Honestly its ugly, more so then the gs3 was, ill never switch back to android as I just switched to the z10 from the iPhone 5, but I must say the HTC One might be the Android to watch this year it offers the iPhone 5 built quality ( as I think the z10 does to, more because of how they designed the device, it feels great in hand), with hopefully what looks like top android experience. Samsung should watch out, even sonys phone is a lot nicer, the gs4 looks like a toy camera you'd buy at toys r us.

Posted via CB10
    Cap_172R, meltbox360 and zwuncki like this.
    03-15-13 12:44 AM
    I feel from this point onwards the fall of Samsung in the smartphone market has begun. They have not offered anything substantially new in the form of s4. Whereas BlackBerry has offered something amazingly new in the form of BlackBerry Z10 with the new os. Ppl want change as they have been using the same ios and android for the past many years. And BlackBerry is currently very well suited to fill in that slot. I think BlackBerry will come up in a big way in the market if they can sustain this new way of working which they are showing now and they can provide better changes with every new version of the OS and catch the pulse of the market.

So here's to blackberry to once more being the king of the market.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 12:48 AM
    I just hope the new HTC one doesn't suffer from the wifi issues that plagued the one X. Not that I would ever move now from the z10. And saying that I wasn't overly impressed with the stupid sense interface of the one X anyway.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 12:49 AM
    Honestly its ugly, more so then the gs3 was, ill never switch back to android as I just switched to the z10 from the iPhone 5, but I must say the HTC One might be the Android to watch this year it offers the iPhone 5 built quality ( as I think the z10 does to, more because of how they designed the device, it feels great in hand), with hopefully what looks like top android experience. Samsung should watch out, even sonys phone is a lot nicer, the gs4 looks like a toy camera you'd buy at toys r us.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah i agree... The trend is becoming boring now withe Samsung and their galaxy devices. HTC One does look pretty good i must admit and the Xperia Z is another monster. The build quality of the Sony device is very solid and feels good! (Judging from the Xperia Ion series). None beats the Z10 though, I really love my BBRY!
    SDTRMG and blackberry z10 like this.
    03-15-13 12:49 AM

Posted via CB10
    I agree with u completely on the point that BlackBerry Z10 feels absolutely great in the hand, much better than s3 or note 2. The first time I held the phone I was happily surprised that now BlackBerry will be back in the game.

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG likes this.
    03-15-13 12:50 AM
    Yeah i agree... The trend is becoming boring now withe Samsung and their galaxy devices. HTC One does look pretty good i must admit and the Xperia Z is another monster. The build quality of the Sony device is very solid and feels good! (Judging from the Xperia Ion series). None beats the Z10 though, I really love my BBRY!
    My wife has the new Sony. It is nicely built. But the z10, by her own admission too, feels better in the hand.

The smartphone market is stale. Bbry really is poised to take a chunk back.

Posted via CB10
    Cap_172R and SDTRMG like this.
    03-15-13 12:52 AM
    My wife has the new Sony. It is nicely built. But the z10, by her own admission too, feels better in the hand.

The smartphone market is stale. Bbry really is poised to take a chunk back.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, the Z10 is sweet... love that it still keeps the BBRY look. You look at it and know it's a BBRY. The feel of the device alone is enough to make it a winner. What good is a device if it's not comfortable to use? I respect the competition and those who choose to go Xperia Z or HTC One, not bad specs wise but I loved my BBRY from the first day I had it and it does what i need it to do perfectly --> most important.
    03-15-13 01:04 AM
    I played with the SG3 in stores and, honestly, it looks and feels really cheap. Even though the Z10 is also made of plastic, the build quality is much, much better than SG3. Since SG4 is pretty much SG3 shell, I'm going to assume the feel will be the same (the look is already the same).

The only Android device I like in the looks department is the Sony Xperia Z. It has a very sturdy, yet sporty look to it but too bad it runs Android. Played with Android in stores and never liked it.

So I just saw the S4, and on the spec sheet it looks killer.
    I, personally, am going in for the Z10 because I need something fresh and new. Do you guys think it'll pull the potential BB10 owners from buying BB devices?
    Plus probably the price range would be very similar to the Z10's.
    Actually read that the SG4 is predicted to be priced around $750 USD.
    SDTRMG likes this.
    03-15-13 01:06 AM
    I feel from this point onwards the fall of Samsung in the smartphone market has begun. They have not offered anything substantially new in the form of s4. Whereas BlackBerry has offered something amazingly new in the form of BlackBerry Z10 with the new os. Ppl want change as they have been using the same ios and android for the past many years. And BlackBerry is currently very well suited to fill in that slot. I think BlackBerry will come up in a big way in the market if they can sustain this new way of working which they are showing now and they can provide better changes with every new version of the OS and catch the pulse of the market.

