I regret buying it. I will go back to Apple when the iPhone 5S comes out. My biggest beefs are:

1) How the hell do you update the Blackberry Link software? I know there is an update out there, yet there is no goddamn button to update this bloody piece of software on my computer.
    2) 5 months later and the apps available still suck.
    3) Trying to sync photos/videos with my computer is a nightmare. Photos/videos end up getting saved in different locations on my BB. It's duplicating photos when syncing with the computer. There is no easy way to sort photos on the BB. The list goes on.
    4) Music player is an absolute joke. No easy to make a playlist other than to go through my 1400 songs and add them manually.
    5) BB Maps ain't Google Maps. A F sideloading. I've done it and runs slow.
    6) Autocorrect has actually gotten dumber. It worked initially, but now it's replacing perfectly normal words with other words.
    7) 3rd party accessory makers will never support BB the way they do with Apple or Android products. I'm not talking about cases. Just go to the Apple Store and take a look at all the different accessories and gadgets that will work with the iPhone.
    8) Lots of websites still don't recognize the BB browser. Yeah, I know it's not RIM's fault, but I don't care. These websites worked on my previous iPhone but not the Z10. That is a problem.
    9) You can't send videos via email. They end up being too big. With the iPhone, it automatically compressed the video for you. Similar with photos, you can't set what size you want to send it. It just defaults to one size.
    10) And finally, Blackberry Link is such a garbage piece of software. It does absolutely nothing useful. It feels like a bunch of Grade 9 computer science students wrote it. Actually, they would probably do a better job.

This is too bad because I really like the look and speed of the phone. But the deal breaker is lack of apps. It's been long enough and developers seem to be hesitant. By the time developers get on board with writing native apps for BB, the Z50 will be out. Maybe I'll reconsider then.
    d3r3k79, Donvald, Fnen90 and 1 others like this.
    06-07-13 06:57 PM
    See ya

Posted via Naked BlackBerry Z10
    alpha beta gaga likes this.
    06-07-13 07:02 PM
    Bye. Enjoy your iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-13 07:03 PM
    I don't blame you
    06-07-13 07:03 PM
    If Link's such a piece of garbage, then just use mass storage mode (and download updates from the site). If you can't figure that out, then no wonder you're going to Apple.
    06-07-13 07:05 PM
    noone cares what you think if you dont like it thats cool get off this site
    Wow. Really?

Posted via CB10
    dikkr, aming63, Djlatino and 3 others like this.
    06-07-13 07:06 PM
    Buhbye... don't let the door hit you in the arse on the way out.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-13 07:06 PM
    Enjoy your iphone with all the other teenagers and soccer moms in yoga pants.

Posted via my BlackBerry Z10.
    06-07-13 07:07 PM
    Good luck with your next phone!!
    eaknet likes this.
    06-07-13 07:10 PM

Soccer moms in yoga pants are hot
    06-07-13 07:12 PM
    noone cares what you think if you dont like it thats cool get off this site
    Apoerently the 48% of the mobile consumer base agrees with what he is saying.
    Can you offer a reasinable and or educated opinion as to why BlackBerry deserves more than the 6% market share they are struggling to hold on to? Or do you just know how to offer unprovoked insults?

Posted via... sorry, had to re-charge my Z10, AGAIN!
    06-07-13 07:15 PM
    I agree with some of your points, but I will say about #10) that remote file access is definitely useful. Assuming you can get that POS Link to work, that is Oh and the update button for it is on the left of the settings menu, with your computer selected. Or just mouseover the computer tab. (This is on windows though, not sure what the mac version is like)
    Gave Z10 a shot but I'm going back to Apple-temp.jpg
    06-07-13 07:17 PM

I don't get it, what's wrong with moms in soccer pants?

06-07-13 07:17 PM
    OP posts a legitimate list of gripes and gets derided. Nice. It's like a horde of counter-trolls posting to say "nothing's amiss" in the hopes nothing gets improved.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-13 07:19 PM

At my daughter's last soccer game, three of us mums in a row had Z10s... (no yoga pants though, that I recall).
    06-07-13 07:20 PM
    OK Mr Sir, whatever works for you. Come back when you get bored
    06-07-13 07:22 PM
    Sounds like you want a mature system, which is fine except that you should have known that you were buying a brand new first ever Z10. What do you expect BlackBerry to do? Have a million apps at launch? Get real. Every new phone has had to build from the ground up. Even Apple. I'm not against you wanting to get what he want, but I am kind of tired of people who buy a Z10/Q10 expecting to have an iPhone ecosystem. If you want an iPhone then save yourself the aggravation and buy an iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-13 07:27 PM
    Good luck with your 5S. I'm pretty sure it is the same with 5. Just like S4 on S3

