Before you say search the forum, I have.

Paid Google Apps Account.
    Setup as ActiveSync.
    Sync all folders but SPAM.

All Mail folder cannot be synced, it's grayed out. Effectively it means if I archive emails on my work PC I can no longer pull them up on my Z10.

Any ideas how to sync the All Mail so I can find Archived emails?

Edit: attached photo

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 148240
    04-06-13 06:27 AM
    So I gather this is normal then? If you archieve something to All Mail you can no longer retrieve it to your Z10?

Does no one else find this ridiculous on a 'smart'phone?

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 04:31 PM
    Log in to mail.google.com in settings under labels make sure the show in IMAP box is checked for All Mail.
    04-06-13 05:35 PM
    Double checked and All Mail is selected as Show in IMAP.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 07:55 PM
    Rick,

I have had so much trouble with gmail on my Z10, I finally just migrated everything over to outlook.com (hotmail), and it has resolved every single issue PERIOD!

gmail is just not working properly in lots of different aspects, from contact syncing, duplicate contacts, emails not syncing, email mysterious being deleted, I just couldn't deal with it anymore!

Not very many answers out there for everyone, to where I could resolve the constant problems, so I just switched!

outlook.com (hotmail) has so far worked perfectly!

Matt
    04-06-13 08:19 PM
    Rick,

I have had so much trouble with gmail on my Z10, I finally just migrated everything over to outlook.com (hotmail), and it has resolved every single issue PERIOD!

gmail is just not working properly in lots of different aspects, from contact syncing, duplicate contacts, emails not syncing, email mysterious being deleted, I just couldn't deal with it anymore!

Not very many answers out there for everyone, to where I could resolve the constant problems, so I just switched!

Matt
    Good post. It is not a phone issue, it is a Google problem. Remember folks that ActiveSync is not from Google and works best with email providers that implement ActiveSync fully.

Posted Via CB10 on my Zed10
    04-06-13 08:45 PM
    The issue I am having with my Gmail and Z10 is that if I read an email and delete, its not happening on gmail.com. If I go to my inbox on gmail.com the mail isnt there but it is in All Mail and it is marked as unread. Does anyone know how to fix that? so if I read it on my phone its marked as read and if I delete it it goes to trash and not to all mail?
    04-08-13 08:12 AM
    The issue I am having with my Gmail and Z10 is that if I read an email and delete, its not happening on gmail.com. If I go to my inbox on gmail.com the mail isnt there but it is in All Mail and it is marked as unread. Does anyone know how to fix that? so if I read it on my phone its marked as read and if I delete it it goes to trash and not to all mail?
    This is still a (google) problem for me as well... I have set my settings based on the attached and it still does not properly delete emails from the Z10 - i.e. still marked unread in the "All Mail" folder. This doesn't happen with my Yahoo! email account that is also connected via IMAP.

Guess, we just have to be patient until it's resolved. For now, I'm doing weekly "Go to All Mail, Select Unread, Delete" iterations to keep my "All Mail" folder clean.

Gmail, ActiveSync, All Mail-gmail-imap-settings.jpg
    04-08-13 01:19 PM
    Rick,

Matt
    Yes I had the same issues, as I have said in other threads Google is just to complicated and flaky, constantly changing and moving, and virtually impossible to decipher all the settings and how they affect the service.

I did the same and switched to Outlook, remember to export your Gmail contacts via CSV, do not link them with the service outlook provides

From the Zed of Rockivy
    04-08-13 01:29 PM
    This IS a BlackBerry issue, simply because millions of people use Gmail.

Played with a Windows Phone 8 device and it handled it much better. All Mail, Unread, Folders, it all worked. iOS and Android have specific Gmail apps.

If BlackBerry want to remain relevant to the millions of Gmail users they will make it work. All other platforms I have tried work.

Posted via CB10
    Arock10 likes this.
    04-09-13 07:38 AM
    Maybe it's a cunning trick by Google to nudge you towards Android? I was unimpressed by Gmail on BlackBerry as well, hardly use it anymore. Office 365 with exchange now. It costs me money, of course, but it works like a m*****f*****...

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 07:50 AM
    Maybe it's a cunning trick by Google to nudge you towards Android? I was unimpressed by Gmail on BlackBerry as well, hardly use it anymore. Office 365 with exchange now. It costs me money, of course, but it works like a m*****f*****...

Posted via CB10
    My work uses Google Apps, why change because BlackBerry can't get it right? MS has made it work!?

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 07:57 AM
    Unfortunately, sometime you have to go where it works right!

It's quite obvious that MS has made it work, and work pretty darn good on the new blackberry Z10, while google has not made an attempt to straighten out the deficiency in google working properly on the new blackberry Z10.

