Ever since I got my Z10 I've come to believe that it's the best device I've ever used for my needs, so much so that I was quite willing to over look the occasional issue. But now I've had enough, my patience has worn so thin it's positively threadbare.

Over the last 3 days my settings have spontaneously changed. The latest issue is the rotation lock won't disengage. I've tried manually unlocking but it doesn't work. Rebooting the phone seems to help but 5 minutes later it locks again. This is particularly annoying as I have large thumbs and can only type efficiently in landscape mode.

This is the latest of many, many faults that on their own may not be much but as a whole add up to one massive annoyance making me doubt my loyalty to the BlackBerry brand. Any suggestions on how to fix this latest issue will be deeply appreciated.

STL100-3, 10.2.0.429, 10.2.0.1803
    12-02-13 07:37 PM
    Sounds like you're having issues I haven't seen talked about much. Maybe a wipe and reload of the OS is in order and restore everything but settings and see how it goes. If good maybe restore the settings and see how it goes.

Edit: It could be a fault in the hardware that controls rotation?
    12-02-13 07:41 PM
    Ever since I got my Z10 I've come to believe that it's the best device I've ever used for my needs, so much so that I was quite willing to over look the occasional issue. But now I've had enough, my patience has worn so thin it's positively threadbare.

Over the last 3 days my settings have spontaneously changed. The latest issue is the rotation lock won't disengage. I've tried manually unlocking but it doesn't work. Rebooting the phone seems to help but 5 minutes later it locks again. This is particularly annoying as I have large thumbs and can only type efficiently in landscape mode.

This is the latest of many, many faults that on their own may not be much but as a whole add up to one massive annoyance making me doubt my loyalty to the BlackBerry brand. Any suggestions on how to fix this latest issue will be deeply appreciated.

Try upgrading to the latest leak 10.2.1.1055 to see if it addresses your issues. I couldn't hurt even if it doesn't solve your problem.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1055

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 07:55 PM
    At least three threads with this issue today.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 07:55 PM
    Yeah having the same problem

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 09:03 PM
    Thanks for the suggestions, I'll try a wipe and reload tomorrow.

I've been using a device of one sort or another since 1985 and I've never had one where so many small things went wrong, and kept going wrong. If it doesn't look like it's going to be sorted with the official 10.2.1 release then I'm done. I can't rely on my phone anymore, I'm always waiting for another problem to occur.
    12-02-13 09:42 PM
    After poking around the net a bit it seems that there are many, many people affected by the same or similar issues. I've tried to contact BlackBerry via email and Twitter but I haven't had a reply yet. I hope it's not "take it to your carrier" because if it is I'll probably lose it and BlackBerry will lose yet another user they can ill afford to lose.
    12-02-13 10:19 PM
    After poking around the net a bit it seems that there are many, many people affected by the same or similar issues. I've tried to contact BlackBerry via email and Twitter but I haven't had a reply yet. I hope it's not "take it to your carrier" because if it is I'll probably lose it and BlackBerry will lose yet another user they can ill afford to lose.
    Your issues are not common even though you may have seen some reports of others experiencing. While I can truly appreciate your frustration level, asking you to engage the vendor that sold you the phone and is supposed to provide you Tier 1 support is very normal. I hope you take them up on this normal SOP of they do request it if your wiping and upgrade efforts fall short.

My fingers are crossed for you though.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 10:30 PM

Do you have any certain apps that in the app's settings; rotation lock is engaged. Get task manager in BB world and the next time it happens, run that. see if some other app isn't running in the background somehow and causing it. some android apps I used to sideload did that on me. I'd exit them but some of the processes would still be running and mess up my Rotation Lock, especially netflix. I have thick thumbs tips as well. I hear ya.
    12-02-13 10:39 PM
    Thanks for the help, everyone, but I think I've found a solution; I deleted Despicable Me: Minion Rush, a game I never played anyway, and everything seems to be fine, or at least it has been for the last 55 minutes.
    12-02-13 11:00 PM
    Thanks for the help, everyone, but I think I've found a solution; I deleted Despicable Me: Minion Rush, a game I never played anyway, and everything seems to be fine, or at least it has been for the last 55 minutes.
    Weird. I've never had affect my actual phone, but in game, the rotation, is really funky for that game. Has the problem subsided completely?

"We are truly alone, the scars on your heart are yours to atone" (BBM#18)
    12-02-13 11:48 PM