For those interested here's the bar file.

1. Download DDPB installer (link can be found somewhere in crackberry)
    2. Put your device on developer mode from Settings > Security
    3. Connect Z10 to your computer and start DDPB installer, wait until BB is fully recognized by computer
    4. Press detect device and type your pass and press connect
    5. Add your app to DDPB installer and press install

Here's google maps + navigation.
    https://www.box.com/s/jutbyot35zkt8xw21ok0
    lwaysluking and vj8203 like this.
    01-31-13 03:59 PM
    which version is this?

i've noticed the newer google maps nav has a better sounding, non-robotic voice now!!! I was complaining about that for the longest time!
    01-31-13 04:00 PM
    Wow I see the pirates are already at it!
    01-31-13 04:03 PM
    LOL. There was a time hacking was the purview of the crazy Android geeks. Times have changed!
    01-31-13 04:05 PM
    maps crisis averted ....LOL
    01-31-13 04:06 PM
    Wow I see the pirates are already at it!
    LMFAO! well played sir well played!
    01-31-13 04:08 PM
    One question:

Can Googlemaps keep the screen lit in BB10? Android apps couldn't do that on the PB OS, and that was a huge problem for using sideloaded navigation apps. So is the app just 'working' or is it actually properly usable as navigation?
    01-31-13 04:28 PM
    Another question: how is it invoked? Click on an address, then it comes up?
    01-31-13 04:30 PM
    It's usable as navigation. I'm not sure I'm going to use it as a navigation since BB maps is working perfect for navigation. But for other maps features I may use Google maps. I just loaded it to have an alternative. You can also use Osmand (can be downloaded from AppWorld) and it offers offline navigation.

Just for the record: All major Weather apps are working perfect and they're all native.

One question:

Can Googlemaps keep the screen lit in BB10? Android apps couldn't do that on the PB OS, and that was a huge problem for using sideloaded navigation apps. So is the app just 'working' or is it actually properly usable as navigation?
    01-31-13 04:54 PM
    Another question: how is it invoked? Click on an address, then it comes up?
    I didn't quite understand you. I launched it from Home screen. There's an option on the corner where you can choose between Map, Local, Navigation, My Places.
    01-31-13 04:56 PM
    suprised it took so long to install with all the complaining. Remember sideloads helped playbook too....

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    01-31-13 05:04 PM
    I didn't quite understand you. I launched it from Home screen. There's an option on the corner where you can choose between Map, Local, Navigation, My Places.
    A typical way I use my mapping programs is to Google Now (voice) a location, and then click on the address, which automatically pulls up my installed navigation programs (GNav, TeleNav Scout, TomTom) and I the program is invoked and starts navigating. So, can I use sideloaded Google Maps this way (automatically pulled up from browser)?

Thanks...
    01-31-13 05:09 PM
    It's usable as navigation. I'm not sure I'm going to use it as a navigation since BB maps is working perfect for navigation. But for other maps features I may use Google maps. I just loaded it to have an alternative. You can also use Osmand (can be downloaded from AppWorld) and it offers offline navigation.

Just for the record: All major Weather apps are working perfect and they're all native.
    So to be clear; it WILL keep the screen lit while navigating ?
    01-31-13 05:15 PM
    Does it also work on a Mac?
    01-31-13 05:18 PM
    You can use Chrome's playbook app manager on a Mac... search for "playback" in Chrome's appstore
    01-31-13 06:39 PM
    So to be clear; it WILL keep the screen lit while navigating ?
    Yes, BlackBerry maps keeps the screen lit while navigating.
    01-31-13 06:51 PM
    Yes, BlackBerry maps keeps the screen lit while navigating.
    No, I meant will google maps keep the screen lit.

That's the big deal. If it can't keep the screen lit, it doesn't matter that Google Nav is sideloadable, because I can't actually use it as a car GPS. Its the same reason that I couldn't run TelMap off my playbook on a recent exceptionally long journey; because the android player in the PB can't override the screen time out. The app sideloaded great, it even worked perfectly via bridge. Then it turned the screen off every five minutes, and lost GPS lock every time it did.

So, hopefully for the last time: Will sideloaded Google Maps keep the screen lit while navigating or not ?
    sydsam likes this.
    01-31-13 07:29 PM
    Curious to see the answer to this. Yet another potential solution to all the people griping that they can't do without Google Maps.

Aside: I don't think most people have any clue about the kind of resources necessary to develop an app like Google Maps. How many other organizations have a fleet of hundreds or thousands of cars driving all over the world taking pictures of every public street? Google is now even apparently talking about deploying a frigging "flying drone fleet" to take airborne pics with greater detail than the satellite pics..
    02-01-13 03:19 AM
    Any chance someone could upload a video of how smooth out works? This app is basically why I left and I saw one video that showed a ported app that was really slow.
    02-01-13 03:25 AM
    this was done on the dev alpha

Tre Lawrence and austriker like this.
    02-01-13 10:25 AM
    this was done on the dev alpha

Thanks!

Not bad at all.

Does it work well with the system (my original question): can it be automatically invoked from, say, address book or browser search?
    02-01-13 10:33 AM
    no clue just knew there was a video for it

will let you know on Wednesday ill be too busy messing around to post after I get it on Tuesday
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    02-01-13 10:35 AM
    03-05-13 05:45 PM
    Yeah it works kinda on playbook and z10, but turn by turn navigation always loses his signal this has been reported many times.

So u can open navigation set a destination, it tells you turn right or left and whatever, then two min later gps signal lost, np's close app restart it navigates again for two min or so and gps signal lost, ok the map us still there and u can manually look at it and drive and look at it and drive.

Just saying turn by turn not work 100% or heck may as well say not at all.

I am wondering if it's cause of sided loading an android app that of course Google not support BlackBerry in North America so signal gets lost.

Again thus is on playbook and z10 using latest Google maps program.

Posted via CB10, BB10, Z10
    Last edited by xamdam; 03-06-13 at 09:47 PM.
    03-05-13 10:08 PM
    Can someone please provide the link to latest version?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    03-06-13 06:38 PM
30 12