You're overgeneralizing all users on this forum which is just as bad respectfully. For as many people who say that stuff there are just as many that try to help. Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    Of course I wasn't talking about the whole forum.
    03-21-13 12:59 PM
    Try using K9 email client on your Z10. That would be a short term solution until the next update. It integrates well with the hub.
    Can't guess what your Bluetooth problem is other to say, someone not applying standards.
    I can't comment on maps. Here's hoping Google supplies an app for BB10 our at least an html5 solution.

Posted via CB10
    Please don't hold your breath for Google Maps for BB10.
    03-21-13 01:01 PM
    Car bluetooth systems are one of the worst for compatibility. They often have weird device incompatibilities. I had a CEO who it took a couple phones and a month dealing with Land Rover over bluetooth issues (Both with a BB 9900 and with an iPhone).
    Unfortunately the only way to "update" these is to typically pay a dealer. It is not free or easy updating. So it is likely that Parrot is using something slightly off spec for how they identify as an audio playback device, or accept the input. The Bluetooth is likely fine, but it is the device emulation within the bluetooth which is the hassle.
    We should start a thread for a list of Bluetooth brands that we know for sure work with BB10.
    thatplaybookguy likes this.
    03-21-13 01:03 PM
    We should start a thread for a list of Bluetooth brands that we know for sure work with BB10.
    I know sony headsets and ps3 keypads work just fine. Ford Sync as well. Jabra headsets, soundbars from sonos and sony as well. probably easier to make a thread about which doesnt.

(if I had of typed that with my z10, thered be no typos)
    03-21-13 01:08 PM
    My parrot mki 9200 works flawlessly
    03-21-13 01:15 PM
    Same old, tired excuses. If you don't love BB10, it's your fault.
    Excuse 1- User error
    Excuse 2- Apps will come eventually
    Excuse 3- Who cares about apps, using a browser is just as good
    Excuse 4- It's a brand new platform, of course there are bugs!

I'm just curious as to when the statute of limitations runs out for these excuses?
    I have to say this a terrible form of thinking. I know BB is trying but apps are the focus point of mobile device ATM. Just saying "they will come" is not a valid excuse for not having the apps needed.

Apps are usually better because they offer a faster more focused experience. Facebook isn't bad through a browser, but it's definitely better through and app (most of the time)
    03-21-13 01:15 PM
    are you selling your z10??? Im looking for one to buy.
    bitek likes this.
    03-21-13 01:16 PM
    Don't use BlueTooth so can't help.
    Whenever I've used BB10 Maps they've served me well, although I grant you, the lack of transit directions and POIs can be a pain, but I have a feeling that will come with time.
    The email experience is very buggy and if email is critical for you this may not be the right time to be on BB10.
    It comes down to you as a person, if you're willing to wait I'm almost certain this will be one of the best phones you can get, and you'll feel better for having stuck with it.
    But if certain things are mission critical for you here, now and today, then this phone may not be able to do those things flawlessly yet.
    Email is one of those things. If you can live with minor hiccups, it's all good. If you need an email powerhouse, the 9900 is selling cheaper today than it was about 2 months ago
    03-21-13 01:24 PM
    Car bluetooth systems are one of the worst for compatibility. They often have weird device incompatibilities. I had a CEO who it took a couple phones and a month dealing with Land Rover over bluetooth issues (Both with a BB 9900 and with an iPhone).
    Unfortunately the only way to "update" these is to typically pay a dealer. It is not free or easy updating. So it is likely that Parrot is using something slightly off spec for how they identify as an audio playback device, or accept the input. The Bluetooth is likely fine, but it is the device emulation within the bluetooth which is the hassle.
    I have come to think that in general, the more expensive the car, the pickier it's bluetooth is in compatibility. It's actually kind of funny if you're the one without the expensive Jag or Land Rover.
    bobauckland likes this.
    03-21-13 01:27 PM
    Of course I wasn't talking about the whole forum.
    Ok. My bad. =)
    03-21-13 01:30 PM
    Every single post you've made since joining this forum have been complaints about supposed inadequacies of the Z10. Then you wonder why you get some negative replies.

Now that you gone back to your iPhone I am looking forward to not having to read any more of your posts.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Z10
    Not exactly true ... many posts about the same issue really. I would probably kill the Parrot first (cue Monty Python skit).
    A lot of answers regarding the lack of Apps suggest side loading ... perhaps a solution for phone geeks but not your average consumer.
    GreenCopperz likes this.
    03-21-13 01:59 PM
    You speak for yourself. It's one thing to come here for resolution and ask for help but to come and say I am switching back to iPhone and Z10 sucks is very annoying. As such the entire media is so biased against BB but Crackberry is BB fans sanctuary and of late there have been too many trolls bashing Z10 for no reason. So, yeah I agree, we don't care and don't post this negative garbage here.
    03-21-13 02:19 PM
    Thanks for the Waze suggestion ... I will give that a try.
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 03-21-13 at 02:44 PM.
    03-21-13 02:25 PM
    Oh well, it all works for me. I don't need an iPhone.
    03-21-13 02:25 PM
    I've had cracking problems with Z10 using the Plantronic Pro and Pro HD Bluetooth headsets which I posted on this site before. When I called Telus I was told it was the first time anyone mentioned this problem. I had hoped the last update would resolve it, but it didn't. Speaking with my brother recently, I was surprised he said he has had similar issues using Bluetooth with 3 previous Blackberry phones, and more surprised, now that he has a Samsung phone he says he no longer has a problem with his Bluetooth. I'm "unwilling" to say it is a BlackBerry problem, but I will say I've had the same cracking problem with the BlackBerry Curve as well. I believe this issue will be resolved in time for the Z and previous BlackBerry phones (for those of us experiencing them). Thank God this issue is not always present! I am not willing to part with my Z10. Have to say for the most part I have been enjoying the Z10 experience. My usage of apps is quite limited. I have no other issue to mention with the Z. I look daily for new apps I might want to try, but limit myself to those that are BB10 native for best results. I believe the BlackBerry experience will be "issue free" in time for all of us. Best regards to you all.
    03-21-13 02:35 PM
    Thanks guys I have received some great advice and will attempt to sort the email issue with that advice. If I can sort this then the rest I can live with in order to Carty on with this phone.