Doesn't take a rocket-scientist to figure out to move to what works best

Matt
    04-09-13 08:07 AM

It's quite obvious that MS has made it work, and work pretty darn good on the new blackberry Z10, while google has not made an attempt to straighten out the deficiency in google working properly on the new blackberry Z10.

Matt
    I was saying that Microsoft has made Gmail work on Win Phone 8. Why can't BlackBerry on Bb10!?!

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 02:37 PM
    I was saying that Microsoft has made Gmail work on Win Phone 8. Why can't BlackBerry on Bb10!?!

Posted via CB10
    Because it's not Microsoft making it work. It's Google making sure it works on the Microsoft. BlackBerry is currently working out the issues Google has with the new OS
    04-09-13 08:49 PM
    Because it's not Microsoft making it work. It's Google making sure it works on the Microsoft. BlackBerry is currently working out the issues Google has with the new OS
    I don't know why people keep posting we should accept these issues because it's a new Os.

The mail client / os has been on the PlayBook for years, and still these same issues with its mail client exist.

It's a worry, I hope given the larger user base of the phones vs the PlayBook will give BlackBerry the motivation to fix these issues.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 09:00 PM

Matt
    exactly right. Z10 supports ActiveSync and Google said they did too, but that all changing - http://thenextweb.com/microsoft/2013...-sync-support/

Blame Google NOT BlackBerry. They are forcing you to Android with some proprietary mail sync protocol. In the past, when Microsoft did something like this, the DOJ came down on them hard.

mikewpg1ca likes this.
    04-12-13 07:10 PM
    Well, sorry folks, but I can't agree the BB/ Google issue is a Google problem as all other phone manufacturers have resolved their issues - so if RIM want to keep the millions of google users on BB then they had better resolve it soon.

This has been going on since the withdrawal (discontinuation?) of Googlesync support and I, for one, cannot be bothered to faff around with someone else's problem when a new "smart" phone just ain't smart.

iPhone (or maybe Nexus / Google) here I come.

Z10 / Q10 just don't seem worth the hassle.

Shame.
    04-13-13 07:49 AM
    I find these people saying Google is innocent just way to funny. Let's put this in to perspective folks. Google has to play nice with the other company's Os, they have more then just phones, they run computers. If Google messed with them, Google would not have the same audience or attraction. Then comes bb, a mobile phone company and direct competition to your mobile phone, why play nice. BlackBerry doesn't have a pc/mac type division that helps Google exist in this world. So they aren't playing nice and other competitors are. Stop blaming blackberry for other products sacking. It isn't the responsibility of the blackberry to do other people's or companies jobs. If the product is sub par on this phone, move on. Forward your Gmail to another option but stop expecting a company to fix other companies issues, especially if they are in direct competition with each other.

Posted via CB10
    John Pawling likes this.
    04-13-13 08:20 AM
    This IS a BlackBerry issue, simply because millions of people use Gmail.

Played with a Windows Phone 8 device and it handled it much better. All Mail, Unread, Folders, it all worked. iOS and Android have specific Gmail apps.

If BlackBerry want to remain relevant to the millions of Gmail users they will make it work. All other platforms I have tried work.

Posted via CB10
    I am sure we'll get a patch from BlackBerry to fix the problem (if people report it to them).

04-13-13 09:11 AM
    I just checked my Gmail IMAP mail deletions and they are working fine. I'm on 10.0.10.85 of the OS.
    I wonder if it could be country specific (i.e. Gmail server specific). If it is then I don't think it is a Z10 issue.

cwong15 likes this.
    04-13-13 09:46 AM
    Mine works perfectly. Im sure this helps.
    04-13-13 10:25 AM
    I find these people saying Google is innocent just way to funny........ If the product is sub par on this phone, move on.
    Posted via CB10
    "iPhone (or maybe Nexus / Google) here I come".

It's good to read.....
    04-14-13 08:12 AM
    M9 email client from App World sees all folders Inc All Mail.

BlackBerry has failed to provide basic features this Android Port does easily.

In summary, a BlackBerry issue not a Google or Gmail issue.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 10:48 PM
    M9 email client from App World sees all folders Inc All Mail.

BlackBerry has failed to provide basic features this Android Port does easily.

In summary, a BlackBerry issue not a Google or Gmail issue.

Posted via CB10
    Well I did a test with yahoo and the Z10's IMAP Client. I created a new folder in my yahoo mail server from my PC, moved a message into it, and both appeared when I viewed my mail folders on my Z10. I have OS version 10.0.10.85 on Rogers. See folder "Test Add" below

Gmail, ActiveSync, All Mail-img_00000125.png

04-16-13 09:55 AM
39 12