Well my poor little Z10 had to be returned to blackberry today for repair. 2 - 6 week estimated repair time.
    The ear piece speaker had blown and was making a cracking and very distorted sound at any call volume during every call.

Back to my torch for the time being.
    05-05-13 04:54 PM
    I guess I'm confused by these types of warranty repairs. Two to six weeks? Really? I would be livid. What's wrong with today?

Posted via CB10
    hindsketchup238 likes this.
    05-05-13 05:05 PM
    I agree, I dont see how it can take 2 - 6 weeks to repair a speaker.
    Then i was told if its not repairable I will be sent a new device.

Its a speaker, come on people, must be like 5 mins to replace in the correct hands
    05-05-13 05:06 PM
    It's A free repair. What do you expect?
    It has to ship there, be processed, diagnosed, repaired, tested, processed out, shipped back.
    Each of these is done by a different person, each with other things to do.
    If you want it done 'in five minutes', take it to a repair shop and pay.
    05-05-13 05:28 PM
    The playbook ship, fix, return process was amazing, 5 to 7 work days. Maybe repairs have been outsourced, hopefully you'll get it back quickly.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 05:30 PM
    That sucks! What are you using in the mean time?
    05-05-13 05:30 PM
    It is in these types of situations where Apple shines. 2-6, weeks is ridiculous! I would be pissed.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 05:33 PM
    I agree with 2-3 weeks repair time being unacceptable in 2013. Apple does have a huge edge here and I can take my defective device to a Apple Store and if they determine the unit is defective, I get a new one right there on the spot. No waiting 2-3 weeks until they fix it.
    kevinnugent and niss63 like this.
    05-05-13 06:53 PM
    It's A free repair. What do you expect?
    It has to ship there, be processed, diagnosed, repaired, tested, processed out, shipped back.
    Each of these is done by a different person, each with other things to do.
    If you want it done 'in five minutes', take it to a repair shop and pay.
    I expect good customer service. I run a business - I don't have time for a phone manufacturer to jack around with some kind of process that takes weeks to repair a phone. I'm not unreasonable - Give me a refurbished unit and let's move on - but don't waste my resources.
    05-05-13 11:12 PM
    I agree with 2-3 weeks repair time being unacceptable in 2013. Apple does have a huge edge here and I can take my defective device to a Apple Store and if they determine the unit is defective, I get a new one right there on the spot. No waiting 2-3 weeks until they fix it.
    I have employees with all types and brands of phones, and we've had a few defects over the years. I've never had to wait two weeks on a phone to be repaired or replaced - ever. If I did, that would be the last phone of that brand I would EVER buy. Apple, BlackBerry, Samsung, HTC, Nokia, have all treated me well, over the years, but should they pull some crap like waiting weeks, it'd be over.
    05-05-13 11:17 PM
    I have employees with all types and brands of phones, and we've had a few defects over the years. I've never had to wait two weeks on a phone to be repaired or replaced - ever. If I did, that would be the last phone of that brand I would EVER buy. Apple, BlackBerry, Samsung, HTC, Nokia, have all treated me well, over the years, but should they pull some crap like waiting weeks, it'd be over.
    Well, don't break your Blackberry then.
    05-06-13 12:46 AM
    I exchanged mine for lag issues through ATT...they sent me a new one and I sent the defective one back in a return box. Guy overnighted the new one free too. Had to send the other back within 10 days. Can you not run this type of problem through a carrier?

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 01:13 AM
    Well, don't break your Blackberry then.
    Too late. Had to replace the 9780 once and the 9900 twice. The 9780 took two days to ship me a new phone. The 9900 had two different problems: Once due to a non-responsive scroll button and once due to a broken screen. The scroll button took 45 minutes at the AT&T repair center (not the selling store - the phone was about two months old) and the broken screen issue took two days to ship me a new phone.

I can live with that - it takes two days to get a genius appointment.
    05-06-13 05:31 PM
    They should lend you a Z10 to use while you're waiting for your Z10 to be fixed

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 05:33 PM
    Well my poor little Z10 had to be returned to blackberry today for repair. 2 - 6 week estimated repair time.
    The ear piece speaker had blown and was making a cracking and very distorted sound at any call volume during every call.

Back to my torch for the time being.
    I had the same issue, ear piece speaker was blown, i sent mine away through my carrier it was gone just under 12 days, came back fixed under warranty and all is well now keep your chin up my friend

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 06:27 PM
    Such horror.

Posted via Crackberry Z10
    05-06-13 06:31 PM