Bluetooth I have been living with and may have to bite the bullet and get a new one.

Anyway many thanks to all who have offered up advice I genuinely appreciate it.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-13 02:41 PM
    You speak for yourself. It's one thing to come here for resolution and ask for help but to come and say I am switching back to iPhone and Z10 sucks is very annoying. As such the entire media is so biased against BB but Crackberry is BB fans sanctuary and of late there have been too many trolls bashing Z10 for no reason. So, yeah I agree, we don't care and don't post this negative garbage here.

I can agree with your media comment but not so much about this site being a fan sanctuary. I don't this this site benefits from fanboys either. Just looking for honest opinions and discussions.
    03-21-13 02:43 PM
    God forbid someone has some issues with the Z10.

Some of you people in here really "blow my mind" OP used the device for a month and so he really gave it a fair shake. So some of you who obviously are in denial proceed to chalk his experience up to user error? Wow, just a FYI, the Z10 has flaws like all smartphones and it will work for some and for others it will not. Some folks will be willing to wait for fixes and others won't.

I find it incredibly ignorant to blame the Z10's shortcomings on user error.

Its no wonder some come to these forums and then never come back. Its no wonder that some have to include " please don't bash me but.." before they make a post.

Some of you are no better than a school bully and you really need to get a life!!! PATHETIC.

Sent from  using Tapatalk
    eldricho, netwerks1 and Drew808 like this.
    03-21-13 02:47 PM
    The bluetooth situation is interesting. Mine works in my car, however, it did fail on me twice. But I figured it out. I had multiple devices paired to my Z10 without knowing it. So, I deleted one of the devices paired and kept the one for my car on and voila! Works like a charm. I also suggest turning on bluetooth on the Z10 after you start your car, it will sync properly.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-13 03:02 PM
    I can agree with your media comment but not so much about this site being a fan sanctuary. I don't this this site benefits from fanboys either. Just looking for honest opinions and discussions.
    Glad you decided to stay OP!
    Might want to edit the first post and add that you are staying with the device for all those that want to come rage later My excuses for those that do.
    03-21-13 03:08 PM
    How about before you make a snarky reply you actually take time to READ the post first?

He never said the maps app didn't fulfill his need because 'it wasn't pretty'. Your swipe at Apple maps is rather puzzling when you ought to know he has the FREE option of loading the best-in-class Google Maps for iOS.

He says Parrot have confirmed an issue with his device and the Z10. Isn't it rather brainless to counter this with an answer like 'Bluetooth is Bluetooth'? Perhaps you may want to convey this brilliant exposition to Parrot so they learn from you :P

His complaint about lack of banking apps ties in with his decision to leave the platform for now (not permanently). How the heck is that not a valid complaint?

Finally, I'd like you to tell me succinctly how 'doing his homework' would have told him all he needed to know on the state of the GPS Maps app, the email issue he's having and the issues with his Bluetooth. I'm waiting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    maybe you should read my whole post i simply pointed out fixes and work arounds.... and agreed where there would be a real issue i.e emails... all the others were petty complaining honestly.. its a new platform not even 3months old. i simply said go to the platform that best fits your needs simple as that, no point in b1tching about it...
    03-21-13 03:19 PM
    I got my Z10 last month and Blue tooth in my car that uses Parrot was not working. It works fine now. The manual indicated that it takes 30 days before it will work on a new device. My friend patients is needed.

Posted via CB10
    Bbnivende likes this.
    03-21-13 03:34 PM
    I got my Z10 last month and Blue tooth in my car that uses Parrot was not working. It works fine now. The manual indicated that it takes 30 days before it will work on a new device. My friend patients is needed.

Posted via CB10
    What? Are you saying the manual says Bluetooth only works 30 days after buying a phone?
    03-21-13 04:04 PM
    Given how much they bloody cost, it's really frustrating actually. I have issues all the time with rental cars and Bluetooth. And I've had 'em on iPhone and BlackBerry. Ditto for the direct connection. I paid 300 bucks for an iOS connector for my car and the damn thing reguarly says my iPhone and iPod are 'unsupported devices'. Sometimes in mid song, it will decide this. Don't know whether it's a phone oS thing or a car thing, but what a bloody pain.
    03-21-13 04:22 PM
    It's too bad that the user is experiencing problems. BlackBerry 10 is still in it's infancy. I think that there will be many updates to the BlackBerry 10 software over the next year and I think that many of the glitches that people are experiencing will be corrected in time. I'm in Canada and got my Z10 on launch day. At first my Z10 wouldn't back up using the desk top software and I had a voicemail notification that I couldn't delete. Tech support from my cell provider couldn't fix the problem. I was a bit frustrated, but had a feeling the there would be a software update and the problems would be corrected. Sure enough a software update came out a week or so later and both problems were corrected. It's a new OS and we have to expect a problem every so often. These different glitches will be ironed out in time.
    03-21-13 04:23 PM
151 1234 ...