Ok...I'm going to do it again. I've had three Z10's in my quest to return to my beloved BlackBerry brand...and each time, although I got closer and closer to being a convert to BB10 and coming to grips with the all-gesture manipulation of the new OS (I dearly loved my trackpad!)...it all really came down to my realization that I am losing some apps that I use on a day-to-day basis on my iPhone 5. When I faced the facts that I would be missing those...I ran back to the iPhone each time.

I know now the BB ecosystem will probably never get close to that of that of Apple...or Android. In fact, those still clinging to the hope need to seriously come to terms with reality. It won't...ever. But, even knowing that...I really miss having a BlackBerry. Everybody and their freaking puppy has an iPhone...I mean everybody. I always liked a little bit of exclusivity, and having something different, so maybe coming back to BB will provide that pride in usership for me.

I know ahead of time that it will take me several weeks to wean myself off of iOS...and I know I will be tempted to throw in the towel again and again...but I hope I can persevere, and become the kind of BlackBerry fanatic I used to be. I should have a Z10 I'm buying from a member here in a couple of weeks...and I'll try it out. Maybe I can put my iPhone in the drawer...and actually leave it there for once. Maybe...maybe not. We'll see if FOURTH time is the charm.

Wish me luck...
    03-24-14 03:22 PM

I know now the BB ecosystem will probably never get close to that of that of Apple...or Android.
    If you use Snap, you pretty much have the ecosystem of Android, which is darn close to the ecosystem of Apple.
    Mic_JP likes this.
    03-24-14 03:29 PM
    +1 and Apk Train is nice too
    10.2.1 is so SWEET and looks like 10.3 is only going to be BETTER
    Welcome back, good luck, and CB is here to help

My ZED 10
    03-24-14 05:58 PM
    This is also my 4th z10, can't stay away!!! Love it even more after trying everything else.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-14 08:43 PM
    whatever android app there is it can for the most part run on the z10. theres just no way ios is more useful than bb10
    03-24-14 09:10 PM
    Only one here. Keeping it till the new Z50 hits.
    03-24-14 09:11 PM
    No offense OP but you sound as though you just can't commit to change. If I were you I'd just wait for the Q20, then you won't have to change too much.

That being said, the Q20 IMO is a step backwards. I understand why BlackBerry feels they have a need to address the absence of the tool bar but it causes two fundamental dilemmas.

1) Perception : BlackBerry OS7 devices are perceived to be old and obsolete devices. Why would I want to give anyone the impression that my brand new BB10 device look similar to a BB OS device? BlackBerry can't afford to cause further perception damage in markets like US.

2) Direction : Why would you go through the effort of creating an entirely new gesture based platform and hardware. And then change your direction. I would have preferred they spent the R&D money on education and marketing of BB10. So that future devices can have a better adoption rate.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-14 09:13 PM