I have a z10 which I purchased ever since February unlocked. Its a STL100-1 model. I bought it Brand new and the box is with me.

Till awhile ago. my phone all of a sudden became blocked by its own. saying something about a IMEI number being block and only allows
    emergency call. I made a restart and after that it doesn't seem to be able to boot up anymore. it freezes at 100%. so I reinstalled a leak OS.
    I have 10.2.0.1791 Leak. I bought the Phone from the Philippines and will be working in Dubai, however I am currently in Iran for a few weeks.
    It was working fine here in Iran, except for updating apps or going to blackberry world. Its blocked over here. but I didn't mind since I was
    already able to download all the apps I need. till this happened. so installed the leak and it boots up, problem is I cant get pass the license
    agreement page. I have both a data connection from my simcard and Wifi, however since Blackberry world is blocked over here, I believe that
    I cant seem to access the license page and im stuck with a z10 that couldn't work because I need a connection that can go through the license
    agreement! I have also noticed that its getting hard from my z10 to boot up since the incident. Please I hope someone could help me.
    11-06-13 06:46 AM
    It sounds like somebody reported your IMEI number as stolen, in which case if you have proof of purchase you need to contact BlackBerry, or the carrier you bought it from.

Not sure about the BlackBerry World thing.

Q10 and Canadian all the way! Q10SQN100-3/10.2.0.1791
    11-06-13 06:52 AM
    My question is. Where will he report it? I never bought the phone from a Carrier to begin with. So my phone has no records whatsoever
    in any of the carriers in the Philippines. Another question is. If whoever did report it as stolen. Why would they believe him without showing
    any proof that the phone is his to begin with? what proof does he have if the box is with me? Im now in Iran, no Blackberry over here, how
    can I get a hold of a Blackberry representative?

is there anyway to get pass the Setup page without connecting to the Internet?
    11-06-13 07:00 AM
    If you bought it off someone else, they could have reported it as stolen, or there is the possibility that the person that sold it to you stole it from someone and that person reported it.

Try calling your carrier, I know in Canada all the carriers have a blacklist now for stolen phones so if you steal it, you can't use it in Canada.

If you bought it from a business, it might just be a mistake. If you have some way of proving that you paid for it then you should be fine.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-13 07:17 AM
    And just because you have the box doesn't mean the guy didn't steal it. He could have taken a whole bunch from a warehouse and they reported them.

They don't accept proof as the box, they usually need a receipt. If you bought it off eBay or kijiji you could try finding the ad? Anything to prove you bought it

Posted via CB10
    11-06-13 07:19 AM
    It is impossible, I bought it from a mobile store.
    11-06-13 07:36 AM
    It is impossible, I bought it from a mobile store.
    Then you should have a receipt.

11-06-13 07:45 AM
    Occasionally a mistake can be made in blacklisting. But to sort it on the current phone, you would have to call BBerry. Also, occasionally, there can be an error on the phone itself. Your rebooting issues suggest this. Since you can run it in Iran and you have been able to upgrade, you can't be totally blocked. You said you reinstalled a leak -- do you mean you were running the leak before? That this only happened with the leak? Or did you install the leak AFTER it said it was blocked? Some versions have a data base of blocked phones built in.

However, your first recourse would be to go to or call the company you bought the phone from and tell them its blocked. It's really their responsibility. You can also call your regular carrier and see if they blocked your phone. But call the place you bought it, it sounds like the phone has general issues anyway.
    11-06-13 08:04 AM
    Occasionally a mistake can be made in blacklisting. But to sort it on the current phone, you would have to call BBerry. Also, occasionally, there can be an error on the phone itself. Your rebooting issues suggest this. Since you can run it in Iran and you have been able to upgrade, you can't be totally blocked. You said you reinstalled a leak -- do you mean you were running the leak before? That this only happened with the leak? Or did you install the leak AFTER it said it was blocked? Some versions have a data base of blocked phones built in.

However, your first recourse would be to go to or call the company you bought the phone from and tell them its blocked. It's really their responsibility. You can also call your regular carrier and see if they blocked your phone. But call the place you bought it, it sounds like the phone has general issues anyway.
    I was running a leak.. but then again the leak that I installed later on became the official OS Blackberry released. Yes I have a receipt. I was never able to upgrade anything ever since I came to Iran. Apps and OS none of them are recognized. even Blackberry Protect is disabled here in Iran. I don't have rebooting issues, rather what I have is a stuck boot up screen whenever I restart the phone from the setup screen where im stuck aswell on the license agreement part. Im not even sure if the "Locking issue IMEI" of my phone is still present since I cant even get pass the License agreement page.
    11-06-13 08:34 AM
    BlackBerry's servers might be blocked in Iran, but the only way to know for sure is to retry setup outside the country.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    11-06-13 08:44 AM
    OK... confused: were you getting the IMEI block BEFORE you installed the leak?
    Were you getting the IMEI block BEFORE you went to Iran?
    11-06-13 09:34 AM
    And you should really update the title of this thread to better describe your problem.

11-06-13 09:52 AM
    BlackBerry's servers might be blocked in Iran, but the only way to know for sure is to retry setup outside the country.

Posted via CB10
    This is what im afraid of.
    11-06-13 10:47 AM
    OK... confused: were you getting the IMEI block BEFORE you installed the leak?
    Were you getting the IMEI block BEFORE you went to Iran?
    I had a leak back when I was in Dubai which later on turned into an official. Still I was in Dubai at that point. Came to iran with an official OS that was installed, it has been working fine for a week now except for not being able to update anything that has something to do with Blackberry, or the appworld or even the beta zone.. also the blackberry protect. but I can use the phone.. till out of nowhere I just saw the IMEI lock sign.. so I restarted my phone but it wont boot up, it got stucked at 100%. So I reinstalled the leak since I cant connect to Blackberry update. but I cant get pass the license agreement.
    11-06-13 10:57 AM