Hey thanks for all the help in my other thread. Got my Z10 today, very cool!

This is one very responsive device! No sticky pauses when selecting something like my old droid . The hub deal is NICE, and it's got a blinky light for notification, none on my previous iphone. All day on and still 1/2 battery, cool too. Just gotta get some ring tones into it, talk about a minimalistic amount in there lol

To sub for a widgety home screen I'm leaving calander, weather, to do, and clock opened in 4 little boxes so thats cool enough, better than iPhones skinny icon list home screen.

Cool cool thanks folks!
    drewread, kb1234, Umass021 and 2 others like this.
    11-27-13 10:38 PM
    Welcome to the dark side!

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 10:39 PM
    Wecolme aboard!!!

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 11:09 PM
    Glad you took the plunge! Now get fully familiar and when you are comfortable, plunge yourself even deeper: install the latest leak and add some cool android apps to your collection.
    11-27-13 11:25 PM
    Wecome !!!
    11-27-13 11:29 PM
    Congrats! It really is a fun phone. I've had mine a little over a month. The learning curve can be sharp but what I discovered was that I researched the phone so much and the forums and site had so much discussion about it that I knew most of the tricks by the time I got it.

Did you end up going with the black or white?
    11-27-13 11:35 PM
    Congratulations on your purchase!
    And welcome to your new obsession
    11-27-13 11:46 PM
    Congratulations! You will absolutely enjoy your new BlackBerry Z10, a wise choice indeed!
    11-27-13 11:51 PM
    Welcome to Z family!
    I'd you want new ring tones, Zedge is great. You can find it in the BlackBerry World.
    They have free ring tones, live background, HD pics for screen pics, ring notifications too.

Post via my Z10!
    11-28-13 12:57 AM
    You now own the best phone on the market

Posted via CB10
    11-28-13 01:47 AM
    Good to hear, you're just a day in, next week you'll be flying! Be sure to let us know how it goes!

Posted via BlackBerry Z10
    11-28-13 01:50 AM
    Load up the latest .1055 leak and you will never even think of going back to Android...
    And you can run the apps that you enjoy like Instagram, Line, Candy Crush etc.

Enjoy your z10

Posted via the awesome keyboard on Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1055 using CB10 App
    11-28-13 11:48 AM
    Thanks!

I went with black

Zedge, cool I didn't see it listed but will look thanks!
    11-28-13 12:03 PM
    You can use any song as a ring tone too. I gave different people different songs as ring tones so I always know who's calling.

Welcome to the club! I'm just a few weeks in myself and loving this thing more every day as it reveals all its neat little features.
    11-28-13 12:10 PM
    I couldn't find Zedge, when I search that term it came up with one called sticky4 it has a few tones and wallpapers so got that on here :-)
    11-28-13 02:15 PM
    Still playing with it, after the 2 week evaluation I might have to do the leak, no YP app on BB eek, I normally use YP every day.

So far, I see 2 things I like over my droid bionic,
    1- the hub : so easy to check messages instead of opening an email program etc
    2- the device has almost zero lag

2 things....
    1- one issue, my phone shows no recent calls even though I've called and received several calls on it?
    2- how do you mute all audio? Thought I did it but opened the crack berry app and it goes DIngDingDing
    Last edited by ronpfid; 11-28-13 at 04:27 PM.
    11-28-13 03:28 PM
    I'm also a relative newbie, but I can help in a few things....

1) To see your recent calls, go to the hub. You can select just the calls by clicking the menu button at the bottom left, then scrolling down to calls. Shows made/received and missed.

2) Normally, setting notifications off should do the job (in the pull down menu), however you can also do it app by app by going to settings->notifications->All applications (at the bottom). Find CB10, click on it and adjust the sounds Alternatively (yes, the third way), you can open CB10, pull down the settings menu (swipe from the top - like settings in the home screen), select settings (right icon) and choose the sounds, or disable them.

Oh, and to get a clock on the home screen, just start the clock app, then minimise it (swipe up). It will update. When you screen locks/blanks, just swipe upwards and hold to see the notifications screen (with time/date). In 10.2, you can even preview hub messages. In 10.2.1 (which I don't have) that is extended to opening them.

Hope this helps, and welcome to the Z10
    11-28-13 04:16 PM
    Thanks, setting cb as silent in the apps did the trick.

Oddly all my calls yesterday are not in the hub but one I just made today is.

Found one cool thing, if you swipe down on the keyboard it changes to numbers then again to symbols, very cool. And an this is by far the best phone keyboard I've ever used. I'm typing with it now at least 5 times faster then I could on my DROID. It's almost ad Fast as using a computer keyboard. That and the hub sells it for me, this phone rocks!
    11-28-13 04:24 PM
    Get familiar with what OS you are on right now. You'll appreciate the changes more when you install the recent leak.

- flick to the left on the keyboard with one finger to delete a word. Two fingers for two words, etc...

- in the browser. Either you flick up or flick right on the back button to give you small history list.

- tap left, right, top, bottom of the bubble cursor to move in increments of one character.

- while the screen is off, swipe up from the bottom, while your finger is still on the screen, swipe it back down to turn the screen back off.

- you can take a screenshot by holding the volume up and down button. Hold it longer, it will do a hard reset.

- you can set your phone to do remote access with BlackBerry Link. If you are having troubles, it could be because of your firewall.

What's YP? Yellow pages? It should be in BlackBerry World.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-13 04:40 PM
    Get familiar with what OS you are on right now. You'll appreciate the changes more when you install the recent leak.

- flick to the left on the keyboard with one finger to delete a word. Two fingers for two words, etc...

- in the browser. Either you flick up or flick right on the back button to give you small history list.

- tap left, right, top, bottom of the bubble cursor to move in increments of one character.

- while the screen is off, swipe up from the bottom, while your finger is still on the screen, swipe it back down to turn the screen back off.

- you can take a screenshot by holding the volume up and down button. Hold it longer, it will do a hard reset.

- you can set your phone to do remote access with BlackBerry Link. If you are having troubles, it could be because of your firewall.

What's YP? Yellow pages? It should be in BlackBerry World.

Posted via CB10
    Cool info just tried it,

Yes YP is yellow pages I search it and do not see it listed, tried it's actual app name "yp" and yellow pages.
    But I saved a browser link short cut to my home screen to its website and that seems to work good.

Sure loving this phone more and more as I use it ( and using my tablet less and less lol)
    11-28-13 10:08 PM
    Cool info just tried it,

Yes YP is yellow pages I search it and do not see it listed, tried it's actual app name "yp" and yellow pages.
    But I saved a browser link short cut to my home screen to its website and that seems to work good.

Sure loving this phone more and more as I use it ( and using my tablet less and less lol)
    I have YellowPages on my Z10

Posted via CB10
    11-28-13 11:55 PM
    Got my Z10 today-barcode.png
    Scan this for gift.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-13 11:58 PM
    Got my Z10 today-img_00000030.png

Posted via CB10
    11-29-13 12:14 AM
    Wow none of those show up for me, the only one that comes up is south Africa yellow pages
    11-29-13 10:58 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	barcode.png 
Views:	739 
Size:	2.2 KB 
ID:	225225
    Scan this for gift.

Posted via CB10
    How when it's on my screen?
    11-29-13 10:59 AM
40 12