So here's to blackberry to once more being the king of the market.

Posted via CB10
    This was precisely the reason I thought of getting the Z10! My Galaxy Nexus is a crazy smooth phone and I absolutely love it, but the Z10 was something new. Basically I guess they've reached the saturation point, because every new phone that comes out is just a buff in previous specs. Honestly, being an Android junky like many of my friends, I used to despise the older BB phones. But the Z10 actually turned out quite idiosyncratic.
    Plus they say it has a learning curve. To me that's a good thing, because whoever tries my phone out will not know how to use it. I'll just be like, "Yeah, you won't be able to know till you try it yourself. Go break a leg!".
    MERCDROID, SDTRMG and low78 like this.
    03-15-13 01:09 AM
    Galaxy S4 = Galaxy S3S (as much as I don't like some of the BB coverage on The Verge, The Verge was spot on with this title).

S4 has so many gimmicky things (just like the S3, which no one really cares/uses). The whole eye tracking thing on S3 doesn't even work properly and QC's not great either (my friend swapped 4 different S3's before getting one that was usable).

Even with all of the spec's that Samsung throws at it, frankly, Android is still flawed. If you want android, S4 might be good (though personally I think the HTC One looks much better). You'll not choose S4 if you like BB10.

Having returned my dev alpha a couple of days ago and using my HTC as my primary phone again, I'm uber frustrated at Android and how slow things are (only have ICS and not jelly bean on my phone). Once you start using BB10 and get used to the gestures, you are hooked and it's hard to leave.
    SDTRMG likes this.
    03-15-13 01:12 AM
    Pretty sure that Samsung has got a winner for the Android market here. The spec sheet is pretty interesting (esp. the screen and the polycarbonate body) and the fact that Samsung devices can be dev unlocked means that a lot of aftermarket ROM's should be available for it shortly after release. That along with the improvements in the software as well as the number of apps available for it should keep Samsung at the top of the Android food chain. I would say that Samsung has followed up the GS3 with another great device.

I think the masses will purchase the GS4 in droves over the BB devices. I think the Z10 (or Q10) will appeal to older BB owners or for folks that have got tired of Android/iPhone and want a change. I suspect the vast majority of folks looking for a new smartphone do not fall into this category - most just want to use whatever apps (Instagram etc.) they need on their platform.
    21stNow likes this.
    03-15-13 01:22 AM
    Having returned my dev alpha a couple of days ago and using my HTC as my primary phone again, I'm uber frustrated at Android and how slow things are (only have ICS and not jelly bean on my phone). Once you start using BB10 and get used to the gestures, you are hooked and it's hard to leave.
    Imagine if some of our fellow BB users who can't wait for OS updates on their Z10 had to go through the same process that Android OS users had to (official updates that is). Took forever to get ICS on my Note. Gingerbread was awfully slow, ICS is fine but it depends on so many factors...widgets, launchers etc etc... JellyBean? don't even start to think when this will come to the Note...
    03-15-13 01:26 AM
    Pretty sure that Samsung has got a winner for the Android market here. The spec sheet is pretty interesting (esp. the screen and the polycarbonate body) and the fact that Samsung devices can be dev unlocked means that a lot of aftermarket ROM's should be available for it shortly after release. That along with the improvements in the software as well as the number of apps available for it should keep Samsung at the top of the Android food chain. I would say that Samsung has followed up the GS3 with another great device.

