I have noticed that there is a folder named "Device/misc/android" in File Manager that seems to contain a copy of many other sub-folders in the root directory of the device (like pictures, music, movies, etc.). As a matter of fact, there seems to be two copies of each sub-folder in this folder.

Does anyone know what this folder is about, how it is created, and why there are multiple copies of sub-folders in this folder? Also, what would happen if I delete it (am I going to also lose all similar files in the main root directory)? Appreciate any feedback.

Posted via Z10
    06-10-13 04:46 AM
    It's only a link (Unix symbolic link)

It's necessary for android runtime.

Nicolas

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 04:55 AM
    It needs to be there for DROID apps to access that stuff. No biggie, no conspiracy, no problem.
    06-10-13 06:21 AM
    I had an issue once where I got an error saying my device storage was low "below" 4% and I needed to clear space so I deleted the contents of that folder. It went back up to my 7gigs free. Since then I haven't had a problem

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    06-10-13 06:30 AM
    Thanks all for the responses. Sounds like it would be okay to leave it alone.

Posted via Z10
    rasmadrak likes this.
    06-10-13 07:25 AM
    I had an issue once where I got an error saying my device storage was low "below" 4% and I needed to clear space so I deleted the contents of that folder. It went back up to my 7gigs free. Since then I haven't had a problem

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    Not sure if sarcastic or...

Deleting those links would not create a lot of free memory. Each "file" is at most 4KB and is just a pointer to the original file.
    Most probably you deleted something Android specific that freed up storage, such as temporary files or downloads etc.
    06-10-13 08:47 AM
    Not sure if sarcastic or...

Deleting those links would not create a lot of free memory. Each "file" is at most 4KB and is just a pointer to the original file.
    Most probably you deleted something Android specific that freed up storage, such as temporary files or downloads etc.
    In my BB10 it take 2 GO and the real problem is I can't even delete it...(deny permission) even after wipe device
    Any tip what I can do ?
    12-19-15 05:33 PM