Do not understand this! Crackberry listed the Z10 as the exception and there is no Fm radio on the Z10. As I type this I am listening live to l 102.1 the edge which I believe is FM using the app Nobex on my Z10-3.
    Miracast was posted as being available on this latest update but did not list the Z10 as an exception. When I try to connect I only have two options WIFi or Bluetooth no miracast. I am on the leak 10.2.1.537. Is there a difference between the leak and the official release? Those who know please enlighten.
    01-29-14 11:54 AM
    no fm radio nor miracast for the z10. Hardware limitations. You can listen to the radio via apps like iheartradio as well but its not a true FM broadcast
    01-29-14 11:59 AM
    Streaming a radio station over the Internet using an app, has no correlation to receiving a radio stations broadcast over the radio waves.

Posted via CB10
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    01-29-14 12:02 PM
    nobex is using streaming...on Z10 radio and miracast is not suported...a hardware thing.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-14 12:07 PM
    What is Miracast anyhow?

Keep The Faith ? BlackBerry Q10 ?
    01-29-14 12:31 PM
    Do not understand this! Crackberry listed the Z10 as the exception and there is no Fm radio on the Z10. As I type this I am listening live to l 102.1 the edge which I believe is FM using the app Nobex on my Z10-3.
    Miracast was posted as being available on this latest update but did not list the Z10 as an exception. When I try to connect I only have two options WIFi or Bluetooth no miracast. I am on the leak 10.2.1.537. Is there a difference between the leak and the official release? Those who know please enlighten.
    Streaming radio from Nobex uses your data plan. The FM radio support in the other devices basically allows you to tune into local radio stations the old fashioned way...just like when you're in your car. Unlike steaming, you lose your signal when listening via an FM tuner if you leave their Broadcast range. But you do get unlimited listening to local stations for FREE!

Miricast isn't supported on Z10 devices either.

I need a Z30 to overcome both Z10 limitations...

Keith H. Posted via CB10 on Z10.
    01-29-14 12:42 PM
    Streaming radio from Nobex uses your data plan. The FM radio support in the other devices basically allows you to tune into local radio stations the old fashioned way...just like when you're in your car. Unlike steaming, you lose your signal when listening via an FM tuner if you leave their Broadcast range. But you do get unlimited listening to local stations for FREE!.
    I have data set to off in settings so I use free wifi for streaming. No cost!
    01-29-14 02:27 PM
    People still listen to the radio......?

Z10 STL100-3 >>>>>>>>Leaks 1055, 1259, 1925
    01-29-14 03:51 PM
    I don't know if you're trolling, or what.

Let's make it clear: Nobex, Slacker, iHeartRadio, Songza... all of these stream music over the Internet to your phone. It may not be on the cell network, but you need an internet connection.

The FM radio we're talking about here (and that, sadly, the Z10 won't have access to) is real, live FM like you get in your car. No Internet connection required. In fact, it won't even work unless you've got headphones plugged in, because the chip uses the wire as the antenna.

Apple USED to do this on the iPhone, and Samsung USED to do it on the Galaxys, but neither offers the feature on their current models so it is kind of an advantage.
    01-29-14 04:08 PM
    But it's still using data. Fm does not.
    01-29-14 04:33 PM
    FM radio and Miracast on the Z10-mockit_06022014091336.jpg

Posted via CB10
    02-06-14 11:13 AM
    When the Z10 and Q10 were released, the Z10 was clearly positioned as the more "multimedia" oriented device.

It's too bad BlackBerry decided not to include things like Miracast, USB OTG, FM, etc...
    02-06-14 11:58 AM
    Many broadcasters are dropping off of standard FM and moving to hybrid digital, and with digital music and streaming audio being commonplace, I can't see any hardware manufacturer adding FM capabilities to what is essentially a pocket computer.
    02-06-14 12:30 PM
    I can't see any hardware manufacturer adding FM capabilities to what is essentially a pocket computer.
    ... and data plans are still hovering around 1GB, sometimes 3GB.

That's not nearly enough for all the media we want on our phones now.
    02-06-14 12:54 PM