I had non option today other than giving up on the z10 and putting the sim back in my old iPhone (which felt very old and small now compared to the z10).

I have stuck by the phone for the past month but today was the last straw for me personally. I have had a few minor issues since purchasing the z10,

firstly the parrot Bluetooth in my van wouldn't link properly, after consulting the forums I paid to have the kit software updated but this hasn't solved the problem. This kit has worked with every phone I have used with it in the last 7 years and I have recently tried a couple of friends phones on it and all connect so the problem isn't with the kit but my phone. Parrot themselves stated that they are aware of issues with this phone.

Second. The banking apps that I use daily are not here, I was aware of this when I bought the phone and thought using the browser would be ok but it just makes simple tasks difficult and time consuming.

Third, the maps are awful, I have subsequently side loaded google maps and they are working ok but not anything like previous phones sat navs.

An lastly, the final straw for me was email or more precisely the lack of it. I use for business a 1&1 account and this it appears will not work properly with my z10. I can receive email but not respond and can only send 1 line new emails. This is unbelievable for blackberry and with no information regarding a resolution I cannot continue to use the device for my business.
    I find myself with a phone with which I cannot talk to my customers when on the road or email them so I really am left with no option but to put it back in its box and go back to my old phone.

Now I couldn't wait to get the z10 and had spent nearly 2 years with an iPhone which although worked perfectly fine just wasn't a blackberry (I am sure alot of you know what I mean). So I am very disappointed with my experience and hope that this post will get some responses that may solve my issues.

Come on crackberry save me from the iPhone...........
    03-21-13 11:07 AM
    Valid points I guess. Not sure of there is a need for a new thread but I do feel your pain! And I honestly wish I could help.

I believe the people on blackberry are working really hard and with a little patience most if not all the issues will be fixed especially email related ones.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960, Spawn12 and dikkr like this.
    03-21-13 11:32 AM
    Sorry to hear that you had problems. Best option is to stick to whats best for you.

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...t-here-260887/
    shiakap likes this.
    03-21-13 11:34 AM
    Your back is using an iPhone?

Seriously though, I believe your gripes, some valid but known for some time, will be addressed sooner than later. Is it really worth going back?
    SlcCorrado likes this.
    03-21-13 11:37 AM
    I believe the bluetooth thing is a user error, bluetooth is bluetooth, and mine works with everything i can bluetooth....

the maps application by far is better than apple maps which sometimes leads you the wrong way or incorrectly reads your location.. Sure it is not 3d and the graphics aren't all that stunning, but it is just as useful as a 200 dollar sat nav from your local tech shop. Its accurate and quick, so not sure your complaint there.

The apps, well those come with time.. Sure I miss my BOA app and my Wellsfargo app but with mobile websites, its just as useful..

The email issue is somewhat understandable... however, there could still be something you arent doing right. I had the same problem for a few days with my me.com account and then on the 100th try it worked.... Obviously theres something that isn't right there.....

At the end of the day tho, something's are just useless griping like complaining about the maps app because its not pretty... And somethings are legitimate concerns like the email issue... if it doesnt work for you, then go back to what does work... Before you switch to something new, do your homework on it or do not switch ...
    VIDGMER and theHip like this.
    03-21-13 11:44 AM
    We don't care. Why are you posting this?

Posted via CB10 from my Zed
    Spawn12, sosof, iToya and 7 others like this.
    03-21-13 11:47 AM

Speak for yourself.
    03-21-13 11:48 AM

Relax.....breathe....its not the end of the world.

No need to be rude, the points are valid for him.

Remember this is CrackBerry, we speak our opinions freely.
    03-21-13 11:56 AM
    Have you contacted 1and1.com ? What do they say.

I agree -Bluetooth isn't just bluetooth. It does depend on the devices. Sometimes my Apple devices work better and sometimes my BB hooks up better. Not sure though that the issue is with the Z10 rather than your bluetooth device.
    03-21-13 11:58 AM
    I posted this in an attempt to find a solution to mainly the bluetooth and email problems.

The maps issue is a real one and it did lead me up 2 dead ends in the same journey, it's a minor issue granted but it is never the less another problem.

The bluetooth issue is not user error as the part it engineer who updated the device couldn't get it to work and as I said he consulted with parrot and there response was as I saud.

I honestly don't want to move away from the z10, there are many many things I think are stunning with it but if it fails to function as a business communication device for me then I really have no option, trust me I wish I was all I wanted it to be.

