I've been having a recurring problem when trying to connect to my gmail account on the Z10. I go through the set up, and I've tried both advanced set up for GMail and Microsoft Exchange, and connect my account with no issues however after 2 days it stops syncing. When I go into my account information I get the error "Cannot connect to server on account (imap.google.com - Port: 993) - server may be temporarily unavailable. Please check you account settings."

This happens every two days for the last two weeks no matter what method I use to add the account. I've gone through my Gmail setting and enabled IMAP and POP however I don't think that's my issue because while I'm connected to the server it works great, it's just after two days it stops connecting and I have to delete the account and add it again through the set up.

Is there something I'm missing, or has anyone else had this issue?
    05-10-13 12:19 PM
    I've been having a recurring problem when trying to connect to my gmail account on the Z10. I go through the set up, and I've tried both advanced set up for GMail and Microsoft Exchange, and connect my account with no issues however after 2 days it stops syncing. When I go into my account information I get the error "Cannot connect to server on account (imap.google.com - Port: 993) - server may be temporarily unavailable. Please check you account settings."

This happens every two days for the last two weeks no matter what method I use to add the account. I've gone through my Gmail setting and enabled IMAP and POP however I don't think that's my issue because while I'm connected to the server it works great, it's just after two days it stops connecting and I have to delete the account and add it again through the set up.

Is there something I'm missing, or has anyone else had this issue?
    Is this with the released OS 10.0 or a leak? If anything for me, email is the only thing that works without issue on my gmail account. Most of my prob has been with contacts. Do you also sync your gmail with any other devices out of curiousity like your PB?

My settings on z10 are the default I believe....
    imap.gmail.com
    993 for port
    SSL encrypt
    smtp.gmail.com
    465 port
    SSL encrypt
    Use push if....ON
    sync inter 30 mins

Server side settings for Gmail under Settings---Forwarding and POP/IMAP
    IMAP enabled
    ON ---Auto-Expunge off - Wait for the client to update the server
    ON---Do not limit the number of messages in an IMAP folder (default)

Sorry, that's about it for settings that I can see.
    05-10-13 02:14 PM
    I have the same issue.

Google blames BlackBerry who in turn blame Google.

I've simply opted not to check my Gmail account with the Z10

Via my Z10 beta 10.2.0.1594
    05-10-13 03:42 PM