Hi,

Has anybody got any suggestions to free up some storage? I have less than a gigabyte left so will no doubt run out by Christmas.

I have my photos and videos saved to external storage.

Can app data be transferred or can I delete a game I have paid for and reinstall in the future at no extra cost. If I reinstall will my saved games be lost?

Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-13 05:37 PM
    Hi Oystersourced,

anything you purchased is linked to your BBID. If you use the same BBID, you can uninstall/reinstall without any problems. One thing though, when you delete the app or game through BB World, make sure to choose uninstall, NOT delete.

As for saved games, I can't tell you for sure, but I think it might depend on the game... surely someone else will be able to give you a more definitive answer though
    12-07-13 07:15 PM
    Thank you, so you would recommend uninstalling from BlackBerry World and not using the trash icon on the homescreen?

I feel it should be up to app developers to enable you to choose where to store it's files.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-13 07:18 PM
    I would... sometimes people have 'phantom apps' after deleting them with the trash icon. You know, they still see the app icon after rebooting, even though it was deleted. Nothing a hard reboot can't fix, but since I never had the issue uninstalling apps through BB World (the old way) I prefer that.
    12-07-13 07:21 PM
    Thank you for your advice.

Posted via CB10
    VeniceBB likes this.
    12-07-13 07:29 PM
    For example I deleted Minion Rush the other day and I lost my saved game.. so I think it's the same for any other game

Postes via CB10 on my Z10
    12-07-13 07:30 PM
    For example I deleted Minion Rush the other day and I lost my saved game.. so I think it's the same for any other game

Postes via CB10 on my Z10
    Thank you for the warning, this is something I really would not want to do and would appreciate the ability to hold save files on external storage.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-13 07:38 PM
    Thank you for the warning, this is something I really would not want to do and would appreciate the ability to hold save files on external storage.

Posted via CB10
    Someone with more knowledge of the Link Backup/Restore might be able to tell you if GAME progress is saved/restored when saving Settings.
    12-07-13 08:37 PM