12-09-13 01:05 PM
196 ... 45678
tools
    Short sighted sir.
    The software is a leak. It will become real.
    When it becomes real we will see a better vision of what BB has to offer. Two apps that I have been working hard to get working are instantly usable now. The APIs are opening it would seem. Access to Gplay is a nono right now, that's OK. Other app stores are there right now.
    Don't look at today... Today is a proof of concept, and it works. Look at tomorrow... the possibilities... Watch ART replace the Dalvik runtime.
    Think about an alternative app store pre-installed on a stock BB10 device...
    Interesting.
    Couldn't have said it better myself. Bring on ART

Posted via CB10
    11-29-13 10:18 PM
    Sorry I missed all the fun been researching issues I'm having with my s3 again.

Oh, um sorry wrong forum Hahahaha this the BlackBerry site I should be on AC to do my research on the s3

Wait, what? Android is perfect when you load a leaked beta OS so everything works perfectly. Good to know.

Carry On!!!

Squricle of Trust Group Co-Founder | Owner In_loco_nomen Squricle of Trust Channel | Channel PIN C00120C87
    bradu1 and Crackberrykills like this.
    11-29-13 10:26 PM
    Sorry I missed all the fun been researching issues I'm having with my s3 again.

Oh, um sorry wrong forum Hahahaha this the BlackBerry site I should be on AC to do my research on the s3

Wait, what? Android is perfect when you load a leaked beta OS so everything works perfectly. Good to know.

Carry On!!!

Squricle of Trust Group Co-Founder | Owner In_loco_nomen Squricle of Trust Channel | Channel PIN C00120C87
    Exactly! Get your new phone, root it, mod it, change everything, now fix what you've changed, now find an app that supports your device, and once your done, go brag that you have that app native. Good job! Welcome to android!!

#IchooseBlackberry10 (BBM#25)
    11-29-13 10:30 PM
    Well that makes one of us. I'll never go android again.

Hope you get it and enjoy it though. And hopefully it will be your second phone with your BlackBerry as your primary. :-)

I'm not in any hurry to get one, I just want one. Right now if I were to replace my Z10 it would probably be for a Z30. Android's biggest pull for me is Google Play services, for things like reporting map errors; I can't do that from my BlackBerry running Google maps.

Posted via CB10, Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.1055
    11-29-13 10:30 PM
    I'm not in any hurry to get one, I just want one. Right now if I were to replace my Z10 it would probably be for a Z30. Android's biggest pull for me is Google Play services, for things like reporting map errors; I can't do that from my BlackBerry running Google maps.

On a serious note:

What is this

"reporting map errors"

of which you speak?

11-29-13 10:41 PM
    They older Androids? S3, S4, Notes, HTC One and Nexus-class are pretty zippy.

I had a nexus 4, S2x, S2lte,
    11-29-13 10:49 PM
    I had bag phone

Crackberrykills likes this.
    11-29-13 10:55 PM
    I had bag phone

Lmao!!!!

in_loco_nomen likes this.
    11-29-13 10:58 PM
    Why do so may users hate BlackBerry with a vengeance. My brother has a GS4 and loves my new Z30, will be moving back to big BlackBerry on next upgrade.

X
    Omnitech likes this.
    11-29-13 11:05 PM
    Why do so may users hate BlackBerry with a vengeance. My brother has a GS4 and loves my new Z30, will be moving back to big BlackBerry on next upgrade.

X
    I think because BlackBerry refused to restore the Squircle.

11-29-13 11:31 PM
    that didn't come running android
    I had bag phone

11-30-13 12:04 AM
    I had bag phone

Lmao. Bahahaha. Holy crap. So did I

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.xxxx member/co-founder Berryleaks. From CB10. My channel C000B3B57. Team channel C00032537
    11-30-13 12:12 AM
    Lmao. Bahahaha. Holy crap. So did I

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.xxxx member/co-founder Berryleaks. From CB10. My channel C000B3B57. Team channel C00032537
    Wow, you and Loco are ancient. Hee.
    11-30-13 12:13 AM

get this then http://forums.crackberry.com/app-ann...e-maps-867955/
    11-30-13 12:28 AM
    On a serious note:

What is this

"reporting map errors"

of which you speak?

That's when Google needs to be informed of anomalies and or errors. Like when they didn't know my entire apartment complex existed until I told them, or when they had my last address wrong (house numbers incorrect) or when a bridge that was closed for months due to flooding had been open for three weeks but they were detouring people 27 miles around it - in each case I clicked "report a problem" and in about a week they were corrected.