I think the masses will purchase the GS4 in droves over the BB devices. I think the Z10 (or Q10) will appeal to older BB owners or for folks that have got tired of Android/iPhone and want a change. I suspect the vast majority of folks looking for a new smartphone do not fall into this category - most just want to use whatever apps (Instagram etc.) they need on their platform.
    But Dr you have to understand that spec sheet is not everything. Whatever the hardware specs of the device, the user is ultimately concerned with the over all usability of the phone. Android phones need such high specs in order to operate the OS, and still the phones lag, and boy do they lag. And evern after installing the aftermarket roms the android phones are not at par with the current BB OS on Z10, and to think this is the first generation OS from BB. Just think what they will do some time down the line when the first gen OS is so good. Z10 is sheer speed, there is absolutely no lag, and I have been a long time Android user so I can say by experience that the current BB OS is far better than the Android. As far as apps are concerned, they are coming. Look at Whatsapp's case, they had said initially that they will not be releasing an app for Blackberry, but I am guessing that looking at the public response to the BB Z10, they released the app and it runs like a dream. Similarly other apps will also come. And the bonus is that the android apps can also be sideloaded. Agreed that at present it is a bit tedious process to side load android apps and the common phone user will have some, and I repeat some problem with it, but I am sure very soon someone or the other will develop a new easier process for the same. So you see, BB users have the BB apps and the android apps too, so apps will not be a problem.
    Regarding the issue that only the old BB users will go for the Z10, reports from all over the world are saying that many IOS and Android users are shifting to BB after seeing the performance of the device. I am one of them, and I can say confidently that this was not a wrong decision of mine to shift to the Z10, as its a sheer delight to use this phone.

All said, Samsung will definitely stay at the top of the Android food chain, but I think from now on for some time there will not be a clear cut king of the smartphone market with the introduction of the new BB. Again I say that ppl want change from the IOS and Android, and BB is here to serve that purpose.
    Dapper37, EsJayDee, SDTRMG and 2 others like this.
    03-15-13 01:49 AM
    And to support my claim check this article

Nearly Half Of BlackBerry Z10 Buyers Switching From iPhone And Android http://www.forbes.com/sites/afonteve...e-and-android/

Posted via CB10
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    03-15-13 02:20 AM
    And to support my claim check this article

Nearly Half Of BlackBerry Z10 Buyers Switching From iPhone And Android http://www.forbes.com/sites/afonteve...e-and-android/

Posted via CB10
    Including myself

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9300 met Tapatalk
    SDTRMG likes this.
    03-15-13 02:21 AM
    Including myself

And I am sure u are not having any regrets shifting, right?

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG likes this.
    03-15-13 02:44 AM
    I'm waiting for the 16 core S5, it's going to be so fast, can't wait to play Angry Birds on it.

Posted via CB10
    critanime, doui, R Field and 4 others like this.
    03-15-13 02:51 AM
    But Dr you have to understand that spec sheet is not everything. Whatever the hardware specs of the device, the user is ultimately concerned with the over all usability of the phone.
    I do understand that the spec sheet is not everything. However, combine that with Samsung's marketing muscle and you will see a lot more folks adopt the GS4 because of the "higher spec" hardware and a more mature OS.

So you see, BB users have the BB apps and the android apps too, so apps will not be a problem.
    And the sideloading of Android apps is a copout - if I indeed had to run Android apps, why would I not choose an Android phone to run it on?

As much as I like my Z10, I do understand that it is deficient in quite a few areas. I am willing to give the OS time to mature, but I'm not sure everybody is willing to give it a chance. Why would they? Get a phone that does what you want today vs waiting weeks/months for apps to come.

And as for the "lag" issues on the Android (esp. JellyBean), I think most users do not see a lag on the GS3's. I think the clear cut king of the smartphone market title is shared between Apple iPhone 5 and Samsung GS3 (and GS4 shortly) with the Z10 relegated to a distant third place.
    21stNow likes this.
    03-15-13 02:54 AM
    S3 have lots of laggy things ....btw just saw a first hands on from the S4...also lag ! Just one question how much time takes the Z10 to open up contacts ? My S3 (that i am still using as we speak ) takes about 3 sec :banghead:

03-15-13 03:07 AM
    YAY!!! Now my apps will run .000001 seconds faster! Though it's humanly impossible to perceive, I'll be sure to keep a stop watch handy to point out to nearby friends (in reality, knowing Android, it will probably be slower top open most apps than BB10, iOS, WP8, etc. anyways)
    Seriously, this is so pointless considering all apps/games will be made to support as big of a market as possible, and will therefore target MUCH lower end devices -.- I guess Samsung fans will fall for this crap though.
    P.S. Pentile display isn't really 1080p when it has 30% less subpixels than a real 1080p display...

...Seriously, the Galaxy S4 is the biggest gimmick in recent tech history. The fact that Samsung spends nearly half a billion $ on marketing in the US alone should say volumes about their business strategy.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    03-15-13 03:13 AM
    I do understand that the spec sheet is not everything. However, combine that with Samsung's marketing muscle and you will see a lot more folks adopt the GS4 because of the "higher spec" hardware and a more mature OS.

And the sideloading of Android apps is a copout - if I indeed had to run Android apps, why would I not choose an Android phone to run it on?