Posted using The Z10
    ruhban and Jackpo89 like this.
    06-07-13 07:30 PM
    And the Z10 interface is vastly different then IOS? Bring an iPhone and a z10 to Grandma Chen in rural mainland China and see if she can tell the difference.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-13 07:35 PM
    And the Z10 interface is vastly different then IOS? Bring an iPhone and a z10 to Grandma Chen in rural mainland China and see if she can tell the difference.

Posted via CB10

Well the app screen is just the only resemblance. Even android shares the same app screen.

Posted using The Z10
    06-07-13 07:38 PM
    Sounds like you want a mature system, which is fine except that you should have known that you were buying a brand new first ever Z10. What do you expect BlackBerry to do? Have a million apps at launch? Get real. Every new phone has had to build from the ground up. Even Apple. I'm not against you wanting to get what he want, but I am kind of tired of people who buy a Z10/Q10 expecting to have an iPhone ecosystem. If you want an iPhone then save yourself the aggravation and buy an iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    I cant speak for the OP, but i knew going into the purchase that the app selection wasnt going to be the best for a few months. As of this week, i now have basically all the apps i need/want with the addition of TD bank and soundhound.
    However, i do agree with him that the Z10/BB10 experience has been frustrating. There are lots of serious bugs, flaws and feature oversights that as a consumer, i do not expect to experiance from a company releasing a product that is at least 2 years in the making that is being toted as their 'flagship' product that is going to help recover their seriously eroded market base. A few small bugs are to be expected. But i think its safe to assume based on reading the posts on CB that 40-50% of Z10 owners are very dissatisfied.
    To add to his list, some of my grievances with this phone are;

- completely unacceptable battery performance
    -random reboots
    -very weak wifi antenna
    -hub is cluttered (i dont use facebook or whatsapp and have LinkedIn and twitter disabled, yet they still.appear in the hub)
    -

protominet likes this.
    06-07-13 07:41 PM
    Hey look I am leaving and going to tell the blackberry community I am leaving. I wonder if apple has stupid threads like this. The op is just an ***** for buying a phone without doing his research. I guess it is blackberry fault that people don't research before buying.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-13 07:46 PM
    Useful gadgets. Wtf.... iphone needs an adapter to pay using credit cards. Z10 has it built in with secure nfc.

Ummm what about HDMI. I hook up my Z to the TV all he time.

Dude. Really. Half of the things the Z has is the same as the iPhone you just have to use it a different way. Learn the device, don't just expect it to be an iphone copycat.

App eco system. Humm. It's been 4 months..you want them to have a million apps in short time. It took Google years. Apple fanatics laughed at Google not they are on top.

Not caring if you go back to Apple but your looking really dumb right now saying you would downgrade to a 5s. It's junk with a millions apps. Only 120,000 of them are good!

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    06-07-13 07:48 PM
    Apoerently the 48% of the mobile consumer base agrees with what he is saying.
    Can you offer a reasinable and or educated opinion as to why BlackBerry deserves more than the 6% market share they are struggling to hold on to? Or do you just know how to offer unprovoked insults?

Because they care enough to write a brand new os and go back to the drawing board and not add a row of apps and call it innovation!!! And this is a post for imore not blackberry. BlackBerry users don't care that he can't figure out the phone and his computer software, no really we dont!!

I repeat, we don't!!!! Buh bye!

Posted via CB10
    lynxs_claw, ultra07 and Jackpo89 like this.
    06-07-13 07:51 PM
    If Link's such a piece of garbage, then just use mass storage mode (and download updates from the site). If you can't figure that out, then no wonder you're going to Apple.
    iPhone users don't tend to think of mass storage mode unfortunately because their devices don't have the option. But that is a great point.
    Personally I've had no problems with putting things onto my device, has been pretty smooth really. Remote file access and DLNA have been awesome. Link is not without it's issues, there's no denying that but the recent update seems to have helped a bunch.
    I think someone also posted a screen shot of how to update link.
    But BB10 and iPhone are very different experiences and once your locked into the Apple ecosystem it's tough getting out.
    Just my 2 cents.

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    06-07-13 07:53 PM
84 123 ...