During my preorder process online for my Z10 it said I would no longer be able to keep my unlimited data plan do to the fact that I was upgrading to a 4g LTE sim. Disappointed, but I carried on choosing the amount of data and pricing.... Afterwards, I ranted to countless cust reps on the phone as to why I couldn't keep my unlimited plan, with no luck.. So I figure I just gotta deal with it.

But now looking at my latest VZW bill and tracking current data usage, it remains to say i'm still under an Unlimited Data plan??

Not that i'm complaining, but has this happened to anyone else?
    04-18-13 09:19 AM
    Shhhhhhhhh!

Posted via CB10
    3hb78ftg likes this.
    04-18-13 09:24 AM
    During my preorder process online for my Z10 it said I would no longer be able to keep my unlimited data plan do to the fact that I was upgrading to a 4g LTE sim. Disappointed, but I carried on choosing the amount of data and pricing.... Afterwards, I ranted to countless cust reps on the phone as to why I couldn't keep my unlimited plan, with no luck.. So I figure I just gotta deal with it.

But now looking at my latest VZW bill and tracking current data usage, it remains to say i'm still under an Unlimited Data plan??

Don't assume it's still there. Last June they stopped grandfathering that plan. The only way to keep it is to purchase new phones outright at full price. It may take their computer a month to catch up because your bill will be prorated for the change of plan. It will probably read it as unlimited (even thought it isn't) until your plan evens out next month.

~ Timett, Son of Timett

Posted via CB10
    00stryder likes this.
    04-18-13 09:27 AM
    I'm with AT&T with grandfathered unlimited data - the rep assured me at the time of purchase that my plan would not change and its hasn't. I received my first bill and it shows the unlimited data plan. Hopefully you will be fine on Verizon.
    BlackberryPig likes this.
    04-18-13 09:30 AM
    My parents somehow managed to upgrade to the Iphone 5 and keep there unlimited data. Not sure how he did it (didnt buy at full retail). I didnt want to risk it, and just bought my Zed 10 outright. I have a feeling that at some point vzw will figure it out, but i guess he lucks out for now.
    04-18-13 09:31 AM
    I'm with AT&T with grandfathered unlimited data - the rep assured me at the time of purchase that my plan would not change and its hasn't. I received my first bill and it shows the unlimited data plan. Hopefully you will be fine on Verizon.
    Same here...

Posted from the beyond...
    04-18-13 09:52 AM
    You are fine because At&T still grandfathers their plan. They can do this because they limit your features and throttle your data. Verizon did neither of these and now its gone. What features you ask? As an example FaceTime and BBM video chat are not available using unlimited data but are accessible on their other data options.

Timett, Son of Timett
    04-18-13 09:56 AM
    I wouldn't assume they made a mistake and start streaming Hamlet just yet. Better to make sure, if you plan on using a lot of data.
    04-18-13 09:58 AM
    I'm on VZW, it switched faster than I could blink lol. I am keeping a close eye on it though and have alerts in place.

In a week, I'm at 300 megs, at that rate, I should be will under my 2 gb allowance. We shall see...
    04-18-13 10:16 AM
    I'm on VZW, it switched faster than I could blink lol.
    Hey if that was the case for you with VZW....then I should be good it's been a month
    04-18-13 10:20 AM
    You have to buy your phone outright or from somewhere like eBay/Craigslist to keep it. Bought mine outright.
    04-18-13 10:21 AM
    But I paid upgrade price to keep it....knock on wood ha.
    04-18-13 10:24 AM
    But I paid upgrade price to keep it....knock on wood ha.
    Have you gotten a paper bill since you upgraded? Specifically one where your upgrade occurred within that billing cycle?

~ Timett, Son of Timett

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 10:45 AM
    Upgrade price should trigger a new plan. Beware though, don't short yourself on data for the first month even if you plan on using WiFi most of the time. 1 or 2GB is not enough for the first month as even with medium usage I almost hit 2 in 2 weeks (some of that was my fault but over the course of a month...)
    I'm up to 905.22MB (0.893GB) since April 5 and I still have until May 4 to go, thankfully I already upped to 4GB so I should be ok.
    04-18-13 10:57 AM
    I'll hang to BIS till 4G hits my city in 12 days. Then I'll decide if the plans and speeds are worth giving up unlimited data.
    04-18-13 11:07 AM
    I had unlimited data with AT&T. However with that you aren't able to use BBM video without wi-fi as a means to control the data flow. From what I noticed, AT&T does not try to force you out of the grandfathered plan... just slightly motivates you to.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 11:19 AM
    I had unlimited data with AT&T. However with that you aren't able to use BBM video without wi-fi as a means to control the data flow. From what I noticed, AT&T does not try to force you out of the grandfathered plan... just slightly motivates you to.

Posted via CB10
    Accurate.

Timett, Son of Timett
    04-18-13 11:41 AM
    I am still unlimited with at&t.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 11:51 AM
    Unlimited here too. Zero issues.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 12:25 PM
    Have you gotten a paper bill since you upgraded? Specifically one where your upgrade occurred within that billing cycle?
    Yes, I have a paper bill where my upgrade occurred within the last week of that cycle. Still no billable data was charged, not even prorated for that week after upgrading. My current 'My Verizon Mobile' status also reads data usage for the current billing cycle as 'Unlimited', with cycle ending 5/2.
    04-18-13 12:28 PM
    AT&T took away my unlimited plan when upgraded from the 9810 to the Z10. I caught that 2 days later checking my account online. One phone call and 3 different custumer reps later I was back on unlimited. Of course I did threaten to switch to Verizon in the process.
    04-18-13 12:35 PM
    Yes, I have a paper bill where my upgrade occurred within the last week of that cycle. Still no billable data was charged, not even prorated for that week after upgrading. My current 'My Verizon Mobile' status also reads data usage for the current billing cycle as 'Unlimited', with cycle ending 5/2.
    Well, you may have dodged a bullet because someone on their end screwed up. It's odd because usually their systems automatically change it. Attempting to add it back should result in a system error. I work for Best Buy Mobile and when we upgrade a phone with unlimited data on Verizon, it gives us at least 3 red flags to make sure that both we and the customer are aware that A.) They have it. and B.) They're about to lose it.

Enjoy it while it lasts, but keep an eye on it. You don't want to wake up one morning to a 2gb cap and find out you went over by 75 gigs. I've seen it happen. It isn't pretty.

AT&T took away my unlimited plan when upgraded from the 9810 to the Z10. I caught that 2 days later checking my account online. One phone call and 3 different custumer reps later I was back on unlimited. Of course I did threaten to switch to Verizon in the process.
    As you should have. This is the shady crap that carriers pull like it is an "accident." I have no proof, but I do not doubt that direct carrier reps and corporate stores are probably given some sort of minor bonus for every unlimited plan they manage to remove.

Timett, Son of Timett
    drb32856 likes this.
    04-18-13 12:35 PM
    Enjoy it while it lasts, but keep an eye on it. You don't want to wake up one morning to a 2gb cap and find out you went over by 75 gigs. I've seen it happen. It isn't pretty.
    I hear you. I'll definitely remain cautious about my data usage.... well at least up until the next couple of billing cycles.
    04-18-13 12:47 PM
    I'm in the same boat. Mines still on unlimited even after the billing cycle ended.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 01:07 PM

Yep same for me with AT&T but I think it was because the store was woefully inept.
    04-18-13 01:31 PM
49 12