http://m.crackberry.com/how-sync-mul...berry-playbook

Check there, they mentioned the browser add on on that folder

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-13-13 03:33 PM
    How to sync multiple Gmail calendars on your BlackBerry PlayBook | CrackBerry.com

Check there, they mentioned the browser add on on that folder

So "user agent switcher" I'll have to check that out.
    02-13-13 03:42 PM
    Ok, so you can't setup ActiveSync to sync up your calendar and contacts? Now the account that has your calendar & contacts that is the account you want to send with right?

You are going to have one contact list and one calendar with ActiveSync.
    And my god, who the **** setup your BB(and email) in the first place? Sorry, that just looks trouble to me and look what happened.
    02-13-13 03:51 PM
    Ya I did. I also set the work e-mail as the e-mail address during the ActiveSync account setup on the BB10. My other address is only used for the username. That's what's really throwing me for a loop... because that should definitely just work.
    02-13-13 04:25 PM
    Ya this is basically the problem I'm having, although I also want the e-mail address to show up differently as well. But it seems to be that EAS on BB10 is not supporting the Send From option properly - I REALLY hope they fix this and make all of our lives a lot easier.
    02-13-13 04:27 PM
    Maybe I missed something, Curtis, but it sounded like you got things working. I have a similar setup with a Gmail account, but when I log into the mobile sync page spoofing iOS, it just gives me a link on how to set up sync for my iPhone. I tried with my personal Gmail account and I do get the configuration options -- although it mentions a few instances of PlayBook as well as an entry for a smartphone (my 9790, I assume). Did your device show up as a Z10 or some other name? I just used the "Gmail" configuration rather than ActiveSync -- could that be it?

I also just tried to set it up using ActiveSync, but I guess I hadn't done that before Google cut it off for regular accounts, so that doesn't work.
    02-13-13 09:37 PM
    My device showed up as "BlackBerry", and I did it for both an EAS account and a regular Gmail account - it was there for both of them. Ultimately I've managed to get some things working but not others.

My current setup is this:

Using the advanced button in Accounts I setup my [email protected] Google Apps e-mail account using Gmail (for mail), CalDAV (for calendar) and CardDAV (for contacts). I set the username as [email protected] and the e-mail as [email protected], setup Gmail to Send From my [email protected] and then followed the directions above using the iOS user agent in Chrome to enable that for mobile devices.

It correctly sends from my [email protected] address, my contacts sync properly, and I am able to view my calendar (which syncs with Google using their now discontinued utility, but fortunately I already had it installed). However, there are 3 major flaws:

1. I cannot add/edit/delete anything on that calendar.
    2. If I open a calendar invite in my email, it adds it to my Home Calendar and thus appears twice. I can hide my Home Calendar in my calendar app, but not in the Hub.
    3. When I'm the cell network I do not have PUSH (I just realized this last night). PUSH only seems to work on Wi-Fi. I have since discovered in the forums that this is a common complaint and a very serious problem, as most people cannot use EAS due to Google's dropping support for it.

My ideal was to get EAS working with my [email protected] Gmail address (since I have a grandfathered free Google Apps account) by respecting the Send From setting for my [email protected] address. However, as someone pointed out, I've discovered that you cannot invite participates to a calendar that uses EAS, so ultimately that eliminates one of the big reasons I was hoping to get it working. Being able to add something to my calendar while on the run and invite others to it is very important.

So right now I am at a loss. I suppose I will have to deal with a somewhat crippled communications systems until BlackBerry/Google/The Computers Gods fix the various bugs. I realize I'm a bit of a specific case since my e-mail setup is somewhat convoluted in order to achieve a very specific goal... however I personally know dozens of people doing exactly what I am doing who will now unfortunately be waiting until it's fixed before giving up their BB7 devices.

Curtis

P.S. Off-topic, but if anyone wants to dramatically increase the longevity of their battery life set your phone to normal 3G mode when you're not on Wi-Fi and your LTE signal isn't that great. My Z10 is now on par with my Torch for battery life, and easily makes a whole day with regular use.
    ForzaStevo likes this.
    02-14-13 04:08 PM
    Thanks. I'll have to try again later to get the "send from" thing working. I have the same problem with calendars on both Gmail accounts I have configured. The personal one is Google Apps, the one I want set to "send from" another address is a regular Gmail account.

02-14-13 11:51 PM
    I appreciate the work around ... I had done what you had initially done, only to find out that I wasn't actually sending from my alias address. A colleague of mine pointed out that I had a "different e-mail address".

This workaround would not have been something that I would have figured out on my own. Thanks.
    02-22-13 11:54 AM
34 12