Speaking as a consumer, I know it's hard to do as a fan, but speaking as a consumer QNX is a far snappier system. People I work with noted how much smoother it ran. These are doctors and nurses, yes I am an auxiliary nurse, but they still noted it. Hardened iPhone user friends even said how nice it looks. There is life in the BlackBerry platform yet. I wouldn't discount anything simply because some new multicore phone reckons it's the bee's knees.
    03-15-13 04:02 AM
    Though samsung is one of my fav companies, I have to admit GS4 specs are overkill. what GS5 will have a 16 core processor 4 GB RAM?
    backfire101 likes this.
    03-15-13 04:05 AM
    Cluttered sloppy code called android. No one cares when the os runs like crap. 50 mega pixel camera. 16 core blah blah its mainly irrelevant on a mobile platform.
    03-15-13 04:18 AM
    My daughter wants S4.
    Conclusion - a phone for teenagers.
    ErinnM likes this.
    03-15-13 04:25 AM
    My daughter wants S4.
    Conclusion - a phone for teenagers.
    No offense Alex, but I think you mean a phone for the inexperienced users, who have not experienced the Blackberry Z10.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    03-15-13 04:34 AM
    I agree to others saying the Samsung Galaxy S4 is like a faster S4. I've been eyeing for a good high end android phone just to experience the top OS in the world right now but with the announcement today I'll just scratch S4 from my list of choices.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 04:51 AM
    You really do not want to compare the S4 to the Z10 unless you have had LOTS of Blackberry Koolaid! Maybe in a year of so but I would not compare it now.
    cckgz4, Drew808, timberdc and 1 others like this.
    03-15-13 04:53 AM
    You really do not want to compare the S4 to the Z10 unless you have had LOTS of Blackberry Koolaid! Maybe in a year of so but I would not compare it now.
    How so? I came from the Nexus 4 to the Z10, and I'd take a Nexus 4 over S4 any day because of the pentile (bad experience with Gnex and S3) and Touchwiz. The Z10 is definitely comparable to the S4, though not in specs. in fact, I'd take a Lumia 920 or an HTC One or Sony Z over the S4, so maybe you're the one drinking the koolaid.
    03-15-13 05:06 AM
    Compare in what way, if spec sheets are to go by, then definitely S4 is far superior than Z10, but if S4 is anything like S3, and some ppl have reported that s4 lags too, then I am pretty happy off android and with my z10.
    But I may be biased as my family tends to say Z10 is like my child. :-)
    03-15-13 05:12 AM
    To be honest, when was the last time a Blackberry device was able to be compared to flagship devices from the likes of Samsung, Sony, HTC and Apple? Blackberry fans should be rejoicing that the Z10 is able to stand up to this amount of scrutiny!
    03-15-13 05:25 AM
    I have had both the Galaxy S2, S3 and the Nexus 4. I have also rooted all them and run custom ROM's. I used to be into looking at all the specs and such, but I have reevaluated what I use my smart device for and I think the BB Z10 has hit the mark. Yes there are some kinks in OS10 that need to be resolved, but for a new product, this device rocks.

Anyone out there who has used Android will honestly tell you they have all had force closed and OS stability issues like I have had and it seems like Google takes forever to put out a major update. I think there are allot of people like me who have been wanting to try something new and are tired of the stale Android and Apple IOS platforms and that I think will make the Z10 a successful product.
    03-15-13 05:33 AM
    It's exactly like the s3 except it's bigger, same design, even if it has some Octa core ****, it'll still be leggy af exactly like the s3 and smart scroll will be like the smart stay....crappy

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 05:39 AM
    It's exactly like the s3 except it's bigger, same design, even if it has some Octa core ****, it'll still be leggy af exactly like the s3 and smart scroll will be like the smart stay....crappy

Posted via CB10
    I've always liked leggy. Leggy is good.
    03-15-13 05:45 AM
    how many fcking cores u need to run a phone? ****s getting ridiculous....
    Android need Deca-Core to run smooth as Blackberry with Dual-Core

Because Android is Build for Non-Touchschreen Devices. If Android want run smooth as BB10 or iOS , they need to rewrite the entire Kernel for Touch-Devices.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    03-15-13 05:46 AM
    Most people commenting in this thread either never used a S3 or is blind. I too will be getting a Z10 but will give credit to what the S4 will be. I got my wife a S3 and I must say its smooth as butter. Fast and Jelly Bean is win. Plus almost every thing you wanna do theres a free app for. So it will only get better with the higher speced S4. Saying cores dont matter or its all a gimmic is silly. A smooth OS can only take you so far without the specs to back it. All im saying is be more open minded because its starting to sound a little imore'ish in here.
    03-15-13 05:47 AM
    Most people commenting in this thread either never used a S3 or is blind. I too will be getting a Z10 but will give credit to what the S4 will be. I got my wife a S3 and I must say its smooth as butter. Fast and Jelly Bean is win. Plus almost every thing you wanna do theres a free app for. So it will only get better with the higher speced S4. Saying cores dont matter or its all a gimmic is silly. A smooth OS can only take you so far without the specs to back it. All im saying is be more open minded because its starting to sound a little imore'ish in here.
    Emm i had S2 and my sis have S3, and you know what, its definitly not so smooth like iPhone 5 or BB10.
    Camelhmpz likes this.
    03-15-13 05:53 AM
    Z10 made it for me too

