hi guys,im planning on getting a brand new unlocked z10 to supplement my lumia 720 and replace my nexus 5(i hate android after alot of bad experiences with various phones)
    is the z10 still worth it?im getting it for less than $200 approximately
    anything i should look out for?
    its going to be my 2nd phone but id like to use android apps etc on it which are missing from the windows phone store,music etc
    also i was into BB phones from the 8520 days right to the 9790(i still own 2 8520s,a 9300,9700,9780,9790 and are now used for music,browsing etc ) so will there be apps like advanced os and led control,bebuzz etc to customise led notifs etc
    also hows the switch from bbos 7.1 to bb10,any thing i should look out for,like cons-pros coming from the aging bbos
    thanks in advance,looking forward to being a part of BB(and nokia a few months ago) after trying android,ios which didnt suit me and seemed poor compared to the 9790 etc in alot of simple ways for some reason
    06-22-14 02:44 PM
    A mint condition Z10 for under $200 is always a great deal.. If you don't like it you should be able to sell it

Posted via CB10 C000DAC91
    06-22-14 03:04 PM
    Switching is easy. Download Device switch on both devices, will have you transferred over in no time at all

There are lots of OS customisation apps on BlackBerry World, including BeBuzz (though I prefer Hub++)

You should try it, it's a great device and keeps getting better!
    06-22-14 03:17 PM
    thanks for your replies guys ,hows the android app compatibility and does bebuzz have the same functionality as the version on bbos 7.1
    also any cons i should look out for?(wont prevent me from buying it but i want to know so i can be ready)
    i wont be selling the phone as such,just ordered a white z10 for around $200,will keep it as my second phone
    and hows the battery life
    06-22-14 03:21 PM
    Which carrier are you with? Remember to get the correct model phone for the carrier you'll be using.
    06-22-14 03:50 PM
    No, BeBuzz is as good, if not better on BB10. One missing function is custom LEDs for individual BBM contacts because BlackBerry hasn't made it possible yet, but it should be added soon.

Android app compatibility is great. Most work with the exception of Google Services apps and a few cases of formatting issues. They are slower than native BlackBerry apps, but Chen has hinted at big improvements coming in 10.3 (September)

The battery life is mediocre, at best. You will want to get your hands on the extra battery and charger bundle as soon as you find one for a good price
    06-22-14 09:58 PM
    yep. battery isnt great. a powerbank or spare batt is a must buy. as for android apps, it depends what apps you're looking at specifically. overall a good phone if you are not happy with android.
    06-22-14 10:07 PM
    Yep a great phone but the battery is a bit dodgy

Posted via CB10
    06-22-14 10:49 PM
    No, BeBuzz is as good, if not better on BB10. One missing function is custom LEDs for individual BBM contacts because BlackBerry hasn't made it possible yet, but it should be added soon.

Android app compatibility is great. Most work with the exception of Google Services apps and a few cases of formatting issues. They are slower than native BlackBerry apps, but Chen has hinted at big improvements coming in 10.3 (September)

The battery life is mediocre, at best. You will want to get your hands on the extra battery and charger bundle as soon as you find one for a good price
    yeah i already have 2 sony powerbanks(2000mah) ,so thats not an issue
    how are ota updates? is it universal like WP now?or like BBOS,where we had to use a pc
    also is there usb otg?
    the android apps i have in mind are the usual FB,Twitter,Snapchat,Instagram,Whatsapp(are the native apps better or the android ones)
    and games like minecraft(does multiplayer work?),csr racing,clash of clans,hill climb racing,gta sa,gta vc,gta 3(games dont really matter,just want to know other than minecraft)
    i read and saw so many reviews etc about the z10,i wanted this phone right from 2012 except i switched from BB to WP and android at the time(a sin i know :P )and i guess BB10 and WP8.1 are my preferred mobile OS
    look forward to BB10!
    06-23-14 12:47 AM
    yeah i already have 2 sony powerbanks(2000mah) ,so thats not an issue
    how are ota updates? is it universal like WP now?or like BBOS,where we had to use a pc
    also is there usb otg?
    the android apps i have in mind are the usual FB,Twitter,Snapchat,Instagram,Whatsapp(are the native apps better or the android ones)
    and games like minecraft(does multiplayer work?),csr racing,clash of clans,hill climb racing,gta sa,gta vc,gta 3(games dont really matter,just want to know other than minecraft)
    i read and saw so many reviews etc about the z10,i wanted this phone right from 2012 except i switched from BB to WP and android at the time(a sin i know :P )and i guess BB10 and WP8.1 are my preferred mobile OS
    look forward to BB10!
    Facebook and Twitter come preloaded on the phone. I don't use Twitter, so I can't comment. Facebook was terrible when the phone launched, but has become quite good imo.
    SnapChat, Instagram the Android version work, but I think most people prefer the native third-party versions (Snap2Chat, Igrann). There are a few bugs in S2C, but the dev is very active in fixing it.
    WhatsApp has a native app, which has decent reviews but I use BBM, so I can't comment.

As far as I know, all of those games work. Clash of Clans loads fine, but some of the buttons aren't accessible due to formatting. Many have emailed the dev about it, so maybe another voice might be heard.
    06-23-14 07:43 AM
    You'll love the Z10

Posted via CB10
    06-23-14 07:47 AM
    thanks guys,look forward to it,should arrive in 2-3 days,ordered a white z10,is it worth getting a case and scratch gard for it? or is it sturdy like our good old 9780/9700s
    06-23-14 10:34 AM
    thanks guys,look forward to it,should arrive in 2-3 days,ordered a white z10,is it worth getting a case and scratch gard for it? or is it sturdy like our good old 9780/9700s
    Scratch guard not really needed but case definitely. I recommend the blackberry transform case. The corners dent easily when dropped
    06-23-14 11:00 AM
    I personally didn't like the transform case, and replaced it with a CaseMate "Barely There" case, which I like much better
    06-23-14 02:12 PM
    what about capdase and amzer cases?they have served me well on my lumias,nexus but im open to checking out other cases
    06-23-14 04:19 PM