Well, so far everyone with those overpriced xenon headlights always have them aimed right into my rear-view mirror and into my eyes... They should be glad I don't have super powers because their car would have been on the side of the road upside down...

Edit: The thing about that is, when you have that system installed, it actually deactivates the "high beam" function since it's actually supposed to act as both. Meaning it is SUPPOSED to do the function of the high-beam... so I don't get why they are not illegal since it's illegal to have your high beams on while within 250m of another car in my state. Yet another "automatic" thing for people who are too lazy to use high beams when they need to and when they are allowed to and then to turn them off when it's a bother to other drivers...
    Not sure what you mean? Cars with Xenon or LED headlights still have high and low beam settings.

Most of these cars also have self-leveling lights that keep their proper aim as the load on the car changes.

This is for cars that come equipped with these lights from the factory. Maybe you meant aftermarket light upgrades?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    12-17-13 05:53 PM
    he's likely talking about HID's

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 06:18 PM
    Not sure what you mean? Cars with Xenon or LED headlights still have high and low beam settings.

Most of these cars also have self-leveling lights that keep their proper aim as the load on the car changes.

This is for cars that come equipped with these lights from the factory. Maybe you meant aftermarket light upgrades?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    he's likely talking about HID's

Posted via CB10
    Actually, I was thinking about HID lights, although, not sure if HID's use xenon bulbs or what, ah, I don't really know, I can tear down a transmission or engine and build it from the ground up but all of these overpriced "give me attention" headlights never got my interest in the first place. Give me regular halogen bulbs that I can buy for $18 for a set...

And yes, most of the ones I've seen are aftermarket. Standard HID's are mainly just for the really expensive cars and some newer models have the option to have HID from factory but a lot of the ones I see are aftermarket...
    12-17-13 08:20 PM
    Too bad, it just isn't a feasible and widespread feature (NFC) in my country so to some, like me, it's negligible almost.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 09:46 PM
    Well, so far everyone with those overpriced xenon headlights always have them aimed right into my rear-view mirror and into my eyes... They should be glad I don't have super powers because their car would have been on the side of the road upside down...

Edit: The thing about that is, when you have that system installed, it actually deactivates the "high beam" function since it's actually supposed to act as both. Meaning it is SUPPOSED to do the function of the high-beam... so I don't get why they are not illegal since it's illegal to have your high beams on while within 250m of another car in my state. Yet another "automatic" thing for people who are too lazy to use high beams when they need to and when they are allowed to and then to turn them off when it's a bother to other drivers...

Well because anything thought to be remotely collective in attitude these days is increasingly viewed as despicable in this society, I think that has some bearing.

For example, High-Intensity-Discharge projector beam type headlights, in most European countries, MUST include a special calibrated active aiming device. The purpose of which is to monitor the aim of the headlights and compensate for load and road conditions to avoid dazzling other drivers in the eyes. IE if you load down the trunk with a bunch of heavy material, causing the car to lean back, the active aim compensation device will re-adjust the headlight aim to compensate for that.

However in the USA, we do not have such a requirement, to my knowledge.

Also, most people with driving/fog lights seem to leave them on continuously now too.

Yay personal freedom.
    12-18-13 02:26 AM
    Actually, I was thinking about HID lights, although, not sure if HID's use xenon bulbs or what, ah, I don't really know, I can tear down a transmission or engine and build it from the ground up but all of these overpriced "give me attention" headlights never got my interest in the first place. Give me regular halogen bulbs that I can buy for $18 for a set...

And yes, most of the ones I've seen are aftermarket. Standard HID's are mainly just for the really expensive cars and some newer models have the option to have HID from factory but a lot of the ones I see are aftermarket...
    Xenon is HID. The aftermarket ones are illegal in many places because they are often just inserted into the old halogen housing which has reflectors to increase light output. These reflectors with the HID lights are way too bright and not aimed properly. OEM HID lights do not have these reflectors and are aimed properly. You can easily tell them apart.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 02:57 AM
    way to stay on topic guys. good job. good job.
    blackmoe likes this.
    12-18-13 08:06 AM
    I've been using the MAKE app from BBworld. Works fine. For those interested, Make is NOT android.
    I cannot find MAKE in BBworld.
    12-18-13 10:36 AM
    Can't you do nfc payment on the iphone?

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 10:54 AM

Posted via CB10
    LOL. Oh, sorry, uh, unfortunately you can't because Apple has yet to "invent" NFC so their phones don't have it. It requires a hardware antenna to work.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    12-18-13 11:20 AM

Posted via CB10
    As of the 2013, there has been no iPhone or iPad that features NFC. They are probably never going to use it, iBeacon seems to be their new "thing"
    12-18-13 11:20 AM
    I cannot find MAKE in BBworld.
    I just found it. The other day (maybe still) it was one of the featured apps in the moving banner on bbworld. Logo is a 'starbucks' paper cup!
    12-18-13 12:35 PM
    Riddle me this: When signatures were the "security" feature you could buy really expensive stuff like TV etc with a stolen CC, hardly anyone checked the signature. Funny enough I recall most grocery stores checked it as I signed and for relatively insignificant purchases.

