i'm not used to receiving attention over a cell phone but it's been happening lately a lot.

Besides my college campus, where I always get positive reactions and comments regarding my Z10, I've gotten some out and about.

More specifically, while standing in line at the meat counter at Whole Foods, I had my Z10 out, screen turned off, in my hand while holding my shopping basket. It looked pretty inconspicuous, like any other black slab smartphone.

A guy next to me had an iPhone 5, and he took a glance at my phone. i believe he was German, as when he excused himself to see the phone he said "Is that the new BlackBerry?" (in a pseudo-English/German accent.

I responded yes it is and showed him the screen when I turned it on. He asked if it was like the other old ones and I said no it's totally different. He walked away impressed and thanked me for showing it to him.

Just anecdotes, interesting nonetheless.
    04-09-13 09:43 AM
    i'm not used to receiving attention over a cell phone but it's been happening lately a lot.

Besides my college campus, where I always get positive reactions and comments regarding my Z10, I've gotten some out and about.

More specifically, while standing in line at the meat counter at Whole Foods, I had my Z10 out, screen turned off, in my hand while holding my shopping basket. It looked pretty inconspicuous, like any other black slab smartphone.

A guy next to me had an iPhone 5, and he took a glance at my phone. i believe he was German, as when he excused himself to see the phone he said "Is that the new BlackBerry?" (in a pseudo-English/German accent.

I responded yes it is and showed him the screen when I turned it on. He asked if it was like the other old ones and I said no it's totally different. He walked away impressed and thanked me for showing it to him.

Just anecdotes, interesting nonetheless.
    I like hearing anecdotes like this.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    04-09-13 10:46 AM
    Same here, while using mines on the train some high schoolers (of all people) asked if that was the new BB i said yes showed them a few features and they were floored, one actually said "Man, iPhone is in trouble"... I was shocked cause kids love their iPhones...lol
    04-09-13 10:48 AM
    I had one person come up to me at a gas station. He thought the new berry was slick. Seemed to be pretty impressed with the peek function.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 10:48 AM
    Every day I hear " Hey is that the new Blackberry" and I reply yes it is! The phone is definitely getting a lot of attention with so little marketing.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 10:51 AM
    The problem is people may be interested but sales are no where near what they need to be. Seems many have moved on and BB is failing to get their attention. For me, not having a quick and fast way to move my contacts from my iPhone to my Z10 was a bummer! Not much of an excuse for BB on this as many of their customers went to iPhone so they could have, at least, done this.

Sales are still very slow .
    04-09-13 11:03 AM
    I purposely keep mine in my hand so people can see. Lol

Posted via Crackberry Z10
    04-09-13 11:06 AM
    You're not doing very well to be honest. There's a guy here on CB that's claiming he's picked up mad ladies just swiping in and out of the hub...

-Chris-
    04-09-13 11:13 AM
    The problem is people may be interested but sales are no where near what they need to be. Seems many have moved on and BB is failing to get their attention. For me, not having a quick and fast way to move my contacts from my iPhone to my Z10 was a bummer! Not much of an excuse for BB on this as many of their customers went to iPhone so they could have, at least, done this.
    Use iCloud on the Z10...
    R Field likes this.
    04-09-13 11:23 AM
    Last weekend while out with some friends, one asked where my old Blackberry Curve went, so I told him, "I got a new Blackberry! This is the new one!" Ah, the surprise on his face when I showed him the logo on the bezel- "They make 'em like this now?! Oh ****!"
    allstar0088 likes this.
    04-09-13 11:27 AM
    I work for Vzw tech and I'm the only one in my call center 500 plus employees that has it. Every was talking trash when I got it. Once I showed them that it does EVERYTHING every other smart phone does they loved it. For some reason everyone thinks that it's the same as a 8330 it blows my mind

Posted via CB10
    R Field and allstar0088 like this.
    04-09-13 11:34 AM
    Yea, I've had a bit of that too. It's kind of cool really. I have random people asking me what it is when I'm at the mall or something. It seems to draw a lot of attention from the younger crowd just because of how sleek it looks. I have yet to find someone who wasn't impressed after I showed them a few things on how it works. When they see the OS I often hear "It looks a lot like an iPhone." When they see it multi-task they are generally floored. I like to just open some apps like Facebook, Twitter and a couple Android sideloads like Hootsuite and Ubersocial all at the same time and just start jumping back and forth between them. They usually just sit there going "Whoah!"

It's kind of nice to have a Blackberry that draws this much attention, even if the sales aren't reflecting it. I love this thing.
    04-09-13 02:54 PM
    my v.p (@sony) commented on my z10, he's still using a bold 9900 LMAO
    04-09-13 03:17 PM

There is a very quick and easy way...use blue tooth. Takes 5 minutes.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 03:23 PM
    Iv shown it to some coworkers of mine. Mostly people at work have androids and iPhones, but they have all liked the phone and a few are considering switching. One girl who sits near my desk is using a Torch and liked the Z10, but will probably wait for the Q10 because her giant fingernails give her trouble typing on any touchscreen device.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 04:07 PM
    I was at an engagement party on Sunday. Naturally, I was playing with my phone and one of the people there asked me about it . I proceeded for show him the Keyboard, camera and peek and flow.

He seemed pretty impressed with the device

Posted via CB10 from my BlackBerry Z10
    Last edited by Chaviv; 04-10-13 at 01:18 PM.
    04-09-13 05:59 PM
    I might as well join in on the fun. I was out with a few buddies this weekend and my friend who is a major gadget freak who just bought the new Lumia phone played with my Z10 for about 10 minutes. He said it was "bada$$" and then proceeded to discuss his phone's deficiencies. I truly think he regrets his purchase now.
    04-09-13 06:18 PM

And how do you know the current sales figures? What inside information do you possess? I'm sure we would all be interested on your source.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 06:55 PM
    Sales are just fine. Most people are in a contract and cant just buy one as soon as they see one and like it. I expect more and more people to see them and start buying them. The more people that have them, the more technology "Followers" will start to buy them.

Oh, and nothing wrong with not being a tech early adopter.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 07:29 PM
    Someone asked if it was the new BlackBerry, I said yes. She asked to see it. Then she said, so they came out with something to compete with my I phone. I didn't want to make her feel awkward so I didn't reply.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 07:34 PM