We all want Snapchat right, let us make #GiveBlackberrySnapchatToo trend on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and any other social network. We might get a response and our own Snapchat. IPhones and Androids are not better than BlackBerry so why should they be the only ones to enjoy it? #GiveBlackberrySnapchatToo

Posted via CB10
    tracks914 likes this.
    04-02-15 10:58 AM
    Well no. I don't want Snapchat. But good luck with your efforts, but I think Snapchat has bigger fish to fry than trying to get an app to 1% of potential users.
    WanShark69 likes this.
    04-02-15 11:00 AM
    #ToolsNotToys remember? and iPhone and Android get to "enjoy" snapchat because combined, they represent the vast vast majority of the global smartphone market.

BB10 isn't even the majority of BlackBerry users. Someone posted that sales of BB10 totals around 10-12 million since introduction, but BlackBerry active userbase is 37 million? So BB10 represents roughly 33% of BlackBerry, optimistically... and BlackBerry as a whole has, what? 0.4% global marketshare? So BB10 might be around 0.10 - 0.15% global marketshare?
    04-02-15 12:11 PM
    and if that 0.4% bought an app from me for .99, I would be golfing at Pebble Beach right now instead of working my *** of.
    04-02-15 12:13 PM
    and if that 0.4% bought an app from me for .99, I would be golfing at Pebble Beach right now instead of working my *** of.
    But not an app like SnapChat that needs a backend server, lawyers, IT support, etc.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.2708 SR 10.3.1.1865
    04-02-15 05:12 PM
    Don't care for snapChat either #dontcareforsnapchat on blackberry
    04-02-15 05:15 PM
    My kids and wife are Android and iPhone users. To snap with them is fun. I have a version of snap chat on my z10 but an official one would be nice.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-15 07:21 PM
    Here's the problem with BlackBerry folks on this board. If you don't want the app cool....but to dismiss an app that is a prominent app on other platforms because you don't want it doesn't mean it's not needed on BlackBerry 10. Why not help support the cause? Everyone complains why don't we have this app or that app but won't even try to help with a simple hashtag campaign. Others complain about why should I pay for such and such an app. Lol. One of the reasons, not the biggest, why devs won't build for BlackBerry is clear to me; From being on this board for months now it clear BlackBerry customers are f'n cheap, and don't understand the vital role apps play...just like BlackBerry the company. Looks like you guys were made for one another.

They laugh at my because I'm different; I laugh at them because they're all the same. 
    spacemanspork likes this.
    04-02-15 07:32 PM
    I wonder how much native snapchat would cost to develop. Considering single-developer vendors can duplicate the app functionality, I wager less than $10,000? Any other guesses? Are any of those guesses more than the developer can 'afford' when the upshot is millions of additional users of their apps?

Well, shame on any for-profit company who is willing to ignore millions of customers: investors should be criticizing them, not praising them, for ignoring platforms that have MILLIONS of users.
    04-02-15 08:05 PM
    Here's the problem with BlackBerry folks on this board. If you don't want the app cool....but to dismiss an app that is a prominent app on other platforms because you don't want it doesn't mean it's not needed on BlackBerry 10. Why not help support the cause? Everyone complains why don't we have this app or that app but won't even try to help with a simple hashtag campaign. Others complain about why should I pay for such and such an app. Lol. One of the reasons, not the biggest, why devs won't build for BlackBerry is clear to me; From being on this board for months now it clear BlackBerry customers are f'n cheap, and don't understand the vital role apps play...just like BlackBerry the company. Looks like you guys were made for one another.

They laugh at my because I'm different; I laugh at them because they're all the same. 
    I suppose there would be many different answers to this question. For me fundamentally it would be dishonest. But it also ignores the way these decisions are made.

For an application that has been around for a while, then developers know the size of the installed base of each ecosystem. The also know the adoption rate and the revenue per user. Simple arithmetic will tell them how much revenue they can expect much more accurately than any social media campaign.

For SnapChat there is the added complexity that the FCC got in their face about deceptive practices. The native application has problems in this regard, but a big source of their problems were third party applications. One of those problematic third parties developed an application for BlackBerry. So even if they decide to support BlackBerry, making sure that they don't have a repeat engagement with the FCC is going to be occupying their attention for a while.

http://mobile.pcmag.com/software/439...SrHYGGNom8gbgD

Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.2708 SR 10.3.1.1865
    04-03-15 08:26 AM
    My kids and wife are Android and iPhone users. To snap with them is fun. I have a version of snap chat on my z10 but an official one would be nice.

Posted via CB10
    Just wait until your children will start sending nude pics to someone. Lol. #snapchatiscrap

Posted via CB10 with my Z10 (Z10STL100-2/10.3.1.2243)
    04-03-15 10:10 AM
    Just wait until your children will start sending nude pics to someone. Lol. #snapchatiscrap

Posted via CB10 with my Z10 (Z10STL100-2/10.3.1.2243)
    Well we all speak from experience...

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 11:14 PM
    Ya some thing you just can't unsee........
    04-05-15 04:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD