Any one here big users of Google voice?

When I switched from my 9900 I was bummed that there would be no gv app. But the Web app looked adequate. As it turns out the site doesn't auto search for your contacts when you're trying to text.

How's your luck with gv on the z10?

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 07:03 PM
    I'm a big Google Voice user. I was forced to simply log into the website and work from there when I discovered that the side loaded app no longer shields my cell number for the GV substitute.

04-14-13 08:04 PM
    The html5 version may not auto search your contacts but it still pulls in your history and you can call and text direct from the history

As far as the side load not shielding my # that doesn't bother me since I only use it to call Canada to frenz that have my actual # anywayz... but I do see and realize the importance of that feature

Posted via CB10 with my White Chocolate Z10
    04-14-13 08:36 PM
    Once OS 10.1 is released Android apps will have access to the contact list. That is what makes it useless to me right now. I am mainly interested in the free texting.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 08:54 PM
    I'm a heavy Google Voice user and I am really frustrated there is no native app. I hope later down the road Google decides to build several Google app's for BlackBerry 10.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 10:40 PM
    I use voice for all of my texts and the side loaded app is adequate but one thing that annoys me is that on BIS I was always able to reply directly to texts forwarded to my email however with no text only email on the z10 (and no delete previous message option) this is not possible. Sucks...

Now I forward them to my email to make sure i get them on time and then open the app... or i just have to leave the app in active frame all day. crappy work around, but still effective.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 11:30 PM
    Good insight fellas. I'm waiting impatiently for the q10 as well, and I hope blackberry or someone makes a GV app soon.
    04-16-13 01:42 AM
    Ive successfully decompiled the native google voice app to its source code including all images in hopes of changing the private server location to instead point to the front page login. Why google didn't do this is beyond me. Unfortunately im not a java guru and having a hard time compiling the files in eclipse. Anyone willing to help give me a shout on here or my gmail queberican351.
    04-19-13 09:21 AM
    What I do with the HTML app is i go to the contacts section then hit "find" in the browser menu and type my contact.

A bunch of crappy workarounds, hopefully something native comes up quick
    04-19-13 09:51 AM
    If anyone is interested there is a native sip app than can act as a GV gateway. You can have it set up in 10 mins. I have it up and running on my Z10 right now and it sounds pretty good over WIFI and LTE

1. log on to https://simonics.com/gvgw/ and enter in your GV credentials, it will then generate you a user and pw on their servers like this:
      Adding... Do not stop or reload.

Added account. Checking GV login...
      GV logged in successfully!
      Registration password is L4g0o3sJ7zTv
      Connection information: (Copy or print this information; this is the only time you will get it!)

Server: gvgw5.simonics.com
      Username: GV15551234567
      Secret: L4g0o3sJ7zTv
      Registration string (Asterisk format): register => GV15551234567:[email protected]/15551234567
      Dialing format: E.164 without + (for US calls, 11 digits starting with 1)
      Note: please do not ping/SIP OPTIONS at a high frequency. In Asterisk 1.6+ please use qualifyfreq=240 or higher.
    2. download SIP.fm from Blackberry World onto your Z10 here http://http://appworld.blackberry.co...countrycode=US
    3. enter in the information you got from step 1 log into SIP.fm
      Domain = Server
      User name = Username
      Password = Secret
      Register = ON

that's it, start calling!!
    04-19-13 10:23 AM
    I don't have a solution for the free texting issue, but has anyone else tried the desktop version of gv? That's what I used on my Torch 9850 as well as on my Z10 now. It still doesn't pull contacts from the phone, but if your contacts are synced to google mail, they will also be synced to gv. The desktop version also allows you to choose the number to call from (home, cell, other numbers) and your gv number will show up on the caller ID of the person your calling. hope this helps
    04-19-13 11:16 AM
    I get an error you did not enable calling over cellular how can I enable it?

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 11:32 AM
    I don't have a solution for the free texting issue, but has anyone else tried the desktop version of gv? That's what I used on my Torch 9850 as well as on my Z10 now. It still doesn't pull contacts from the phone, but if your contacts are synced to google mail, they will also be synced to gv. The desktop version also allows you to choose the number to call from (home, cell, other numbers) and your gv number will show up on the caller ID of the person your calling. hope this helps
    Sideload the Android GV app. You can then use you GV account to send free text msgs with access to your contact list! With free calling and free text you just need lots of data on your plan.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    04-20-13 11:08 AM
    I get an error you did not enable calling over cellular how can I enable it?

