Rim is giving them to some of there staff for there main phones. Just happen to know one and got to play with it. Can't go into any details but its great! Anyone else other than kevin play with one? Or am I just lucky!

Sometime in Febuary my bank account is going to plummet
    Last edited by Gatmyer; 01-16-13 at 02:51 PM.
    01-16-13 02:10 PM
    playing with tools is dangerous
    01-16-13 02:18 PM
    I got to play with one in early January and posted a thread here. I am surprised more threads like these haven't appeared.
    01-16-13 02:44 PM
    I got to play with one in early January and posted a thread here. I am surprised more threads like these haven't appeared.
    I think so. I expect it to go twice as fast.
    01-16-13 02:56 PM
    Why start this thread? Oh, I mean, why duplicated another thread again???
    01-16-13 03:36 PM
    ... Can't go into any details but its great! Anyone else other than kevin play with one?...
    Did you sign an NDA? If not, you can share some info. Even if you did, can't you tell us your general impressions?

What I'd really like to know is if there's more coming other than what's been leaked already. Specifically, is there more TAT influence on the device you played with?
    01-16-13 03:53 PM
    2 weeks to go. Leave some till the launch.
    Cheers
    01-16-13 08:53 PM
    2 weeks to go. Leave some till the launch.
    Cheers
    Maybe its just me, but if you don't want to know things regarding BB10 or the Z10 maybe you should not visit crackberry forums and in particular, the Z10 sub forum instead of suggesting people keep quite about things they know? Just a thought

OP give us some thoughts of the finish, speed, quality, flow, anything to make this post of more value
    01-16-13 11:37 PM
    Rim is giving them to some of there staff for there main phones. Just happen to know one and got to play with it. Can't go into any details but its great! Anyone else other than kevin play with one? Or am I just lucky!

Sometime in Febuary my bank account is going to plummet
    plummet eh? is it that expensive?

processor and ram specs? can you confirm??
    01-17-13 01:29 AM
    Any info we dont already know would be appreciated if you haven't signed and NDA.
    01-17-13 04:05 AM
    ^ Any info the OP shares, NDA or not, from a friend with a BB10 could potentially get said friend fired. That's why many of us don't say a word.
    RIM staff have been carrying BB10 around in their pockets for ages.
    01-17-13 12:13 PM
    ^ Any info the OP shares, NDA or not, from a friend with a BB10 could potentially get said friend fired. That's why many of us don't say a word.
    RIM staff have been carrying BB10 around in their pockets for ages.
    I met a RIM employee in a hotel on holiday. He very generously showed me his Z10 once he established I did not work for the press. I don't think they have necessarily been sworn to secrecy as he was very open about the phone and I was a stranger. I imagine there are features they have been told not to show. Nevertheless I kept my own post about playing with the Z10 sufficiently vague. Also I only saw it for a couple of minutes. I have no idea how someone could be expected to glean processor and memory details in such a short time. I couldn't tell you those details about my 9900!
    pmccartney likes this.
    01-17-13 12:30 PM
    I met a RIM employee in a hotel on holiday. He very generously showed me his Z10 once he established I did not work for the press. I don't think they have necessarily been sworn to secrecy as he was very open about the phone and I was a stranger. I imagine there are features they have been told not to show. Nevertheless I kept my own post about playing with the Z10 sufficiently vague. Also I only saw it for a couple of minutes. I have no idea how someone could be expected to glean processor and memory details in such a short time. I couldn't tell you those details about my 9900!
    I recall your thread and you where very careful with what you said. I also suspect that the person showing you their BB10 was very careful what you were permitted to see or he did not have the final, fully loaded, product and wasn't concerned that you could/would see anything not permitted before the launch.
    The point I am making is if a RIM employee leaks something that is to be revealed, only at launch, they could easily lose there job.
    astraith and Pilchard like this.
    01-17-13 12:39 PM
    As far as have/have not signed an NDA .... could and should are not the same thing. There are lots of reasons for keeping confidentiality, like giving your word, trust between friends, integrity, wanting RIM to have a shining moment of awe when they make the big reveal. We are all tempted ... that is how I clicked on this thread. But really, let's not ruin Christmas. Still, OP .... you can tells us what your experience was like without giving away any details at all. Argh! I am strongly considering hibernating for the next two weeks. Except then what? I will know all the details and still have to wait until they are in the stores ....
    torpesco likes this.
    01-17-13 12:56 PM
    While I wouldn't want anyone to risk losing their job I have to question the motive of making a post like this. Read it again...all he says is it was great and then disappears. Yeah, we've read many posts where someone says its great so we knew that already. And those posts revealed much more than the OP here (including official RIM-approved promotions).

