Ironically, Major Mayhem worked better on my Z10 than Samsung Galaxy Note.

On 10.1 runtime, no less

Posted via CB10
    and what is your criteria to test that? how to did you come to such a confident conclusion? the answer is you didnt, and no, it does not run better on your z10. im also running 10.2.1 and the android apps (even those that work) are absolutely attrocious to run. forget whats wrong with the app itself... i have to wait about 15 seconds for the android player to load in the first place!!!!
    12-06-13 06:44 AM
    Who remembers BlackBerry from back in the day? There were no apps, BlackBerry was purely about email, BBM and the ease of making calls.

I feel this new generation of 'people' are what is driving the need for apps. Seriously we don't need an app for everything you know!
    there are devices like that today also.. bb10.
    12-06-13 06:47 AM
    Honestly amjass12...
    12-06-13 07:27 AM
    yh emmm, no you dont. i bet your deluded.
    Someone needs to make a youtube video. These android people are tripping out hard.

Or better yet, you try it. The first load of the app is always slower on the BlackBerry that's a given. After that it's either the same or faster then the Nexus 7", tab, SG4 and HTC One rooted and non rooted. Nexus 5 I can see it being faster but I haven't seen a nexus 5 to try it with.

Within some apps there is stutter on android which you don't get on BlackBerry surprisingly. I did put a list of apps and what my Q10 was better in somewhere on these forums.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-13 07:59 AM
    Someone needs to make a youtube video. These android people are tripping out hard.

Posted via CB10
    Yes. There should be a whole "BB10 better Android than Android" video series. Who gets to pick the apps demoed? I have a few...
    12-06-13 08:06 AM

Or better yet, you try it. The first load of the app is always slower on the BlackBerry that's a given. After that it's either the same or faster then the Nexus 7", tab, SG4 and HTC One rooted and non rooted. Nexus 5 I can see it being faster but I haven't seen a nexus 5 to try it with.

Within some apps there is stutter on android which you don't get on BlackBerry surprisingly. I did put a list of apps and what my Q10 was better in somewhere on these forums.

Posted via CB10
    Ok... lol

Posted via CB10
    12-06-13 08:15 AM
    I have plenty of android apps to use for this YouTube video your ant to make. There is absolutely no bias. They are downloaded at random... and take a guess at how they run. ....

Posted via CB10
    12-06-13 08:16 AM
    Lmao. Bahahaha. Holy crap. So did I

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.xxxx member/co-founder Berryleaks. From CB10. My channel C000B3B57. Team channel C00032537
    LOL. Had two.....one for work and one in my red sports car. I went thru my midlife crisis.....in my mid 30's. Now at 50......I'm good.

Posted via CB10
    Wigley458 likes this.
    12-06-13 12:17 PM
    I have plenty of android apps to use for this YouTube video your ant to make. There is absolutely no bias. They are downloaded at random... and take a guess at how they run. ....

Posted via CB10
    I completely understand the rest, but what's the amj stand for?

#IchooseBlackberry10 (BBM#25)
    12-06-13 01:55 PM
    I completely understand the rest, but what's the amj stand for?

So by your insult, you disagree with my comment? Or the truth hurts too much to hear.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-13 02:01 PM
    So by your insult, you disagree with my comment? Or the truth hurts too much to hear.

Posted via CB10
    Just a polite question.

If you read up a few pages we listed apps that work better on BlackBerry than Android. We checked this by comparing them to our android devices. We also said some, not all, and not even the majority. Very simple. You choose not to accept this and make snide comments about it. I don't understand that.

12-06-13 02:10 PM
    Just a polite question.

If you read up a few pages we listed apps that work better on BlackBerry than Android. We checked this by comparing them to our android devices. We also said some, not all, and not even the majority. Very simple. You choose not to accept this and make snide comments about it. I don't understand that.

My comments weren't snide. They were true.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-13 02:33 PM
    My comments weren't snide. They were true.
    And I'm a monkey's uncle.

While I have no doubt that the BB10 Android runtime does not "run apps better in every way than every Android device ever made", I also know that in some cases, it does actually work as well or better than some Android devices, and has its own unique benefits as part of BlackBerry 10 OS.

Let's not stretch the definition of "truth" whenever it's convenient, OK?

i have to wait about 15 seconds for the android player to load in the first place!!!!

Unless you are rebooting your device every hour, that delay (to initialize the Android runtime) only happens ONCE for every time you hard-boot your device and it's hard to imagine how that's going to have much impact on most people. My BB10 devices go days or weeks between reboots.
    bradu1 and Wigley458 like this.
    12-06-13 05:45 PM
    You could give him $75 and it would be worth more than BB will be worth in 10 years.
    12-06-13 08:32 PM
    And I'm a monkey's uncle.

While I have no doubt that the BB10 Android runtime does not "run apps better in every way than every Android device ever made", I also know that in some cases, it does actually work as well or better than some Android devices, and has its own unique benefits as part of BlackBerry 10 OS.

Let's not stretch the definition of "truth" whenever it's convenient, OK?

