So when you showed the demo how did those Other device users react? Stunned...Shrugged and Go "eh my device can do that and more..." ?
    This. Love to know.
    At first they were not thrilled but once the demo started and saw how fast you can move around without "going home" they were more interested.
    To be honest, they didn't get the whole active bezel concept. They still think inside the box screen. Even after the demo they were had a mental block to stay within the screen. That kind of scared me and how that will apply for user adaption.
    01-18-13 07:01 AM
    The person that showed me was amazed at how well I could use the device...
    I was hopeless at trying to flick up the suggested words on the keyboard! I'm sure I will get the hang of it.
    01-18-13 07:25 AM
    I did sign an NDA but I can certainly give you my general impression... After the demo I got to see, I was actually even more impressed than I expected to be. The device felt good in the hand, managed all tasks quickly, never once lagged, was a totally one-handed experience for everything except typing and the on-screen keyboard was seamless. We had an Apple-embedded attendee who ran parallel "testing" with his personal iPhone 5 and iPad 2 during the meeting. His comment upon leaving was, "It's like BlackBerry and iPhone had sex and this is their love child. It's so intuitive!" He has opted not to upgrade his work device until BB10 releases even though we are a multi-platform BYOD facility.
    Techno-Emigre, dynot and robkd like this.
    01-18-13 08:14 AM
    Thanks for all the updates. My question is, though not to reveal anything, come January 30th will there still be a solid amount of "reveals" for us to say "wow," given the fact that we have a decent amount of leaks going around.

Also, regarding the keyboard suggested word flickup: It seems a bit excess with two thumbs as I can type the word quicker than processing what word I want to flickup. But, with one hand, the flickups are amazing and extremely important.
    01-18-13 08:21 AM
    Thanks for all the updates. My question is, though not to reveal anything, come January 30th will there still be a solid amount of "reveals" for us to say "wow," given the fact that we have a decent amount of leaks going around.

Also, regarding the keyboard suggested word flickup: It seems a bit excess with two thumbs as I can type the word quicker than processing what word I want to flickup. But, with one hand, the flickups are amazing and extremely important.
    Perhaps 2, 3 even 4 letter words can be typed about as quick. I predict that longer words will be quicker if flicked.
    01-18-13 08:52 AM
    I was hopeless at trying to flick up the suggested words on the keyboard! I'm sure I will get the hang of it.
    I wasn't very good at it either. It was only 2 minutes though. I was told that everybody took a day or two to adjust, but once you did, it was a breeze.
    01-18-13 09:01 AM

I asked and was told probably nothing that will make you say "wow"(unless app availabilty wows you). There's still some "nice" stuff, but nothing revolutionary.
    01-18-13 09:03 AM
    I am sure they would rather underpromise and overdeliver...
    01-18-13 09:54 AM
    I feel confident that it will outshine when it is released in 2 weeks. I am jazzed about it.
    01-18-13 10:03 AM
    In a meeting with many other people who wanted to try out the devices, it was hard to drill down into every nuance to specifically search for features. There are things that have not yet been leaked. I was pretty "wowwed" by the overall hands-on experience honestly. I've been hanging on every video, leaked picture, etc. for months but none of those really gave me a feel for how the new device would function as a whole. I think an operating system requires interaction with the user before the "wow" factor is a reality because you'll never know how all of those features interact based on sniplet video demos and isolated pictures. But, that's just my 6 cents worth...

I should have explained that I was previously a physical keyboard junkie. I had actually intended to wait for the X10 because of my physical QWERTY dependence. So, for me, two hands was where I had to start with the on-screen keyboard. After my short time with the device, I was thoroughly impressed and I will be purchasing a Z10 (and maybe an X10 later...). I typed an email and two texts without making a mistake and, for any word greater than three letters, I started using the flickup feature with ease. With a little time and practice, I think the flickup would work just as well one-handed, particularly for those who are already acclimated to on-screen typing with other devices.
    01-18-13 12:28 PM
35 12