I am still astonished as to how people get their battery life last up to 10 hours. Not even my Note II was able to last that long and it has a 2100mAh battery. Either you guys have the best towers in your city or you just constantly have Airplane mode on.

(or you don't own a data plan at all)
    04-04-13 06:47 PM
    Love hearing this! Battery life is key and this is just more back up. Stupid cnet
    04-04-13 07:02 PM
    Love my Z10 too! I don't want a lot of apps, and I am learning to "flick" words. Battery life is awesome for me. Everything else everyone else has mentioned. I am SO happy with this phone. It can only get better from here on in!
    04-04-13 07:23 PM
    Why did I not know how to say this before? Maybe because I am a bloke! Thank you, thank you and Thank You!
    04-04-13 07:40 PM
    Yeah had a torch

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 08:53 PM
    Blackberry people!!
    04-04-13 11:28 PM
    Got our new phones last Thursday - so has just been one week today. This is the first day (with really high use) that the Zed went to bed before me cause of low charge! Have been a sold out Querty user- but the typing on the Zed is much better than I anticipated! I do make more mistakes without reading glasses in place (thus you now know I am a vintage user). Also have been more challenged @ the "flicking process" - have to concentrate on those words popping up more - but even that is coming along nicely. I changed over from the Bold 9650 and it was smooth as silk. Had already down-loaded the user guide on the playbook - which really helped having it to refer to in the process. Also bounced back and forth to the Crackberry posts detailing some set up info. Since I was previously on OS6 platform the user guide really helped walk me through downloading blackberry link. Out of it all that was the only dicey part - took several tries for link to recognize my device (this was to transfer the stuff from the 9650). Thought maybe the Gmail set-up would be problematic because of using 2 step verification, but if you make sure you write down your excessively long code that you previously would put in the BIS website you are golden. As to the phone itself and it's operation - wouldn't have anything else! Got my first intensive exposure to the iphone 4s at the same time because we upgraded my husband (with hesitation) to his first smartphone. Chose the iphone instead of Z10 simply because I felt he would have better success with it than a BlackBerry. Also did not want to work through any frustration with him over the Z10 that could arise during that learning curve. I say all that to say this: the set up of the Zed10 was way easier than the iphone - even with my need to transfer info from old platform. Plus, just finding things on the Zed10 is easier than on the iphone: ex.: font sizes to change, how to listen to a voicemail again, many little things like this were way easier to find on mine than his phone. There are some little quirks that I see will need ironing out, but these have been addressed @ length. I am so very pleased with this phone! It is a natural extention of the flow we have come to enjoy on the playbook! I only see increase and refinement ahead - and if you have held back getting this phone out of fear of what you have read that was negative - hold back no longer! You are missing a great, sleek, fast, well thought-out, FUN experience!
    04-04-13 11:40 PM
    Got our new phones last Thursday - so has just been one week today. This is the first day (with really high use) that the Zed went to bed before me cause of low charge! Have been a sold out Querty user- but the typing on the Zed is much better than I anticipated! I do make more mistakes without reading glasses in place (thus you now know I am a vintage user). Also have been more challenged @ the "flicking process" - have to concentrate on those words popping up more - but even that is coming along nicely. I changed over from the Bold 9650 and it was smooth as silk. Had already down-loaded the user guide on the playbook - which really helped having it to refer to in the process. Also bounced back and forth to the Crackberry posts detailing some set up info. Since I was previously on OS6 platform the user guide really helped walk me through downloading blackberry link. Out of it all that was the only dicey part - took several tries for link to recognize my device (this was to transfer the stuff from the 9650). Thought maybe the Gmail set-up would be problematic because of using 2 step verification, but if you make sure you write down your excessively long code that you previously would put in the BIS website you are golden. As to the phone itself and it's operation - wouldn't have anything else! Got my first intensive exposure to the iphone 4s at the same time because we upgraded my husband (with hesitation) to his first smartphone. Chose the iphone instead of Z10 simply because I felt he would have better success with it than a BlackBerry. Also did not want to work through any frustration with him over the Z10 that could arise during that learning curve. I say all that to say this: the set up of the Zed10 was way easier than the iphone - even with my need to transfer info from old platform. Plus, just finding things on the Zed10 is easier than on the iphone: ex.: font sizes to change, how to listen to a voicemail again, many little things like this were way easier to find on mine than his phone. There are some little quirks that I see will need ironing out, but these have been addressed @ length. I am so very pleased with this phone! It is a natural extention of the flow we have come to enjoy on the playbook! I only see increase and refinement ahead - and if you have held back getting this phone out of fear of what you have read that was negative - hold back no longer! You are missing a great, sleek, fast, well thought-out, FUN experience!
    slparry likes this.
    04-04-13 11:46 PM
    I'm with all of you. Luv my Z10

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 11:48 PM
    .... cos my Z10 has a great battery life, lovely call quality, slick operating system, connects to wifi and bluetooth easily, sends and receives texts and emails, takes lovely photographs, has all the apps I personally need, has an awesomely fast browser and average built in maps, but now I'm using Miroe Don't Panic that's sorted with a fantastic sat nav program, has access to lots of cloud storage and printing via the lovely Playcloud program.... in general it's a fantastic modern device that's a joy to use, I can only assume those who are complaining on here have either had bad ones/filled them up with junk apps/haven't learnt to use it etc

I picked mine up tonight after much trepidation. I have been pleasantly surprised! Tomorrow I will download some apps and go from there. I think this could become my main device. I need a few apps, so I will see how it goes.
    04-05-13 12:10 AM
    I am still astonished as to how people get their battery life last up to 10 hours. Not even my Note II was able to last that long and it has a 2100mAh battery. Either you guys have the best towers in your city or you just constantly have Airplane mode on.