11-30-13 01:07 AM
    I had a nexus 4, S2x, S2lte,
    Ah. Perhaps there's a line for how well or not they run - about a year out or so. I'm no expert, just basing it on the devices I've actually gotten my hands on.

11-30-13 01:12 AM
    Ah. Perhaps there's a line for how well or not they run - about a year out or so. I'm no expert, just basing it on the devices I've actually gotten my hands on.

You forget that the device that people are explaining here runs those apps so smoothly - is continuously derided from the Android partisans and spec hounds for being "2 year old technology" even when it was released.

Strange how that now "2.75-year-old-technology" is running Android apps better than dedicated Android devices that are newer than that.

That said, there are certainly limitations in the BB10 Android runtime. But the fact it does what it does at all, is amazing and there is NO OTHER SMARTPHONE PLATFORM IN THE WORLD that has that dual-OS capability built-in.

No it isn't "better than any other Android device at being an Android". But the entire platform certainly is. There is really no dispute on that point.

We now return you to your regularly-scheduled flaming.
    11-30-13 04:59 AM
    @omnitech <3

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 05:18 AM
    61$ and a turkey plus some pancakes

Posted via BlackBerry Q5
    11-30-13 05:20 AM
    Wah wah wah.

Posted via CB10
    This is half of what is wrong with BlackBerry. The pathetic community who instead of offering solutions, remains in some sort of convoluted state of denial. Your platform is failing because of apps or lack thereof, but you ridicule people who tried the platform but didn't get the apps they needed? Show me another community that trolls their own in such a way. Especially when 99% of mobile users have come to agree.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using CB Forums mobile app
    amjass12 likes this.
    11-30-13 05:23 AM
    Your platform is failing because of apps or lack thereof, but you ridicule people who tried the platform but didn't get the apps they needed? Show me another community that trolls their own in such a way.

That's kind of funny. The fact that there are so many people here who, as you admit, don't even use the platform any more yet come here to troll the discussion forums by bashing the platform anyway.

That is - uh - pretty much the definition of "troll": going to places designed around a product you don't even use, simply to wind people up - whereas what you are calling "troll" is not anything related to what that term actually means.

Especially when 99% of mobile users have come to agree.

On the basis of that comment alone I don't see how anyone can take anything you write seriously.
    11-30-13 05:32 AM
    Who remembers BlackBerry from back in the day? There were no apps, BlackBerry was purely about email, BBM and the ease of making calls.

I feel this new generation of 'people' are what is driving the need for apps. Seriously we don't need an app for everything you know!
    Thud Hardsmack, eddy_berry and Uzi like this.
    11-30-13 05:34 AM
    You forget that the device that people are explaining here runs those apps so smoothly - is continuously derided from the Android partisans and spec hounds for being "2 year old technology" even when it was released.

Strange how that now "2.75-year-old-technology" is running Android apps better than dedicated Android devices that are newer than that.

That said, there are certainly limitations in the BB10 Android runtime. But the fact it does what it does at all, is amazing and there is NO OTHER SMARTPHONE PLATFORM IN THE WORLD that has that dual-OS capability built-in.

No it isn't "better than any other Android device at being an Android". But the entire platform certainly is. There is really no dispute on that point.

We now return you to your regularly-scheduled flaming.
    You're right, I wasn't thinking about that. I have to admit, I spend little time thinking about what's under the hood of my Z10. Half the time I google the specs when asked about them.

There's an Android nut at work I'm going to have to remember your post for next time he pokes fun at my "old" BlackBerry (it's a friendly thing, we've been doing it for years).

Along with that, I'll have this to show off. Runs just as smooth as any app I have. Practical? Not really. Fun? You bet.

freaking Blackberry ....pathetic Apps-img_00001180.jpgfreaking Blackberry ....pathetic Apps-img_00001179.png
    eddy_berry likes this.
    11-30-13 05:57 AM
    Wah wah wah.

Posted via CB10
    This is half of what is wrong with BlackBerry. The pathetic community who instead of offering solutions, remains in some sort of convoluted state of denial. Your platform is failing because of apps or lack thereof, but you ridicule people who tried the platform but didn't get the apps they needed? Show me another community that trolls their own in such a way. Especially when 99% of mobile users have come to agree.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using CB Forums mobile app
    Fairly sure OP wasn't really looking for help.
    11-30-13 06:02 AM
    I feel if people use device purely because of X app, they shouldn't be allowed to use said mobile. Just saying...

Who on earth spends around $200 or GBP50-100 for a smartphone BECAUSE they can use X app? Honestly... *drops his iPad and walks away*
    Thud Hardsmack and Wigley458 like this.
    11-30-13 06:17 AM
196 ... 45678