I don't want to question whether the OP actually handled one (many have), but again why post this if you won't offer more than a "its great"?
    01-17-13 03:40 PM
    WARNING: This is not a pro-Apple Anti-RIM message. If you think it is, please go outdoors and get some fresh air lest the Grim Reaper visits tonight.

In anticipation of the availability of the BlackBerry Z10 and to replace an older Apple iPod Nano, I bought the new Apple iPod Nano touch-screen media player. Come on I need some time to adjust to the less than 7-inch BlackBerry Z10 touch-screen after using the BlackBerry PlayBook for almost 2 years...and the Apple iPod Nano is as good a training ground as any other media player. I am even getting used to the left-swipe / right-swipe gestures to open and close / hide applications. I still have concerns about the lack of a physical keyboard on the BlackBerry Z10 but based on the leaked photographs of the BlackBerry X10 I am probably going to forego the physical keyboard due to poor aesthetics. If Research In Motion released the BlackBerry Blade user-concept-design smartphone it would be the clear winner for me.
    01-17-13 03:42 PM
    ^ any chance you're posting in the wrong thread?
    01-17-13 06:14 PM
    All the BB10 teasing (leaks, pictures, etc) feels a bit like a good lap dance... gets you excited and feels good, but you aren't getting the real thing. I've got BB10 blue balls.
    01-17-13 06:56 PM
    While I wouldn't want anyone to risk losing their job I have to question the motive of making a post like this. Read it again...all he says is it was great and then disappears. Yeah, we've read many posts where someone says its great so we knew that already. And those posts revealed much more than the OP here (including official RIM-approved promotions).

I don't want to question whether the OP actually handled one (many have), but again why post this if you won't offer more than a "its great"?
    I know how the OP feels. I played with one for a few beautiful minutes and was dying to share but I didn't want to post anything to quickly. I was afraid the person who showed me would make me out as I saw a CrackBerry icon on it. It's been a week now so maybe I can hide my thoughts here. Solid feel, perfect size. Flowed beautifully, no lag. It was only 2 minutes but what I saw was a Bridge icon, turn by turn voice navigation, 128 GB expandable memory. Browser was blazing fast.
    dynot and jvictor77 like this.
    01-17-13 08:22 PM
    ^ any chance you're posting in the wrong thread?
    Nope. I was explaining my strategy to prepare for the BlackBerry Z10 all-touch-screen device. But thanks for taking time to ask if I was lost.
    01-17-13 08:26 PM
    Got to play with one today.
    We passed it around and it was funny to watch the iOS and Android users trying to use it. I gave them a quick demo since I'm glued to CB and it was quick and responsive. There was an update to apply that we didn't get to, but it was light in the hand and quick to respond.
    dynot likes this.
    01-17-13 09:11 PM
    Maybe its just me, but if you don't want to know things regarding BB10 or the Z10 maybe you should not visit crackberry forums and in particular, the Z10 sub forum instead of suggesting people keep quite about things they know? Just a thought

OP give us some thoughts of the finish, speed, quality, flow, anything to make this post of more value
    Not suggesting people to keep quiet. **** I love all the leaks so far.
    Just leave some big stuffs till the launch. Sorry if I offended anyone.
    Cheers
    01-17-13 09:42 PM
    We passed it around and it was funny to watch the iOS and Android users trying to use it. I gave them a quick demo since I'm glued to CB and it was quick and responsive. There was an update to apply that we didn't get to, but it was light in the hand and quick to respond.
    The person that showed me was amazed at how well I could use the device. Too much CrackBerry for me during the NHL lockout. One down, one to go.......
    robkd and Jerky223 like this.
    01-17-13 10:02 PM

So when you showed the demo how did those Other device users react? Stunned...Shrugged and Go "eh my device can do that and more..." ?
    jerryeight likes this.
    01-18-13 01:29 AM
    So when you showed the demo how did those Other device users react? Stunned...Shrugged and Go "eh my device can do that and more..." ?
    This. Love to know.
    01-18-13 05:45 AM
35 12