Yes, it is all to do with where you use your z10. As I've previously posted, just using it in the house I got 2 full days battery life with 35% still left. Using it in the local area, where there is no 4g reception, I switch the phone to 3G and it lasts a full day with around 30-40% battery life still left. But if I'm in London and I have 4G switched on then the battery gets down to 15-20% within 12 hours. What I generally do then, is leave the z10 on 3G and flip in and out of 4G mode only when I'm using the browser or sending an email with attachments
    04-05-13 02:03 AM
    .... cos my Z10 has a great battery life, lovely call quality, slick operating system, connects to wifi and bluetooth easily, sends and receives texts and emails, takes lovely photographs, has all the apps I personally need, has an awesomely fast browser and average built in maps, but now I'm using Miroe Don't Panic that's sorted with a fantastic sat nav program, has access to lots of cloud storage and printing via the lovely Playcloud program.... in general it's a fantastic modern device that's a joy to use, I can only assume those who are complaining on here have either had bad ones/filled them up with junk apps/haven't learnt to use it etc

You are completely right... But I wish that the Z10 would be able to do things like in OS7: copy and paste of sms-texts (only text!), add new numbers (coming in by sms) to address-book (bug!), native apps would run invisible in the background (wallpaper-changer, LED-App, etc.), whatsapp would have an better integration, BlackBerry Protect would work like in OS7 (backup of calender, adressbook, etc. with possibility to restore them WITHOUT a PC), Password-Keeper would be a preinstalled app, a case/pouch would be a carton content, volume of the different alarms/notificationssounds should be adjustable seperately, a reset shouldnt change the Setup, the tabs shouldnt show allways capitals.... A lot to do!
    04-05-13 04:56 AM
    with Z10
    04-05-13 05:47 AM
    2-step initially caught me out, had to generate an application specific password.
    Thanks to my iPhone owning friend for suggesting it (they're good for some things, friends not iPhones).

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 06:48 AM

Well the last time I checked my phone used 33% in 10 hours so a predicted total use time of 30 hours I guess? Drove to work, phone connected via BT to the car, made some calls, received some emails, FB updates, texts etc.

Got to work turned off BT, wifi was still on from home as I'd not turned it off. Device connected to work wifi, worked all day, took some calls, FB updates, text messages, played a simple game.

Drove home, with BT on again a couple of calls.

Got home wifi still on (I never turn it off to be honest) hooks to home wifi.

Browsed a bit on it, took a call or two. As I say 10 hours after I took it off charge it had used 33% so quite pleased with that.

Doesn't a Note II have to have a quad core cpu to cover a less than optimised OS? This is why quad cores aren't all they're cracked up to be as they have to be powered from somewhere, much better to have a slick device specific optimised OS rather than an insecure open one like android
    Last edited by slparry; 04-05-13 at 07:42 AM.
    04-05-13 07:29 AM
    Yes, it is all to do with where you use your z10. As I've previously posted, just using it in the house I got 2 full days battery life with 35% still left. Using it in the local area, where there is no 4g reception, I switch the phone to 3G and it lasts a full day with around 30-40% battery life still left. But if I'm in London and I have 4G switched on then the battery gets down to 15-20% within 12 hours. What I generally do then, is leave the z10 on 3G and flip in and out of 4G mode only when I'm using the browser or sending an email with attachments
    that pretty much ties in with what I've noticed, 33% per 10 hours or so

Thankfully I don't have to go to London, and at present O2 aren't offering 4G so 3G will "have" to do. Having said that most of the time I'm near a wifi connection anyway to be honest
    04-05-13 07:35 AM
    Battery life has been excellent no complaints from me of yet.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 08:04 AM
    Just finished with our taxes (yes I am procrastinate)

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 08:47 AM
    Lol oops. Still learning my phone.

Anyhoo the guy was like what is that? I gave him a demonstration of the z10 and he loved it!

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 08:49 AM
    Same bro!

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 08:53 AM
    Lol oops. Still learning my phone.

Anyhoo the guy was like what is that? I gave him a demonstration of the z10 and he loved it!

Posted via CB10
    Cool, I've found lots of interest from people too about the Z10 when they see it.
    04-06-13 07:15 PM
    Cool, I've found lots of interest from people too about the Z10 when they see it.
    After a week with running with WiFi on instead of relying on cellular data, I can confirm that battery life skyrockets when WiFi is on and connected to a network.

For those who are having battery issues, try connecting to WiFi whenever you can.
    04-13-13 11:00 AM
    my Z10 with +12hours battery life easily with NCF and Bluetooth off.
    04-13-13 11:40 AM
173 ... 567