I have geotagging turned on but I have no idea if it is actually working. On my 9900, the location would be in the file name but not so on my Z10. Is this issue just with my phone or is anyone else experiencing this? Should I just turn geotagging off?
    04-11-13 01:02 PM
    It does geotag the pic, but it doesn't seem to show like the legacy bb's did.

Posted via CB10 from my Zed
    04-11-13 01:07 PM
    It does geotag the pic, but it doesn't seem to show like the legacy bb's did.

How do u know? Does it show up somewhere? I can't find it anywhere
    04-11-13 01:23 PM
    GeoTag Photos?-geotag.jpg

I spent many an hour trying to figure this out! I haven't been able to identify the info on my Z10 as yet, but once you download the info onto a PC, you can right click on the photo go to properties > details > GPS (IF the location was recorded). There will be no GPS section if the info was not recorded (occasionally I've snapped some pics too quickly, and the GPS didn't have time to lock in) Hopefully they update this to allow us to view the information more easily, and more importantly on the phone! Or better yet, hopefully there is a way and somebody smarter than I will be able to point it out

Cheers!
    04-11-13 03:27 PM
    So, it records longitude and latitude but not the city. I really liked have my 9900 save a pic starting with the name of the city, like Stratford_000001.jpg
    04-11-13 03:30 PM
    How do u know? Does it show up somewhere? I can't find it anywhere
    Other then what the person above me wrote, when you open the camera you will notice the gps icon displays near the battery icon. It looks like an upside-down tear drop.

04-11-13 04:53 PM
    Other then what the person above me wrote, when you open the camera you will notice the gps icon displays near the battery icon. It looks like an upside-down tear drop.

Resurrected this thread from a link in a thread with the same issue. Yes, the gps icon does appear when geo-tagging is turned on in the settings screen in the camera. However, the location does not show up in the properties listing of that picture in the file manager on the phone. Z10 official 10.1. Verizon

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 10:15 AM

And, as noted above, even when the icon is showing, if you snap the shot before the location is locked on, the photo will not be geo tagged. Many pc programs will let you add it later, though.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 12:24 PM
    So, it records longitude and latitude but not the city. I really liked have my 9900 save a pic starting with the name of the city, like Stratford_000001.jpg
    That would only work if your coordinates showed you were in a city...what if you're in the middle of a forest out in the country? They likely changed this to be consistent.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 12:53 PM
    And, as noted above, even when the icon is showing, if you snap the shot before the location is locked on, the photo will not be geo tagged. Many pc programs will let you add it later, though.

Posted via CB10
    Well, how long do you think I should wait to snap the picture? You can't see the gps icon from the camera. My gps locks on within 5 seconds when I'm in the BB maps app, but even when I wait 30 seconds, I still don't get any location on my picture.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 01:41 PM
    Well, how long do you think I should wait to snap the picture? You can't see the gps icon from the camera. My gps locks on within 5 seconds when I'm in the BB maps app, but even when I wait 30 seconds, I still don't get any location on my picture.

Posted via CB10
    I don't have a good answer. My experience has been that the photo is more apt to capture the location data if I keep a map app open. I have had nearly 100% success with the camera recording the geo data with the Z10, only about 90% of my shots on my Bold. I wish some more folks would chime in here. I am sorry you are having trouble and I also miss the feature that the Bold had of showing the green geo icon when the location locked.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-13 09:05 PM