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 05:55 AM
    definitely the S4, see, im in extrovert and i need to know that companies and corporations and all their subsidaries are watching every move i make

Nearly 35% of Android Apps Are Secretly Stealing Private Data, Says China's Latest DCCI Report
    03-15-13 05:57 AM
    Realistically guys (and gals) I think that if Samsung wanted to seriously impress with hardware, they'd ask Google if they could do another Nexus. I've come from BB originally, then to iOS, then to Windows Phone, then to Android, stayed there for a while but now I'm awaiting delivery of my White Z10 (hopefully Monday or Tuesday next week!) and I feel that the last, genuinely good phone Samsung developed was the Galaxy Nexus. The S3 felt WAY too sluggish and the UI they put on is horrible! I've had a long standing opinion of iOS is for most teens and parents that want two touch calling and simplicity in their OS, Android is for techy 'nerds' and modders, Blackberry is for power users and Windows Mobile is for the... riders of short form buses.

I honestly don't care if it has an 8-core processor that puts my i7 to shame, no one needs that much processing power in their pocket, and if you can honestly make a valid point where you do, I'll eat a whole cold tuna, after you've slapped me with it.

I think that after the hype of any new device dies down, the amount of hits you get when you search for it on Craigslist, Gum Tree, eBay etc. really show it's success. I mean, you can reported sell 1,000,000 handsets, but that doesn't translate to 1,000,000 happy owners.

IMHO, Blackberry; welcome back and Z10 - GET IN MY POCKET!!!
    03-15-13 06:05 AM
    Giving a statement like this is a bit harsh, don't you think. everyone commenting here are expressing their own opinions based on their experience, and everybody's parameters of satisfaction are different. Ihave personally used S, S2 and S3(Which died btw due to the sudden death syndrome), and none of these three phones were at par with the smoothness with which the blackberry z10 operates. Android project butter is not visible on any of these three phones. And cores do matter, but any no. of cores will not give a good performance if the OS being run on it is not taking the benefit of such raw power. I am also like every other person here and like more and more apps, but if the OS is "leggy" and slow, then what is the point of all these apps.
    Also nobody here is not giving credit to Samsung, what everybody is only saying is that z10 is a far better experience than S3, and if some initial reports are to be believed, then s4 too.
    03-15-13 06:29 AM

Because Android is Build for Non-Touchschreen Devices. If Android want run smooth as BB10 or iOS , they need to rewrite the entire Kernel for Touch-Devices.
    LOL. But why does the Z10, uh, need a dual core? Is it less efficient than earlier BBs?

LOL.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    03-15-13 06:37 AM
    LOL.

You have to understand: some people can't do that. Saying positive things about other platforms burns. You can tell the mature vets... there are plenty of them who can speak with authority while still loving the heck out of everything BBRY. Others? Not so much.

To be fair, you do see the same factionalism at AC too. Tech anthropomorphised.
    03-15-13 06:41 AM

Android, the OS written for tablets and smartphones, is not written for touchscreen devices? Darn, google messed up.

And why would you re-write an entire kernel to accommodate an input method?
    21stNow likes this.
    03-15-13 06:43 AM
    Just want to say one thing,

Hardware doesn't actually matter, what matters is the OS and the features. The hardware and the specs war is for the phones which have the same OS(Eg. Android). Samsung packs the phone with the best hardware and specs, this is the reason Samsung is leading in the Android pack.

Suppose a person likes BB10 OS and not the Android OS, why would he even look at the hardware. The S4 uses an octa-core processor but BB Z10 uses a dual core, this is just because Android doesn't have the capability run smooth on a dual core but BB10 and iPhone has(even though they run on dual-core processors).

Sure, the S4 has some nice features as compared to the Z!0 but they are actually useless in the daily life.
    For example: the 'Smart Gestures' feature what use is it in actual, I dont just get its point. You hold the phone in one hand and you use gestures from your other hand; it's not like an Xbox Kinect that you want to be able to control from across the room.
    BlackQtCoder likes this.
    03-15-13 06:44 AM
    On a side and somewhat silly note, z10 is the only phone I have owned which looks the same beautiful self in the promos and on my desk.
    03-15-13 06:46 AM
370 12345 ...