Okay so this is really bothering me because I see this on threads all the time. He returned his Z10 because he said it was too complicated and he couldn't figure it out. The part that bothers me is that for the last 4 years I've had to listen to people whine about the lack of innovation by BlackBerry. Now they innovate and people suddenly become absolute morons and can't figure our 3 swipe gestures and miss their home button. People can't have it both ways. You can't talk about lack of innovation then complain about some perceived difficulty of use when innovation comes. It's not rocket science. And now I'm seeing threads talking about returns out stripping sales. Is it just me or are the few of us who use this phone and can figure it out the smartest people on Earth? Anyways that's my rant because I'm really frustrated with all the contradictions.

Posted via CB10
    diggle, SK122387, cman5 and 11 others like this.
    04-11-13 11:44 AM
    I know people who've returned iPhones too. The phone isn't going to be for everyone, I wouldn't let it bother you.
    04-11-13 11:47 AM
    How long did he have it? Did he do any research and/or know much about the Z10, or was it an impulse buy? What phone is he coming from?

I finally got to handle a Z10 last night. It's different, not complicated, but we all have different comfort levels. Unfortunately, I have to wait until I'm comfortable paying for a larger data plan.
    04-11-13 11:53 AM
    He had it for a for 5 days. He is coming from the torch and s3 (work phone).

Posted via CB10
    brian_peterson likes this.
    04-11-13 11:55 AM
    I feel like there is a fixation on buttons now. It is the norm. Perhaps if Apple imposed the Z10 swiping to navigate their first iPhone and Blackberry introduced the button to the world this late in the game people would probably freak out about it. "OMG! Like, what am I supposed to do with this button thing?" People are creatures of habit that don't always welcome change just for the mere concept of change. Blackberry has been out of the game for a long time. Long enough for a few swipes to navigate through the OS to seem impossibly foreign to them. I feel as if it will grow on them in time, but not in 2 months.

Posted via CB10
    j21jam6 and teafordgang like this.
    04-11-13 11:55 AM
    He had a s3 and can't figure out four swipe gestures? Lol...

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    RazzBerry, kbz1960 and cman5 like this.
    04-11-13 11:56 AM
    I feel like there is a fixation on buttons now. It is the norm. Perhaps if Apple imposed the Z10 swiping to navigate their first iPhone and Blackberry introduced the button to the world this late in the game people would probably freak out about it. "OMG! Like, what am I supposed to do with this button thing?" People are creatures of habit that don't always welcome change just for the mere concept of change. Blackberry has been out of the game for a long time. Long enough for a few swipes to navigate through the OS to seem impossibly foreign to them. I feel as if it will grow on them in time, but not in 2 months.

Posted via CB10
    I agree that people are creatures of habit but since that is the case, then don't complain about lack of innovation if you won't learn how to use it.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 11:57 AM
    He had a s3 and can't figure out four swipe gestures? Lol...

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    Exactly

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 11:57 AM
    I returned an Android phone last year because I could not seem to figure it out. Truth is, I never was all that motivated to work through the widgets etc. In other words I really didn't try to get comfortable with the platform. It was not because I am too dumb to figure it out; it was simply a lack of interest in learning.

With regard to the Z10, I was completely motivated to learn how to use the platform. That is because I want BlackBerry to succeed. So learning the system was extremely easy for me to learn. It was a joy learning something new!

While I don't know the OP's friend, perhaps motivation is the real reason he couldn't figure it out. It sounds like he simply didn't want to.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 12:39 PM
    I returned an Android phone last year because I could not seem to figure it out. Truth is, I never was all that motivated to work through the widgets etc. In other words I really didn't try to get comfortable with the platform. It was not because I am too dumb to figure it out; it was simply a lack of interest in learning.

With regard to the Z10, I was completely motivated to learn how to use the platform. That is because I want BlackBerry to succeed. So learning the system was extremely easy for me to learn. It was a joy learning something new!

While I don't know the OP's friend, perhaps motivation is the real reason he couldn't figure it out. It sounds like he simply didn't want to.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed. Learning requires an emotional imperative.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    j21jam6 likes this.
    04-11-13 12:50 PM
    My fiance has her 4S and she said she didn't like my Z10 because it didn't have a home button and was confusing.

A couple days ago she was swiping all over the place >_>

It's not difficult to learn and while they(and I'm doing a blanket statement here, sorry) say it is too confusing, I really think that they just prefer the home button because it is familiar and they don't want to stray outside their comfort zone.
    cman5 and kbz1960 like this.
    04-11-13 12:58 PM
    So I have to ask the question regarding positive reviews. Are most of these written by the same BBRY fanatics that voted the Super Bowl commercial #1 and voted BBRY top stock pick in the CNBC tournament? If so, then they are not representative and is why as an investor I’m a bit scared and confused.
    04-11-13 01:05 PM
    Innovation requires learning curve. Adults do not have the mind of a little child. A little child can press a button, it can't be hard for an adult to more than press a home button. An adults perspective and functionality can't be as limited as a child. When people don't spend time to learn and adapt, I guess their capabilities are limited to those of a child...

