Totally ridiculous situation - now having to revert back to my old 9800 following the update to 10.0.10.90 which has broken my z10's ability to reply and forward emails to my auth.smtp accounts. Blackberry acknowledge the problem with:

We are aware of this issue, this KB article was created about the issue: KB33736-"Protocol layer was unable to send a message" when replying to an email sent to a 1&1 email integration
    Currently there is no resolution or workaround.

An upgrade to improve my phone has in fact made it useless! As a long time user of Blackberry devices I am now very unhappy with Blackberry - this had better get fixed quickly before the phone hits the US market or serious damage to the brand will incur!
    03-20-13 10:18 AM
    Have you tried removing and replacing the account

Posted via CB10
    03-20-13 10:23 AM
    Tried deleting all accounts and re-installing, tried different port settings, tried switching between pop and imap.. Support forums are full of people having the same problem with no solution in sight.
    03-20-13 10:48 AM
    It says 1&1 email, is it work email?

Posted via CB10
    03-20-13 10:57 AM
    Is this a carrier assigned /pushed update?

Posted via CB10
    03-20-13 11:01 AM
    Well, a work around would simply be getting an email somewhere else (ie gmail) and having your 1and1 account emails automatically forwarded / redirected there. Then you setup your new email to have the reply to field populated with your correct email so that when the issue is resolved, you dont have to worry about people sending / replying to the wrong email.

This is problematic for me as well, I get my z10 next week. Time to build my own email server?
    Last edited by RoboticGolem; 03-20-13 at 11:07 AM. Reason: i r spell gud
    03-20-13 11:06 AM
    Reason I said I mentioned 1&1 domain because in my previous job, our company had domain and hosting solutions from 1&1 and we had problems with our emails using outlook; emails not going, delayed emails (outgoing and incoming) and sometimes the whole account getting deleted and yeah when syncing with my old BlackBerry didn't work properly and all the time had to use webmail to check emails when out and about. I also synced using Gmail to send and receive which seemed to work (you can try setting Gmail to receive and send 1&1 emails but expect delays).

Posted via CB10
    03-20-13 11:14 AM
    Well, a work around would simply be getting an email somewhere else (ie gmail) and having your 1and1 account emails automatically forwarded / redirected there. Then you setup your new email to have the reply to field populated with your correct email so that when the issue is resolved, you dont have to worry about people sending / replying to the wrong email.

This is problematic for me as well, I get my z10 next week. Time to build my own email server?
    While trust that this would work, very few will want to be to the trouble.

I'm sure BlackBerry will resolve it quickly. Sometimes you have to be patient, but that can certainly be hard and often frustrating. Having said that, being an early adopter often includes growing pains.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-13 11:18 AM
    My understanding is the problem affects any server using auth.smtp accounts and is not 1&1 specific.
    03-20-13 11:25 AM
    How about your other emails like Gmail, if you have any? Do they work or no?

Posted via CB10
    03-20-13 11:37 AM
    Wow... an update that caused the BB Z10 to fail it's primary function: Communication. Kinda surprised that BB overlooked this. I believe they are working hard on it to solve the problem before more people are affected. Now I know why my company opted for Office365...
    03-20-13 11:42 AM
    I'm having the same issue, and it's a pain in the ***. Thankfully I have my 1&1 account going to my gmail, so I just use Gmail from the browser to reply. They've recently upgraded the mobile version of gmail and it's very nice.

Posted via CB10 from my Zed
    03-20-13 11:54 AM
    How about your other emails like Gmail, if you have any? Do they work or no?

Gmail and Outlook emails work ok - secured smtp accounts do not. I'm sure they'll fix it in the end...ironic how it was working before the update then not after... just hope it doesn't do too much damage to blackberry's rep before they solve it.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-13 11:57 AM
    Same with mine after the last update, sadly I had to go back to using my S3 until they fix the error as I need my emails.

Sent from my super secret shoe device using Tapatalk HD
    03-20-13 12:14 PM
    I have the same problem with two email accounts. I've download the K9 email client as a short term fix.
    03-20-13 12:39 PM
    I always forward everything to Gmail its just handles email better in general

Posted on CB10 via Z10
    03-20-13 12:41 PM
    are received
    3. No
    03-20-13 02:03 PM
    This issue startec for me this morning.

I was able to respond to one email and then two minutes later on another response to another email I got blocked.

Nathan
    03-21-13 08:21 AM
    Hi, im in Malaysia, just got my Blackberry z10 and facing this same problem.
    Im using a POP account thru hosting provider, had tried both smtp 587 and 25, no go. Cant send, only can receive.
    My z10 version is 10.0.10.82
    I checked to see if its the latest Software Update I could get on my phone, and it is.
    Probably Asia Pacific has a different release plan to the rest of the world.
    Anyway even with 10.82, am having this same issue.
    05-03-13 05:47 AM
    I would have thought this issue would be Highest Priority on their bug list, since email is so Essential.
    It is now the 5th May, and I see there's still no Fix from blackberry yet! ????? Was gonna buy blackberry shares, thinking twice now.
    05-03-13 05:50 AM