Then came the chips, I loathed having to enter my pin and found it a hassle but soon realised its either that or a signature (that hardly anyone checked) and I have to do something for the transaction either sign or enter a number, it made no sense to loathe it. Now I would get confused if I had to swipe and sign on paper.
    I like the chip and PIN feature. The signature method was always lacking in security, but PIN works wonderfully. I was loathe to it at first as well but I like the idea of having to confirm with a number that is in my head, and only my head. This was how my debit card always worked so it was a rather easy transition.

You would be surprised how quickly thos $50 transactions can add up. My card got cloned and there was $3,000 charged inside of a 2 hour window before MC caught on. Not my issue as it the MC's write-off, but it can happen.
    12-18-13 01:54 PM
    OP Hahahahaha love it

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 02:00 PM
    please confirm this to me... i live in usa, and i don't know where i could use NFC for payments... now, you have mentioned starbucks but in Canada... here in states it is possible to do the same? i understand you cannot since the NFC payment has to go through the info with your card in your bank, and afaik, there is not option to do so here... i have checked to see any NFC symbol in starbucks but i haven't seen any... also i have read about make app, but that's with a bar code, not really NFC... so, you can't pay using NFC in an starbucks coffee place, am i right?
    12-18-13 02:27 PM
    I like the chip and PIN feature. The signature method was always lacking in security, but PIN works wonderfully. I was loathe to it at first as well but I like the idea of having to confirm with a number that is in my head, and only my head. This was how my debit card always worked so it was a rather easy transition.

Strangely enough, that's why I never use my debit card as a debit card. (which requires entering a PIN at the POS terminal) Because there have been tons of cases around the world where the PIN (along with card details) was captured during a POS transaction and then used to make unauthorized payments. Either by unscrupulous retailers or because their terminal was compromised by a 3rd party without their knowledge.

If the PIN is only entered on your OWN device, that would be a better mechanism.
    12-18-13 03:15 PM
    please confirm this to me... i live in usa, and i don't know where i could use NFC for payments... now, you have mentioned starbucks but in Canada... here in states it is possible to do the same? i understand you cannot since the NFC payment has to go through the info with your card in your bank, and afaik, there is not option to do so here... i have checked to see any NFC symbol in starbucks but i haven't seen any... also i have read about make app, but that's with a bar code, not really NFC... so, you can't pay using NFC in an starbucks coffee place, am i right?
    The Make app uses a bar code. In Canada, one can use NFC to pay via credit card if one has a Rogers BlackBerry and a CIBC credit card.

Posted via CB10
    gallopiton likes this.
    12-18-13 03:36 PM
    way to stay on topic guys. good job. good job.
    barista went home

Posted via CB10
    Omnitech likes this.
    12-18-13 05:30 PM
    The Make app uses a bar code. In Canada, one can use NFC to pay via credit card if one has a Rogers BlackBerry and a CIBC credit card.

Posted via CB10
    you also need an nfc enabled sim (from rogers)

Posted via CB10
    gallopiton likes this.
    12-18-13 05:37 PM
    Strangely enough, that's why I never use my debit card as a debit card. (which requires entering a PIN at the POS terminal) Because there have been tons of cases around the world where the PIN (along with card details) was captured during a POS transaction and then used to make unauthorized payments. Either by unscrupulous retailers or because their terminal was compromised by a 3rd party without their knowledge.

If the PIN is only entered on your OWN device, that would be a better mechanism.
    Shoulder surfing. Also pinhole cameras above keypads.

I try to get gas only at. Costco. They pay employees enough that they don't risk letting some person onside their hardware to install hacking gear.

Debit cards have very weak fraud protection. My bank issues combination credit/debit/ATM card. I have the debit limit set to one dollar, and that is because their system can't take zero.

That is why I rather have the NFC just give me a receipt, but pay with credit card.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 06:21 PM
    As of the 2013, there has been no iPhone or iPad that features NFC. They are probably never going to use it, iBeacon seems to be their new "thing"

Really wish they did. Pretty sure it would become a lot more mainstream and more retailers would start implementing it.

I bet if you go up to anyone on the street with a smartphone and ask them how they feel about NFC chips, their reply would be like "NFC?! Hell no I don't want the government implanting tiny chips in my arm!"
    12-18-13 06:49 PM
    Really wish they did. Pretty sure it would become a lot more mainstream and more retailers would start implementing it.

I bet if you go up to anyone on the street with a smartphone and ask them how they feel about NFC chips, their reply would be like "NFC?! Hell no I don't want the government implanting tiny chips in my arm!"
    I think they go on your forehead anyway.
    FF22 likes this.
    12-18-13 07:32 PM
    Is the barcode on the side of my neck now superceded?
    12-18-13 07:38 PM
    I think that my chip is on my shoulder.
    Omnitech and kevinnugent like this.
    12-18-13 08:33 PM
    Used by my z10, 1st to use it the girl called the manager over ,said he heard about it. He asked if android has it too . I said a few types. He said he had an iPhone can't do that . Told him they are coming out with an old fashioned bar code for iPhone and cheap androids apps.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 08:50 PM
272 ... 7891011