I updated the OS 10 software this morning to my Z10, and then it tells me my Gmail account is not connected, as well as invalid. When I go to check it out, it takes me to a new page with only "Gmail" at the top. It appears something is loading, but nothing ever comes up. I've deleted the account, restarted the phone, and tried again, but it still goes to the blank page.
    01-29-14 12:16 PM
    BB 10.2 seems to have this feature that may have something to do with the gmail account set up?

"Preferred Contact Sync – You can now choose the sync source for your Contacts ensuring you always have the most up-to-date contact details. When adding a new contact you can designate which sources you want the contact info to sync with, such as the corporate address book, Gmail, Hotmail, etc."

When I try to log in to re-set up my gmail accounts it takes you to a "Google" page with no options to NOT Manage your Mail, Contacts and calanders (which I don't want gmail to do). I just want to use my gmail email account.

I have been seeing several posts with people setting up gmail with 10.2.

I haven't gone past the setup screen because I don't want to set something up that I will then have to figure out how to undo it.

Edit: Just saw this link which looks like I have to re-set up the account to accomplish this. I will try it out:
    http://demos.blackberry.com/blackber...tup/index.html
    It doesn't work with gmail. Still same google screen comes up.

Does anyone know how to only set up your gmail account without giving google total control of your phone's functions?

Also, how to use the "Preferred Contact Sync" function in 10.2?
    Last edited by mzblues; 01-30-14 at 09:19 AM.
    01-30-14 09:06 AM
    Update: Spoke to Verizon and although it appears like Google is trying to control everything, the message is just telling you about your options.
    Just sign in and the account will set up fine.
    02-01-14 04:26 PM
    Thanks for your help mzblues. I have tried it again, but the login screen isn't showing. It appears to load but the page remains blank. I'm pretty sure it has to do with the fact this is a university Gmail account, and the way it's linked with Google is weird. I'll check out our tech services.
    02-05-14 10:29 AM
    Thanks for your help mzblues. I have tried it again, but the login screen isn't showing. It appears to load but the page remains blank. I'm pretty sure it has to do with the fact this is a university Gmail account, and the way it's linked with Google is weird. I'll check out our tech services.
    My university Gmail account is not working either anymore. But worked before the update. Now I have it setup through IMAP, it works for email but would like to have calendar and contacts again as well

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 10:43 AM
    After the upgrade, I removed the Gmail account and started over again as if it was
    never there. If you try it, be sure to go to bottom before logging in, we now have
    the option for FOREVER instead of only 90 days. HTH.
    02-05-14 11:15 AM