As for the we don't care replies I expected better from this forum.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-13 12:01 PM
    the map brought me to the wrong place before. my destination was a block away
    03-21-13 12:02 PM
    I'll take your Z10.
    03-21-13 12:11 PM
    Unfortunately for a brand new platform it will take more than a month to work out the kinks. But I'm sure you knew that going in.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-13 12:11 PM

I honestly don't want to move away from the z10, there are many many things I think are stunning with it but if it fails to function as a business communication device for me then I really have no option, trust me I wish I was all I wanted it to be.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry to hear. I think for now your best bet is to stick with your previous setup. BB10 is less than two months old, I'm sure the issues will be resolved sooner than later but better to stick with what works for you and isn't frustrating. And maybe down the road you can come back! Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    SF71 and ricocan like this.
    03-21-13 12:13 PM
    I believe the bluetooth thing is a user error, bluetooth is bluetooth, and mine works with everything i can bluetooth....

the maps application by far is better than apple maps which sometimes leads you the wrong way or incorrectly reads your location.. Sure it is not 3d and the graphics aren't all that stunning, but it is just as useful as a 200 dollar sat nav from your local tech shop. Its accurate and quick, so not sure your complaint there.

The apps, well those come with time.. Sure I miss my BOA app and my Wellsfargo app but with mobile websites, its just as useful..

The email issue is somewhat understandable... however, there could still be something you arent doing right. I had the same problem for a few days with my me.com account and then on the 100th try it worked.... Obviously theres something that isn't right there.....

At the end of the day tho, something's are just useless griping like complaining about the maps app because its not pretty... And somethings are legitimate concerns like the email issue... if it doesnt work for you, then go back to what does work... Before you switch to something new, do your homework on it or do not switch ...
    How about before you make a snarky reply you actually take time to READ the post first?

He never said the maps app didn't fulfill his need because 'it wasn't pretty'. Your swipe at Apple maps is rather puzzling when you ought to know he has the FREE option of loading the best-in-class Google Maps for iOS.

He says Parrot have confirmed an issue with his device and the Z10. Isn't it rather brainless to counter this with an answer like 'Bluetooth is Bluetooth'? Perhaps you may want to convey this brilliant exposition to Parrot so they learn from you :P

His complaint about lack of banking apps ties in with his decision to leave the platform for now (not permanently). How the heck is that not a valid complaint?

Finally, I'd like you to tell me succinctly how 'doing his homework' would have told him all he needed to know on the state of the GPS Maps app, the email issue he's having and the issues with his Bluetooth. I'm waiting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    03-21-13 12:13 PM
    Sorry to hear of your troubles...
    Regarding your 1&1 email: did you set it up according to the following?

E-mail address Your full 1&1 e-mail address (e.g. [email protected])
    User name/Account name Your full 1&1 e-mail address (e.g. [email protected])
    Server address imap.1and1.com
    Password The e-mail account's password set when creating the address in the 1&1 Control Panel.
    03-21-13 12:16 PM

Same old, tired excuses. If you don't love BB10, it's your fault.
    Excuse 1- User error
    Excuse 2- Apps will come eventually
    Excuse 3- Who cares about apps, using a browser is just as good
    Excuse 4- It's a brand new platform, of course there are bugs!

I'm just curious as to when the statute of limitations runs out for these excuses?
    03-21-13 12:22 PM
    I'll take your Z10.
    I am pretty sure there will be many takers and happy people to receive your Z10.

One man's trash (although the Z10 will NEVER BE ONE) can be another man's treasure.
    03-21-13 12:26 PM
    Try using K9 email client on your Z10. That would be a short term solution until the next update. It integrates well with the hub.
    Can't guess what your Bluetooth problem is other to say, someone not applying standards.
    I can't comment on maps. Here's hoping Google supplies an app for BB10 our at least an html5 solution.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-13 12:28 PM
    Parrot has had tons of issues with iOS and Android too. The real problem is them, not Blackberry. I have bluetooth working with Ford Sync, and both of my plantronics headsets all work fine with the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-13 12:32 PM
    firstly the parrot Bluetooth in my van wouldn't link properly, after consulting the forums I paid to have the kit software updated but this hasn't solved the problem. This kit has worked with every phone I have used with it in the last 7 years and I have recently tried a couple of friends phones on it and all connect so the problem isn't with the kit but my phone. Parrot themselves stated that they are aware of issues with this phone.
    I would suggest to reset your car bluetooth to default and wide off all settings. Then do the same on the phone and try to sync again. This did work for me before for some of my more finicky phones.