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 01:10 PM
    Time for a new friend lol Jk. In all seriousness though if you can't be bothered to learn a new platform don't buy a new product.
    04-11-13 01:13 PM
    And how is it discussing politics with your friend? Can he provide his own thoughts or does he just "parrot" back what CNN has reported?
    You know him better than I do. Is he intelligent or not?
    To me, I make my own decisions and I do not base them on my friends wants, needs or abilities (or lack thereof). IMHO
    04-11-13 01:27 PM
    And how is it discussing politics with your friend? Can he provide his own thoughts or does he just "parrot" back what CNN has reported?
    You know him better than I do. Is he intelligent or not?
    To me, I make my own decisions and I do not base them on my friends wants, needs or abilities (or lack thereof). IMHO
    On believe I don't base anything on what my friends think. And yes he is an intelligent person but obviously impatient and lazy.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 01:39 PM
    Sometimes change can be difficult. Prior to buying my Z10 my girlfriend bought me an android device. I hated it from word go. I used it for about five weeks or so, and everyday all I did was complain as I compared it to my BlackBerry experience. Thinking back to my use of that phone I never gave it a real chance because it wasn't what I wanted nor was it what I was use to. Fact is I Dislike android devices and like apple products even less. I could care less about anyone's opinion in regards to the products I spend my hard earned dollars on. I choose BlackBerry because it works for me and it's what I'm comfortable with. Besides, I love comeback stories and without fail I always root for the underdog. Go BlackBerry Go!

Sent from my loooong waited for BlackBerry Z10
    YYZ_AKS and teafordgang like this.
    04-11-13 01:40 PM
    Each to their own...

Posted via Navi's CB10
    04-11-13 01:43 PM
    Okay so this is really bothering me because I see this on threads all the time. He returned his Z10 because he said it was too complicated and he couldn't figure it out. The part that bothers me is that for the last 4 years I've had to listen to people whine about the lack of innovation by BlackBerry. Now they innovate and people suddenly become absolute morons and can't figure our 3 swipe gestures and miss their home button. People can't have it both ways. You can't talk about lack of innovation then complain about some perceived difficulty of use when innovation comes. It's not rocket science. And now I'm seeing threads talking about returns out stripping sales. Is it just me or are the few of us who use this phone and can figure it out the smartest people on Earth? Anyways that's my rant because I'm really frustrated with all the contradictions.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry to say this but this appears to be the problem with Americans only. I didn't hear about steep learning curve for using z10 before it got released in the states. I had heard of Americans being dumb but seriously, are they that dumb?
    04-11-13 02:05 PM
    I personally think they should have introduced this new concept slowly. Maybe with a back button, one almost like the Galaxy 3 has, you dont see it until you need (Hard to explain it if you don't know). Not so based on gestures, but had some. Maybe just introduce the peak feature first and the gesture for that first. Get it introduced to the people....then the next phone if the audience likes the gesture bring in more gestures. I had a post how, although I did not find it difficult, that I truly thought some people would and find it a little overwhelming. And despite everyone on the board who thinks the phone is pretty close to perfect...there are just to many bugs still out there that people are complaining about, so I don't doubt the rumors that phones are being returned. I loved it and can't wait until things are fixed up...but I returned mine in the meantime. The lags....the sideloading not working great with Verizon, no email icon, 30 days of email, the lacking of profile editing, the crashes...etc. All thing which will be fixed in time, but should have been prior to the already delayed launch.
    04-11-13 02:14 PM
    Sounds like an excuse for him to return it
    I don't see how he still couldn't figure it out in 5 days.

Posted via Crackberry Z10
    04-11-13 02:22 PM
    Sorry to say this but this appears to be the problem with Americans only. I didn't hear about steep learning curve for using z10 before it got released in the states. I had heard of Americans being dumb but seriously, are they that dumb?
    hey this is hillarious! ok, i'm a retailer in Jakarta. when ppl come to my shop & ask. is Z10 good. I look @ their appearance & estimate the age. under 40, i would say "DAMN GOOD, here you can try our store unit". over 40yrs old "Hmm, you should try it yourself, typing is much better than iphone IMO"

normally the 40++ would show 'how da f*k do i open up this thing' kinda face.
    it's age related i guess
    anon(153966) likes this.
    04-11-13 02:22 PM
    Tell him a 7 year old girl learned how to use BB10 in about 30 seconds. I showed my daughter once so she can play a game on it and now she is a pro. Swipe up to turn it on, swipe left to go through the apps, press on the icon of the game she wants to play and she is off to the races. My teenaged daughter has one now and she has never had to asked me how to do something. It is obviously intuitive to those with an open mind.
    lakes76, R Field and cman5 like this.
    04-11-13 02:24 PM
    Looks like the in and out paradigm of apple has made people dumb

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 02:47 PM
    Looks like the in and out paradigm of apple has made people dumb

Posted via CB10
    Exactly my point. "If there ain't no button on it then it's broked!"

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 02:51 PM
43 12