Unless you are rebooting your device every hour, that delay (to initialize the Android runtime) only happens ONCE for every time you hard-boot your device and it's hard to imagine how that's going to have much impact on most people. My BB10 devices go days or weeks between reboots.
    The answer is still no I'm afraid. The lack of push notifications and bloated screens as well as a lack of recognising touch gestures and apps with half baked features because they are not fully integrated with bb10 such as not being able to connect with the camera is not running an android app better than android phones. This is all the android apps I am using, I am using the big name apps too si how are they running better than android phones?

But if that's acceptable to you then that's fine, as long as your happy with it.

I have restarted my phone couple times after I installed 10.2.1. Haven't rebooted it for a long time now. Android player still taking 15 seconds to boot up. So it doesn't happen only ONCE Does it? Lool.

Coming back on topic, blackberries app selection is pathetic to put it mildly. The android solution is only a way of keeping people like you to stay with BlackBerry.

The average consumer doesn't care for the hassle of two app stores for apps that don't work properly, when they work perfectly on other platforms.

No matter how hard you try to insult me or. Counter my argument, that is the truth. But hey, if thats your coping mechanism...

BlackBerry have to keep trying ( which I am sure they are) to get the big name developers on board.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-13 02:10 AM
    The answer is still no I'm afraid. The lack of push notifications and bloated screens as well as a lack of recognising touch gestures and apps with half baked features because they are not fully integrated with bb10 such as not being able to connect with the camera is not running an android app better than android phones. This is all the android apps I am using, I am using the big name apps too si how are they running better than android phones?

You don't get to pick a few features here and there and a few apps here and there and since it doesn't do everything you want in that tiny subset of cases, pronounce the device "universally inferior".

"Truth" is a high standard if you're claiming to be the representative of it. There are lots of details to concern yourself-with before you have a right to make such all-encompassing claims.

Note that I personally never claimed running Android apps on BB10 was "universally superior in every way" to a dedicated Android device. That's just as silly as your claim. But for many people, using many apps that THEY use, it may actually BE superior. Nuff said. (Yeah and just so's ya know, I've got a couple of Android devices here too)

I have restarted my phone couple times after I installed 10.2.1. Haven't rebooted it for a long time now. Android player still taking 15 seconds to boot up. So it doesn't happen only ONCE Does it? Lool.
    "Lool".

I've never seen this since the day I got my first Z10 the day my carrier started selling them. Neither does it make any sense based on the way the technology is designed. Maybe your device is poorly configured.

[Miscellaneous childish insults and taunting deleted]
    Wigley458 and Kimberella like this.
    12-07-13 03:04 AM
    Hey..
    Anyone know what the last bid was on the device?

12-07-13 03:40 AM
    Hey..
    Anyone know what the last bid was on the device?

Probably way too d*mn high.
    12-07-13 03:43 AM
    You don't get to pick a few features here and there and a few apps here and there and since it doesn't do everything you want in that tiny subset of cases, pronounce the device "universally inferior".

"Truth" is a high standard if you're claiming to be the representative of it. There are lots of details to concern yourself-with before you have a right to make such all-encompassing claims.

Note that I personally never claimed running Android apps on BB10 was "universally superior in every way" to a dedicated Android device. That's just as silly as your claim. But for many people, using many apps that THEY use, it may actually BE superior. Nuff said. (Yeah and just so's ya know, I've got a couple of Android devices here too)

"Lool".

I've never seen this since the day I got my first Z10 the day my carrier started selling them. Neither does it make any sense based on the way the technology is designed. Maybe your device is poorly configured.

[Miscellaneous childish insults and taunting deleted]
    It's not a tiny subset of cases, and yes I expect perfection since I can get perfection on another platform. Before u go insulting, think about it first. This is why blackberry are in the position they r in... Why would u accept a sub standard service? Thats not a solution to the app gap.

I said it's fine that's if people are happy with what they have then fine. But back to the original post. It is a pathetic range of apps that needs to fixed, and android porting is not the solution.

And yes, it does take that long to load. Maybe my device is badly configured, however that may have happened, but it's definitely taking 15 seconds or so to load each time I load an android app.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-13 09:42 AM
    I have Lync 2013 on 10.2.1.1055 loaded via APK. We don?t use any sort of enterprise environment just an office365 login. It works fine for instant messaging but won't work for presentations and conference calls. You end up with errors. This is kind of like Skype where it won't work with bluetooth earpiece. At least these two sort of work where as Microsoft OneNote won't get past the "connecting" status point. BB10 is a very good OS at 10.2.1 and the APK is helping but there is a long way to go. These are serious business apps(this is supposed to be the phone for hyper productive people - right???) and for people to say with APK there is no app gap is just ridiculous. The apps need to work properly not just be there.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 09:31 AM
    I have Lync 2013 on 10.2.1.1055 loaded via APK. [...]

This is kind of like Skype where it won't work with bluetooth earpiece. At least these two sort of work where as Microsoft OneNote won't get past the "connecting" status point.

That's interesting because the initial test I did with my BT headset and Skype running under 10.2.1.1055 seemed to work OK. Maybe I need to test some more.

What kind of problems are you seeing?
    12-09-13 01:05 PM
196 ... 678