BLACKBERRY 10 HAS A BATTERY ISSUE THAT THE BLACKBERRY FAITHFUL ON THIS FORUM IS TO BLIND TO SEE AND IT REALLY ANNOYS ME BLACKBERRY NEEDS TO ADDRESS THE ISSUE AND QUICKLY TO........ Cant get through a day without having to charge a phone and frankly speaking i dont want to hear android and ios has the same problem im not in their platform blackberry was once known as king of battery life why cant they just get something right very frustrating
    No they don't. My batteries go easily 24+ hours. I don't use WiFi but do turn on Bluetooth when in the car. I process about 150+ e-mails daily with BBM /texting and web apps. I don't use any other social media apps...and if I do use WiFi, it shortens battery life by about 35%. I run about 85% screen brightness, with a 20-second timeout and screen lock the phone immediately after use. I don't use LTE...as that shortens battery life by about 50% and that would apply to any LTE capable device.. I use about 60-90 mins of phone calls daily. I wish battery life would be better, but this isn't bad at all - and there's nothing in a a touch screen device that will go further in this class, IMO. It will never be the same as the legacy devices; that's a fact of life with current battery technology.

I think those who have battery issues either have a bad device, bad cell coverage or some apps that do not behave well.
    06-24-13 09:39 AM
    This is what my battery was like last week and since I got the device actually.
    Got another battery life question-crackberry-image.jpg

And then like I said before, Friday, it started draining quickly. Now it looks like this.
    Got another battery life question-img_00000223.png

When it's charging and I use it it actually drains instead of charging. When the phone is in standby it is now using 0.80 watts instead of my usual 0.04 watts.

I didn't put any new apps on or change anything. I have done several security wipes. Tried several OS numbers. Tried it with no restores and nothing is fixing it..

Posted via CB10
    j21jam6 likes this.
    06-24-13 10:45 AM
    at 7:25am this morning I unplugged my Z10, used it normally at work, few calls few texts, few emails .... via wifi in the office, bluetooth off apart from the commute either way.

It's now 8:06 pm and it's showing 69% still available. So, thankfully not all appear to have a problem, perhaps it's the mix of apps?
    06-24-13 02:07 PM
    I've completed wiped my phone and only installed battery guru and it still draws the same power. Seems very weird this has recently to several people.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-13 02:24 PM
    Yeah this is weird usually my battery last over 12hrs with moderate usage, but today Mt batter is almost out after 5 hrs....

Posted via CB10
    06-24-13 03:07 PM
    There is another thread on this same issue. Some are having it and some are not. I am one that is having it. Phone will hit 40degC or greater at times and the battery plummets, fast.

I've tried wipes, deleting all apps, etc and haven't had any success figuring it out yet.

From the ZED via CB10.. booyah!
    06-24-13 03:24 PM
    Just read this:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=821704

Anyone else having the problem using a uSD Card in the phone?

From the ZED via CB10.. booyah!
    06-24-13 03:28 PM
    I've been following the numerous threads on Z10 battery woes without having experienced it myself. Finally, after using a Z10 (now with OS 10.1) for months and a dev alpha before that, I have experienced the problem others have spoken about.

On Saturday, after unplugging from a charging cable to head out for the day, the Z10 began to get hot - really hot! - and started eating the battery like there was no tomorrow. After 5 or so hours the battery was almost dead. I made it home by allowing it to charge using a charger in my car.

Once home, I bought Battery Guru as recommended by numerous CB members and saw results similar to gatotlie. The temperature was showing steady at a balmy 39C.

All the battery preservation techniques I've read about had previously been set:
    - display brightness set down to ~35-40%
    - "send diagnostics and usage data" set to Off
    - "Allow gestures when locked" set to off
    - bluetooth, wi-fi, and NFC all off
    - mobile network manually set to NOT use LTE
    - no apps running; no BlackBerry travel

Despite all this, the battery did not even last 6 hours from fully charged (98%) over night while it was doing nothing other than checking email, Twitter and LinkedIn occasionally (and running Battery Guru).

After 6 hours and with the battery drained it shut off. After it was plugged in and restarted all was well again. I have no idea what triggered the problem but clearly something had gone very wrong (OS bug maybe?). It was only corrected with the reboot.
    You havent try putting the airplane mode on the whole time. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-13 04:07 PM
    This is the reason I went back to a SGS3. Had no problems for a while but then it started. Nothing fixed it.
    06-24-13 05:17 PM
34 12