Second. The banking apps that I use daily are not here, I was aware of this when I bought the phone and thought using the browser would be ok but it just makes simple tasks difficult and time consuming.
    The bank does not have mobile website ? My bank does not have app for Z10 yet but mobile website is so good that there is no need for me to have one. Perhaps you can sideload android version of the banking app ?
    Third, the maps are awful, I have subsequently side loaded google maps and they are working ok but not anything like previous phones sat navs.
    Just download Waze from the app store. This app is the greatestmap app i've ever had.Waze is far superior to Google Maps in every way. I just deleted Google Maps from my Z10. No need for it anymore. Waze got everything and more. Traffic updates,cops,accidents. You name it and it works amazingly well on Z10 given it is not native. Try it.

An lastly, the final straw for me was email or more precisely the lack of it. I use for business a 1&1 account and this it appears will not work properly with my z10. I can receive email but not respond and can only send 1 line new emails. This is unbelievable for blackberry and with no information regarding a resolution I cannot continue to use the device for my business.
    1&1 does not provide pop and smtp settings like Google or Yahoo ? it does not have mobile site to access email like Google or Yahoo. Is the app available for Android phones. Maybe you can get android apk and sideload it. I just use google myself but if this was service that would not work well with z10 first i would call them for support and try to solve it and if they could not i would just dump them and go with service that actually works with z10 (99.9% of them do) then get rid of the phone that i like a lot.
    Grumblegrumble and DJRikko like this.
    03-21-13 12:34 PM
    Guess the Op didn't hear that Bluetooth is all messed up since the latest ios update, rendering Bluetooth useless without about two hours worth of effin around to get some not all things working again. The screen mash exploit hasn't been solved. I paired my z10 to my friends parrot bt in his van just fine in minutes. Blackberry maps was updated last week and now has a 3D view from the road as you make your way around while using it. Honestly, you just don't know how to use the phone.
    A lot of us have no idea what you mean about the iphone for a lot of us never bothered to own one. I have never owned an apple product but my siblings do and guess what, they all have Z10's now.

So go, go back to the phone with horrible security. Go back to the near useless maps. Go back to the phone that runs just one app at a time. Go back to a phone that is really a toy and a company that likes to remove features after launch. Go back to a million ****ty apps that we wouldn't want on BB World anyways. Go back to your over priced plastic gadget. Go back to being an iphonie, we will not miss you.
    03-21-13 12:41 PM
    Same old, tired excuses. If you don't love BB10, it's your fault.
    Excuse 1- User error
    Excuse 2- Apps will come eventually
    Excuse 3- Who cares about apps, using a browser is just as good
    Excuse 4- It's a brand new platform, of course there are bugs!

I'm just curious as to when the statute of limitations runs out for these excuses?
    You're overgeneralizing all users on this forum which is just as bad respectfully. For as many people who say that stuff there are just as many that try to help. Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    ppeters914 likes this.
    03-21-13 12:41 PM
    Car bluetooth systems are one of the worst for compatibility. They often have weird device incompatibilities. I had a CEO who it took a couple phones and a month dealing with Land Rover over bluetooth issues (Both with a BB 9900 and with an iPhone).
    Unfortunately the only way to "update" these is to typically pay a dealer. It is not free or easy updating. So it is likely that Parrot is using something slightly off spec for how they identify as an audio playback device, or accept the input. The Bluetooth is likely fine, but it is the device emulation within the bluetooth which is the hassle.
    03-21-13 12:43 PM
    I posted this in an attempt to find a solution to mainly the bluetooth and email problems.

The maps issue is a real one and it did lead me up 2 dead ends in the same journey, it's a minor issue granted but it is never the less another problem.

The bluetooth issue is not user error as the part it engineer who updated the device couldn't get it to work and as I said he consulted with parrot and there response was as I saud.

Posted via CB10
    Every single post you've made since joining this forum have been complaints about supposed inadequacies of the Z10. Then you wonder why you get some negative replies.

Now that you gone back to your iPhone I am looking forward to not having to read any more of your posts.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Z10
    03-21-13 12:45 PM
151 123 ...