It seems that my folders do sync to my Z10, but only if they are not over 30 days old. I am not on activesync ( at least I don't think I am) just IMAP

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 10:43 AM
    It seems that my folders do sync to my Z10, but only if they are not over 30 days old. I am not on activesync ( at least I don't think I am) just IMAP

Posted via CB10
    That could be true. I'll have to wait and see in a few weeks.

Did everyone see this option?

Gmail, ActiveSync, All Mail-img_00000127.png

Posted Via CB10 on my Zed10
    04-16-13 02:04 PM
    That could be true. I'll have to wait and see in a few weeks.

Did everyone see this option?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000127.png 
Views:	1021 
Size:	60.1 KB 
ID:	151783

How did you access that menu?

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 06:57 PM
    Long press on folder you wish to apply option to.

Posted via CB10 / Verizon Z10
    04-16-13 09:53 PM
    It has long been known by many people that have had to deal with Gmail programmatically that their IMAP implementation is buggy and non-standard. Just do a search for Gmail and IMAP and you will find several. The fact that some phones have it working hardly absolves Google. Androids has it working, duh it's owned by Google so they can program around the quirks just as other have had to do, but being Google they know it intimately. Check out this from an Opera dev.

Gmail's Buggy IMAP Implementation | The Good Life...

And now that Google have disabled EAS (and you can bet they kluged that as well) we're stuck with a buggy IMAP. Well for me that was the last straw as I too have now moved to Outlook.com. They have made too many changes, implemented options then abandoned them changed setting and layouts then abandon them.
    Davidro1 likes this.
    04-16-13 10:08 PM
    You still can't see an email if you archive it via the desktop as on the Z10 you cannot sync the "All Mail" folder in Gmail.

K9 client does.
    Windows Phone does.
    IOS does.
    Android does.

Stop blaming Gmail.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 12:42 AM
    Thanks for sharing the link showing us someone's description of Gmail's kludginess.
    It is good to see this hunch confirmed.

Since the document was written in 2008 I now have proof of one more of my hunches. BlackBerry had years to adapt to this kludginess.

--
    David

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 05:22 AM
    You still can't see an email if you archive it via the desktop as on the Z10 you cannot sync the "All Mail" folder in Gmail.

K9 client does.
    Windows Phone does.
    IOS does.
    Android does.

Stop blaming Gmail.

Posted via CB10
    Have you tried to change these email account settings :

Gmail, ActiveSync, All Mail-img_00000131.png
    I didn't see an All Mail folder though, but it may work if you toggle the Sync all folders to On.

04-17-13 08:22 AM
    Ah, but your assuming that this is a static situation and not a constantly moving target. I have had ongoing issues with IMAP on several different clients over the years. One of the reasons I gave up on using Gmail's IMAP and now Gmail altogether. I have been moving over to Outlook.com where I have no problems and consistency in email delivery. Gmail may have removed the "beta" designation, but I truly believe that was a cosmetic change only.
    John Pawling likes this.
    04-17-13 02:14 PM
    Have you tried to change these email account settings :

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000131.png 
Views:	633 
Size:	67.3 KB 
ID:	152041
    I didn't see an All Mail folder though, but it may work if you toggle the Sync all folders to On.

I've tried everything... :-(

Over 1 million business use Google Apps, we are one of them.

I cannot change to outlook.com

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 04:42 PM

K9 client does.
    Windows Phone does.
    IOS does.
    Android does.

Stop blaming Gmail.

Posted via CB10
    Andriod - google developed that, give me a break
    IOS- That is apple and if you don't play nice with them, they don't play nice with them. Google is an internet company that needs macs to keep them going.
    Windows- see above
    K9 - who the hell is k9 outside of a police unit.

Get your head out of the sand and realize it benefits google to screw a company that is making a solid push on a domain they want very badly, see motorola mobile purchase. They won't mess with apple or Windows because they don't need google at all, google needs them.
    04-25-13 06:30 PM
    People just go to Gmail settings in pc browser and enable the All Mail folder to be viewable via imap, issue solved

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 06:40 PM
    Interestingly, deleting the message on the phone doesn't update online until the phone syncs, but if you choose "file" and file it to "Deleted Messages" (it can't access the trash, apparently) it'll send it there instantly and you won't have to worry about it. Then you just need to clean house in the web interface every now and then.

Also looks like it marked the email as read when it moved it, which was not being updated immediately either.

How does the manual sync option work, anyways? I select it in account settings, but see no option in the mail section of the hub to do a manual sync. Is there any way to make it automatically sync whenever you send/delete something? Or is that what it's supposed to be doing in the first place?

Since GMail doesn't use the IMAP standard interpretation of "delete", and since archiving isn't part of the standard IMAP toolset, it looks like all BlackBerry needs to do is figure out how to translate proper IMAP commands into something GMail can understand.

And I guess this is Google's way of making sure people stick to Android, but all it's going to do is drive people away from GMail altogether. If it wasn't such a hassle to change my email addresses for everything ever I'd be considering switching to Outlook for email right now...

Actually, I wonder if I can just set the GMail account to forward to an Outlook account and use that for email, while keeping my Google contacts and calendar...
    04-25-13 07:24 PM
    I wonder if I can just set the GMail account to forward to an Outlook account and use that for email, while keeping my Google contacts and calendar...
    You can surely do that, I did this for one account and it works flawlessly

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 12:13 AM
39 12