Hi all,
    I discovered a really interesting solution of tranfrering files without clouds using my s4 as an ftp server is that possible with Z 10.?

I'm not using the s4 stock os neither the original android one

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 06:55 PM
    Just search ftp in blackberry world.

I use bgshellplus, but it no longer seems to be there. It is a command line interface, which most people probably rather not deal with.

Note you really want SFTP, not FTP. FTP sends your password credentials in the clear.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 07:57 PM
    Oh thank you so much, if you own a blackberry it's all about security and anonymousity

I think I will look for the most suitable apk to bar down

Ftp or sftp transfer it's pretty awesome when you run multiple virtual machine and you cannot upload nothing on cloud or stuff like that.

The data will be transfer only via Wi Fi in a secured and / or encrypted environment.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 08:08 PM
    The Z10 has samba support built in, so if you're transferring files on a local network, you can always just use an app like Ghost Commander to transfer files from the device to another computer, or a standard file browser on a computer to transfer to the Z10.
    10-14-13 08:17 PM
    Can you elaborate about the z10 samba? I know what samba is, but I'm not really sure how the z10 uses it. To be honest, I avoid a lot of the "remote" features of the z10 because I have little faith in windows security. But if the z10 does samba, I could use it on a linux server.

I see ghost commander does SFTP, so I suppose that is a good place for the OP to start.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 01:08 AM
    I use Playcloud, works flawlessly!

Posted via CB10
    nicklas79 likes this.
    10-15-13 02:05 AM
    I use Playcloud, works flawlessly!

Posted via CB10
    I did have not doubt about it.

The aim of point though was "transfer without clouds " would you give to stranger the token of your bank?

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 07:17 AM
    There are multiple apk to convert for ftp sftp ( which now I prefer) that can be used with windows or better Linux server

Cloud it's alright for music and picture ( maybe)

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 07:19 AM
    I did not have not doubts about it.

The point though ,was " files transfer without clouds " would you give to a stranger the token of your bank?

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 05:45 PM
    For samba support, by turning on wifi file sharing, under Storage and Access in Settings will allow you to set a user name and password to access the folders on the handset and SD card as samba shares. I use it all the time to connect to my samba server running Ubuntu Server (and connected to Active Directory) and it works like a charm. I generally use Ghost Commander to do the transfer since it supports so many different protocols.

The samba version on BB10 and the PlayBook also allow you to use NTLMv2 only for samba, which is about as secure as it will get for SMB/CIFS.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 07:03 PM
    Just search ftp in blackberry world.

I use bgshellplus, but it no longer seems to be there. It is a command line interface, which most people probably rather not deal with.

Note you really want SFTP, not FTP. FTP sends your password credentials in the clear.

Posted via CB10
    Is this what you are looking for?

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/19204890

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 07:30 PM
    That is the one I use. But ghost commander sounds like it is a bit easier to use.

The BG Shell Plus let's you do a little QNX hacking. You can really probe the OS.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-13 07:24 PM
    I use playcloud

Posted via CB10
    10-16-13 07:56 PM
    BTW, you can run ifconfig right from the BG Shell plus. QNX isn't exactly linux, but many of the commands are the same.

Perhaps I wasn't clear, but BG Shell Plus just gives you a shell on which you can enter command lines. Handy for hacking, but lots of people don't like command lines.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-13 06:08 PM