I have a blackberry Z10 Smartphone STL100-1, which is about 4 months old. Two days back I had switched it off and when I tried switching it ON it was stuck at the boot screen.

Frozen Boot Up Screen On Blackberry Z10-screenshots_2014-11-15-23-42-20.png

It was stuck in that mode for hours, yet it could not boot. Whenever I tried to restart , my phone met the same fate.Another thing -- I cannot switch off my phone, whenever I do that it just restarts and gets stuck in the boot screen and continues to be in that state until it drains it's battery completely.So the only way to switch off my phone is by doing a battery pull.The last software update was done about few weeks back from the mobile itself.

I looked up the internet for a solution and the most common solution was to go for a software update.Blackberry link does not recognize my device after this boot problem, hence I went for the update from the web, using Internet Explorer . The update started but could not complete and gave the following error message-- "There was an error updating your software".I tried to update it a few more times but that was of no use.

Frozen Boot Up Screen On Blackberry Z10-blackberry-1.png

It would be great if anyone can post a possible solution to this problem.I would like to love to have my phone working again.
    11-15-14 12:16 PM
    Can you download the proper OS for your phone from the leaked OS thread? Then cable up to your PC and run an autoloader? Would these things work for you? If they do, then you can load a new OS and set up your phone again.
    AbhishekSingh21 likes this.
    11-15-14 12:38 PM
    If it's Frozen, let it go...

I'll get my coat.

Grab an autoloader, double click. When it's waiting for connection connect the phone and turn it on. Profit.

I wish I could afford the Z10 upgrade
    11-15-14 12:44 PM
    Thank You for your reply, I will be trying as you have suggested and will be posting the outcomes here.
    11-15-14 12:50 PM
    Try BBLink again. BUT this time remove the battery and keep it removed as you attach the usb cable and run Link. Similarly, with an autoloader, try with and withOUT the battery.
    11-15-14 05:51 PM
    Bro try autoloader..after update with wifi(if update available any more).

Second solution.

Go to service centre if you have warranty.. they won't charge for it.

Autoloader available for 10.2..... don't use 10.3 autoloader....its make your phone as toy

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 10:28 PM
    Can you download the proper OS for your phone from the leaked OS thread? Then cable up to your PC and run an autoloader? Would these things work for you? If they do, then you can load a new OS and set up your phone again.
    I tried doing the update using Sachesi. It downloaded the files and saved it in a folder named 10.2.1.3062. But for installing the Sachesi app did not recognize my device.It showed this screen.

Frozen Boot Up Screen On Blackberry Z10-blackberry-2.png

I restarted my computer.but the issue still remained the same.I guess I have to try out the autoloader thing. But is there a way, I can use my already downloaded 1.15 GB of BAR files (from Sachesi )? Or do I have to download the entire thing all over again?

And there seems to a be a lot of places where I can download this Autoloader.It would be nice if someone could post a link for my Blackberry Z10 STL100-1
    11-16-14 06:39 AM
    Bro try autoloader..after update with wifi(if update available any more).

Second solution.

Go to service centre if you have warranty.. they won't charge for it.

Autoloader available for 10.2..... don't use 10.3 autoloader....its make your phone as toy

Posted via CB10
    I did not read your post and and unfortunately downloaded the 10.3 autoloader!! What could be the problems with this version?
    11-16-14 08:00 AM
    Just had the same problem has yours. But mines relatively new and wasn't rebooting when this happened. Solved it with an Autoloader of the 10.3.1 latest leak. Been running the leak for a couple days and the performance is stellar. Just wanted to share, too let you know that you're not the only one

Posted via CB10
    AbhishekSingh21 likes this.
    11-16-14 08:17 AM
    Just had the same problem has yours. But mines relatively new and wasn't rebooting when this happened. Solved it with an Autoloader of the 10.3.1 latest leak. Been running the leak for a couple days and the performance is stellar. Just wanted to share, too let you know that you're not the only one

Posted via CB10
    Did you solve it for STL100-1 by using autoloader of 10.3? Because there are recommendations not to use that for my version?
    11-16-14 08:34 AM
    Did you solve it for STL100-1 by using autoloader of 10.3? Because there are recommendations not to use that for my version?
    Yeah solved it with the autoloader. U could use the latest leak, which is the most stable among the leaks in my opinion, or u could just take the official 10.2 and run it. It should work.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-14 08:53 AM