Posted via CB10
    Pull down from the top amd go into settings.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Google voice users-uploadfromtaptalk1366474135973.jpg  
    04-20-13 11:09 AM
    I'm getting "network request failed" today via the browser but received a call through less than hour ago...anybody else having issues? I just can't call out apparently.
    04-23-13 02:22 PM
    You can also sideload it here.
    04-23-13 02:46 PM
    I'm getting "network request failed" today via the browser but received a call through less than hour ago...anybody else having issues? I just can't call out apparently.
    keep trying, sometimes it has trouble connecting

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    04-25-13 03:03 AM
    So far the best solution is to use the desktop web version of Google voice. And only if you sync your contacts with your gmail account.
    04-28-13 02:50 AM
    I have not had an issue with the converted Android app for GV. I am still able to make and receive calls and texts just fine.
    Attached Thumbnails Google voice users-gv.jpg  
    scwinter likes this.
    04-28-13 03:34 AM
    I have not had an issue with the converted Android app for GV. I am still able to make and receive calls and texts just fine.
    Same here, my only annoyance is the lack of text only email capabilities on the z10(although i don't blame them for not building it in). I always forwarded my texts to email for the push system and on legacy devices I could simply reply to the email to reply to the text, now it kinda sucks because I either have to wait for the 5min sync interval or get the email go to the app refresh and then reply.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-13 12:10 PM
    Same here, my only annoyance is the lack of text only email capabilities on the z10(although i don't blame them for not building it in). I always forwarded my texts to email for the push system and on legacy devices I could simply reply to the email to reply to the text, now it kinda sucks because I either have to wait for the 5min sync interval or get the email go to the app refresh and then reply.

Posted via CB10
    I don't get my GV texts via email. I get them in App. If you have the version that I side loaded, check the settings again. All the messages are in App. I turned the Sync interval off bc there is something that is seriously killing my battery. I can only get 2 hours off a full charge (feeling right now bc that's something I used to tease my Android frnds about, now it's happening to me). So I just have to remember to go in and check it once in a while. But you should be able to get you're text messages right in app just like the day of old with notifications

Look at my attachment again. The first 2 are text messages and the rest are voicemails and 2 calls.
    05-01-13 04:07 AM
    Can you post that app? My version cannot call out and it crashes often esp every time I tap the contacts avatar!

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 10:18 AM
    I don't get my GV texts via email. I get them in App. If you have the version that I side loaded, check the settings again. All the messages are in App. I turned the Sync interval off bc there is something that is seriously killing my battery. I can only get 2 hours off a full charge (feeling right now bc that's something I used to tease my Android frnds about, now it's happening to me). So I just have to remember to go in and check it once in a while. But you should be able to get you're text messages right in app just like the day of old with notifications

Look at my attachment again. The first 2 are text messages and the rest are voicemails and 2 calls.
    What version are you running?? I have no issues and battery life and I have 5min sync interval. I don't leave the active frame open though

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 12:03 PM
    What version are you running?? I have no issues and battery life and I have 5min sync interval. I don't leave the active frame open though

Posted via CB10
    I don't know if it's the GV app that's causing my annoying battery drain or any of the other side loaded apps. I'm suspicious of the Skype app though. I just resolved to getting the battery pack for $47.00. I'm going to reset to factory and then download a few apps at a time to see which app is causing the battery drain. I made adjustments to syncing intervals for my emails, screen brightness and everything else and have not seen an improvement.
    ddll likes this.
    05-04-13 02:23 AM
    Can you post that app? My version cannot call out and it crashes often esp every time I tap the contacts avatar!

Posted via CB10
    Here you go.

Google Voice for Playbook and BB10 - Blackberry Playbook and BB10 Android Apps :: Android APP Store – Blackberry Playbook & Z10 and Q10 Apps

Let me know if this works? If this doesn't I will find a way to get you the actual .bar file I used when I get home.
    05-04-13 02:27 AM
27 12