I blew the mind of the Tim Hortons employee this morning laying for my order via my phone. It was rather funny but it makes me wonder why more of the employees don't know of this or aren't told that they will be accepting this as a form of payment. I know it is still a pilot program for the time being.

Posted by my Z30 via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    12-29-13 07:21 AM
    I'm usually freaked out by Starbucks baristas. I often find them being too nice. Creepy nice.

Posted via CB10
    They're simply seeking someone to marry them and rescue them from life as a barista. That or they're hoping for a bigger tip.

Posted via the BlackBerry Q5 using CB10.
    12-29-13 08:11 AM
    I blew the mind of the Tim Hortons employee this morning laying for my order via my phone. It was rather funny but it makes me wonder why more of the employees don't know of this or aren't told that they will be accepting this as a form of payment. I know it is still a pilot program for the time being.

I completely agree.
    It's almost like management was kept in the dark about this.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-13 08:35 AM
    Tap and pay is more and more places. Local gas station...tap pump....two tap terminals inside on the counter. Bell and Telus will be rolling out their new NFC SIM cards in the next few months and this will enable Mastercard and Visa in your phone. This is going to explode next year. NFC baby!
    https://mobility.telus.com/en/BC/SIM...o-004366.shtml
    12-29-13 08:49 AM

It's not a pilot program. You are thinking of the barcode pilot program in the Niagara area Tims for iPhones and some Androids without NFC.
    12-29-13 10:15 AM
    It's not a pilot program. You are thinking of the barcode pilot program in the Niagara area Tims for iPhones and some Androids without NFC.
    My bad, the way I read things in the press release in the link on Tim Hortons' BBM channel made me think that it was a pilot program. The reason I thought as such is because in the four times I have gone to use my phone as the payment method, it didn't work. I now blame it on the terminal not being updated to work properly with the NFC payment option.

Won't the bar code method mean having to get additional hardware at each of the terminals? I haven't seen any bar code readers at most Tim Hortons that I have gone to.

12-29-13 10:24 AM
    Won't the bar code method mean having to get additional hardware at each of the terminals? I haven't seen any bar code readers at most Tim Hortons that I have gone to.
    Yes it will, that is why its only being rolled out in a few select Niagara region stores.
    12-29-13 11:06 AM
    I just gotta LOL at the thread title and "barista" like that's somehow an actual profession. In 5-10 years when the hipster fad is over and the coffee shops are all gone, I'm gonna laugh at people when they try to get a job with "barista" on their resume.
    12-29-13 02:51 PM
    I just gotta LOL at the thread title and "barista" like that's somehow an actual profession. In 5-10 years when the hipster fad is over and the coffee shops are all gone, I'm gonna laugh at people when they try to get a job with "barista" on their resume.
    Some of them are quite artistic. As for fad, well, maybe, but it has been going strong for 20 or more years now. Obviously, it is not your CUP OF TEA!!!
    pmccartney and BigAl_BB9900 like this.
    12-29-13 06:35 PM
    When I click on the link that takes me to BlackBerry World on my Z10. It says the app is unavailable for my device. Is this because I don't have the Rogers sure tap SIM card inserted yet? Plan on switching over from Koodo.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-14 04:12 AM
    When I click on the link that takes me to BlackBerry World on my Z10. It says the app is unavailable for my device. Is this because I don't have the Rogers sure tap SIM card inserted yet? Plan on switching over from Koodo.

Posted via CB10
    No you don't need the NFC SIM as that is only required for secure banking mobile payments.
    01-11-14 11:28 AM
    No you don't need the NFC SIM as that is only required for secure banking mobile payments.
    Any idea then why the app would say unavailable for this device? I have a Z10 bought from Koodo. I want to switch over to Rogers for this service. But I need to know I can download the app first.

From this
    Attachment 237773

To this
    Attachment 237775

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Heinz Katchup; 01-11-14 at 01:12 PM.
    01-11-14 12:53 PM
    Some of them are quite artistic.
    If I draw smiley faces on my tea bags can I have a pompous title too?

Z10 | STL100-1 | 10.2.1.1925
    FF22 likes this.
    01-11-14 01:01 PM
    Any idea then why the app would say unavailable for this device? I have a Z10 bought from Koodo. I want to switch over to Rogers for this service. But I need to know I can download the app first.

Posted via CB10
    I have no idea what the problem is but if your phone is unlocked borrow a rogers SIM (even a deactivated one) and see if it is a carrier issue. I know the download page says All Carriers but who knows.
    01-11-14 01:12 PM
    Just spoke with a CIBC mobile payment representative. They say once I get the Rogers NFC SIM card I'll be able to download the app.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-14 01:45 PM
    Just spoke with a CIBC mobile payment representative. They say once I get the Rogers NFC SIM card I'll be able to download the app.

Posted via CB10
    If you are talking about the Tim Hortons app then that was BS advice. The TimmyMe app has nothing to do with CIBC and many here have categorically stated it is not needed for the Timmy app. I for one do not have that type of SIM in my phone and its not an issue.
    01-11-14 01:55 PM
    When did I mention I was talking bout the Tim Hortons app? Clearly I am asking about CIBC/Rogers mobile payment service.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-14 02:01 PM
    When did I mention I was talking bout the Tim Hortons app? Clearly I am asking about CIBC/Rogers mobile payment service.

Posted via CB10
    No you weren't clear. See your post #260 where you asked why you couldn't download some non specific app and also while you at it consider the thread you are in.
    01-11-14 02:15 PM
    Yup, I've amazed the Starbucks and Tim Hortons staff twice each. Second time with the Tim Hortons today. I always ensure that I show them the front of the phone so they read the BlackBerry logo. I love it.

Posted via CB10
    The symbol is all they need to know. Besides it's bigger!

Weapon of choice Z10, Full Metal CB10!
    01-11-14 03:06 PM
    Well good news and bad news so far. I got the Rogers SureTap SIM card for my phone. I was then able to download the Mobile Payment app.

However the registration process has not gone well. Two failed attempts yesterday. I realized I had some applications permissions disabled. Trying again today once and now twice.

The second time the representative mentions that if my phone is originally unlocked from another carrier besides Rogers. It probably won't work. Rage ensues as I explain this is mentioned no where in the Term of Service, website or FAQ.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 12:32 PM
    So many different answers from different representatives at CIBC. But the answer I'm getting at the moment from this one rep in particular is that I can't complete the registration process because my phone is originally from Koodo.

Can anyone confirm if this would be the cause. Because it's not specifically mentioned online for what you need to have. They just say a BB10 phone (Z10), NFC Rogers SIM card and CIBC Visa card.

Any help would great. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 04:35 PM
    Awesome

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 05:00 PM
272 ... 91011