As much as I like my Z10, I do understand that it is deficient in quite a few areas. I am willing to give the OS time to mature, but I'm not sure everybody is willing to give it a chance. Why would they? Get a phone that does what you want today vs waiting weeks/months for apps to come.

And as for the "lag" issues on the Android (esp. JellyBean), I think most users do not see a lag on the GS3's. I think the clear cut king of the smartphone market title is shared between Apple iPhone 5 and Samsung GS3 (and GS4 shortly) with the Z10 relegated to a distant third place.
    But the people who do see the lag are the frustrated ones and are sick of it. My friends S3 is so slow in launching certain apps like the contacts and dial pad that he's looking closely at my Z10 because let's be real here, the Z10 is almost lag-less and I'm sure it will be phenomenal even just after the OS 10.1 update.

My brother who also owns a curve despises BlackBerry but uses it for work was also silent and didn't mention one negative comment while using my phone as he was watched his personal phone (S3) being hit with the "Sudden death syndrome." He also moans and complains about lag and general slowness.

As a "marketing test", I even let him install my screen protector over night as I had work the next day and it was clear he had gone through a lot on my phone and even helped himself with opening a new IinkedIn account

I have yet to show one person my phone that has said anything negative about it. In fact they were all impressed by how smooth it was and how quick you can get things done. Will every impressed person buy it? Probably not. Has this phone raised positive awareness? Absolutely and I think BlackBerry are really onto something here and the Z10 was a huge stride for BlackBerry.
    critanime, EsJayDee, zyad and 2 others like this.
    03-15-13 03:14 AM
    @Dr Bombay
    And your using data based on what? Current sales? The obviously yes they are going to be the clear cut kings at the moment simply because they have been on sale the longest. Doesn't take a genius to work that out really considering the z10 has only been on sale for a short amount of time. As for maturity then again BB10 has only been on sale for a short amount of time. It takes time, just like it did for android and ios, before you reach what some consider maturity. Pitting this against ios or android when they were first released then bb10 shows a great deal of maturity. It's far too early to be saying anything like the z10 is not even in the competition, which you are implying, compared to the rest of the market.

The SG4 is not a major leap forward and if anything is following Apple's revision model. It's all shiny shiny without any real substance and I am sure that copy of Angry Birds Star Wars or Candy Crush is going to run oh so better on 8 core processors than it does on a Tegra 3. There is already apathy towards this thing as people, average consumers, can't see the point in the upgrade. Heck if I was still on Android I couldn't justify the upgrade when there will be obvious tariff hikes with carriers on this device.
    03-15-13 03:21 AM
    My point exactly, BlackBerry is here to stay, and stay it will because of the deficiencies of Android which are not present in BlackBerry. And no android phone I have ever seen is lag free as BlackBerry is. But then again, it's everyone's personal opinion, to each his own.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 03:23 AM

Correction- a lot of ppl used to adopt the latest shiny offering from Samsung, mainly because they did not have any option and Iphone is too costly in general. Samsung is the poor man's Iphone after all. But now ppl have a viable option in BlackBerry, so ppl are actually shifting to BlackBerry as per the article I had posted earlier.

Regarding android apps, what i meant earlier was that BlackBerry in itself is self sufficient for most people's needs, and android apps are a bonus. In fact most of the Android apps I have side loaded work faster and smoother than when I used them on my s3.

OS maturity- nothing to say here, just compare the first gen BlackBerry os in z10 with yhe first gen android and ios, everything will be clear. But the point here is that even first gen qnx os is better than the current android release.

Lag- ur seriously misinformed if ur saying s3 did not lag. I had an s3 which died due to the sudden death syndrome, and it did lag pretty heavily, and that when I had flashed the lightest available rim in xda. BlackBerry Z10 is far better than s3 imo.

Again, who will rule the smartphone market only time will tell, but the tides are favoring BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    03-15-13 03:38 AM
    Btw s4 has also a work and private option ...thiefs

... Not only that but they also have the story mode for pictures and screen share...

I'm a little impressed by the features of the s4 i have to say... I think there is a lot good use that can come from creating your own gifs, adding audio to pics, and the universal remote feature. Personally, i'm waiting on the z10 cause i don't think a 5 inch screen would fit nicely in my pocket. Curious how long the battery would last on that thing...The s4 will undoubtedly cost an arm and a leg and by the time the price comes down blackberry would have unveiled one of the other 6 phones they have planned that will probably do everything the s4 can do...only better.
    03-15-13 03:44 AM
370 1234 ...