I thought this was a good counter point this morning.....and probably closer to reality

Early-Bird Analysts Confused About BlackBerry 10 Sales - Seeking Alpha
    02-22-13 11:16 AM
    I think that the z10 is a good phone. I switched from a 4s. Disclaimer is that I'm from Waterloo, Ont so BB is big here...

But...I can't see that the z10 offers any thing to anyone that already has a Galaxy s3 or iPhone 5. I think that z10 will struggle to gain traction in the US market. Theyll sell enough of them to keep things going for BlackBerry as a company but the days of being an industry leader are gone.

For many people things like Twitter and Facebook, Instagram etc are huge deals. BB10 just does not handle these things well. The Twitter app is garbage (complete garbage) compared to iOS version and facebook app doesn't update the feed properly. Instagram doesn't exist for the z10 yet.....
    02-22-13 11:38 AM
    My nominee for comment of the month. Couldn't have put it better myself (and I've tried).

Posted via CB10
    Thanks Thunderbuck. Your posts are well written and appreciated by me.
    Cheers,
    Dave Matthews
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    02-22-13 12:24 PM
    I think that the z10 is a good phone. I switched from a 4s. Disclaimer is that I'm from Waterloo, Ont so BB is big here...

But...I can't see that the z10 offers any thing to anyone that already has a Galaxy s3 or iPhone 5. I think that z10 will struggle to gain traction in the US market. Theyll sell enough of them to keep things going for BlackBerry as a company but the days of being an industry leader are gone.

For many people things like Twitter and Facebook, Instagram etc are huge deals. BB10 just does not handle these things well. The Twitter app is garbage (complete garbage) compared to iOS version and facebook app doesn't update the feed properly. Instagram doesn't exist for the z10 yet.....
    Why, in heaven's name, would you expect those users to switch, anyway? They're NEW PHONES.

All the Z10 really needs to appeal to are people who are nearing the end of contract on their first smartphone, or who have never had a smartphone before.

If I had an iP5 or an SGIII I probably wouldn't be looking seriously at ANY phone, assuming I've bought on contract.
    02-22-13 01:30 PM
    Forbes is correct. It is a flop. Zero10, aka the Awkardberry.
    02-22-13 02:07 PM
30 12