So what is going on with Google maps? Are we ever going to get it? I'm yet to test out the native map on the z10. How good is it?

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 06:28 AM
    It is ok but Google is the best.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 06:33 AM
    I actually prefer Wisepilot to Google but you do have to pay for it.
    03-24-13 07:11 AM
    Forget it .... take a look at
    Mireo Don't Panic
    BlackBerry World - Mireo DON'T PANIC Try and Buy

Fantastic product with maps that download to the device so no losing routing when signal it lost.
    03-24-13 07:14 AM
    Hey guys, i was just wondering this. Google maps loads pretty well on the pc browser, it even has the 3D view and the how to get there option. Since the BB10 browser loads flash and html 5, can we load the maps app from the google page like we do on the pc's browser ???
    03-24-13 08:09 AM
    Hey guys, i was just wondering this. Google maps loads pretty well on the pc browser, it even has the 3D view and the how to get there option. Since the BB10 browser loads flash and html 5, can we load the maps app from the google page like we do on the pc's browser ???
    Try https://maps.google.com/

It works on z10 browser.

Posted via CB10
    nomi1978 likes this.
    03-24-13 08:23 AM
    Or u can side load an android version

Posted via CB10
    TerribleTim68 likes this.
    03-24-13 08:26 AM
    Mireo Don't Panic
    Fantastic product with maps that download to the device .
    downloaded last week .. purchased yesterday (20$ for North America map) .. does the job OFFLINE and fast turn-by-turn instructions .. deviated from route on purpose and within 2-seconds had a new route mapped out ..
    slparry likes this.
    03-24-13 08:30 AM
    It all depends what you want it for. If it's turn by turn, I like BlackBerry Maps. Though it doesn't have all points of interest. If you have to have Google turn by turn then side load Google Maps.

If you just want basic directions, then use maps.google.com . It works extremely well in the browser.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 08:32 AM
    It all depends what you want it for. If it's turn by turn, I like BlackBerry Maps. Though it doesn't have all points of interest. If you have to have Google turn by turn then side load Google Maps.

If you just want basic directions, then use maps.google.com . It works extremely well in the browser.

Posted via CB10
    I always seem to forget I can use the website when a cell phone comes into play lol. Will definitely bookmark the link.

Thanks guys.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 01:58 PM
    I sideloaded it and it works the exact same way as my Galaxy. The problem with on both devices is ... it loses the GPS signal way too much for me.
    03-24-13 03:24 PM
    [...]Though it doesn't have all points of interest.[...]
    Posted via CB10
    But it does have "points of interest". It's just not labeled so. If you want gas stations just type in (or voice command) "gas" and you'll see he category come up. If you want restaurants ... etc
    03-24-13 03:31 PM
    I sideloaded it and it works the exact same way as my Galaxy. The problem with on both devices is ... it loses the GPS signal way too much for me.
    Can you please help me how to sideload it????

I wish i don't have to sideload it... grrrr

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 03:32 PM
    Can you please help me how to sideload it????

I wish i don't have to sideload it... grrrr

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 03:48 PM
    Mireo Don't Panic

Fantastic product with maps that download to the device so no losing routing when signal it lost.
    This, it really is a good product for what it is...
    03-24-13 04:07 PM
    I finally used the BlackBerry map last week and it's the only map I will use from now on. It is so much better than I thought it would be.

If you've yet to try it based on what everyone else was saying, like me, try it. I think you'll be surprised.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 04:09 PM
    I finally used the BlackBerry map last week and it's the only map I will use from now on. It is so much better than I thought it would be.

If you've yet to try it based on what everyone else was saying, like me, try it. I think you'll be surprised.

Posted via CB10
    I will definitely give it a shot now you mention it. For whatever reason I have been hesitant.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 12:11 AM

Posted via CB10
    Yes.. it is a great app for map. I wanted the google map because it gives me the bus schedule. I take the bus mostly.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 05:38 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...to-z10-769332/

Check for a newer bar file...not sure if that one is the newest anymore
    03-25-13 06:11 AM
    A great alternative and I find BETTER than Google Maps is Waze. I used it for the first time this weekend and WOW, it is a great app....
    jesse_h likes this.
    03-25-13 06:15 AM
    Get Magellan for Z10 as it uses Google Maps and Map Quest Maps and MORE.

Turn By Turn Voice Navigation, u can buy more voices too if you want a different voice.

Its only cost 4.99, and I tell I was skeptical about it, but reviews were awesome and I just bought it (yesterday night)

This is the BEST NAV APP for Blackberry Period, I want it on my PB, but there is an issue I posted about it already.

If ylou buy it for Z10 first, u can't buy it for PB, look for my thread I made yesterday.
    heading4tomorrow likes this.
    03-25-13 06:18 AM
    I found same. Never did that on 9900. I figured it was because of side load. Does that on Android devices too? Seems pretty fundamental.
    03-25-13 06:20 AM
    A great alternative and I find BETTER than Google Maps is Waze. I used it for the first time this weekend and WOW, it is a great app....
    I was going to say the same thing. Waze is great for navigation. It found the most obscure point of interest for me that other gps apps weren't able to in the past.

Posted via CB10 from my Zed
    03-25-13 06:40 AM
    Thanks for this... i will take a look at this in my day off..

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 08:10 PM
    Anyway, i have a question regarding sideloaded apps.. do they give you a notification regarding updates of a new versiob of the app i.e. google maps etc.....

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 08:31 PM
31 12