I just flashed the latest update on the forums, and it works great but I want to get back to my older version (10.0.10.90 from Telstra).

I did a full backup before updating and when I reload the backup it just restores my media and settings etc. Then I tried to reload the device software, but it says there are no updates and just reboots the phone.

I want to get back to the Telstra version so when carrier updates comes out I will be updated officially and also receive any carrier enhancements they release.

Please, does anyone know how I can restore the older OS, or can anyone make a 10.0.10.90 loader file for the STL100-2?

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 02:26 AM
    As far as I know, once you go .116, you never go back.
    04-13-13 02:34 AM
    I just flashed the latest update on the forums, and it works great but I want to get back to my older version (10.0.10.90 from Telstra).

I did a full backup before updating and when I reload the backup it just restores my media and settings etc. Then I tried to reload the device software, but it says there are no updates and just reboots the phone.

I want to get back to the Telstra version so when carrier updates comes out I will be updated officially and also receive any carrier enhancements they release.

Please, does anyone know how I can restore the older OS, or can anyone make a 10.0.10.90 loader file for the STL100-2?

Posted via CB10
    I believe what you want to do is a security wipe and then do the restore.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 02:38 AM
    Why did you even update to a 116, the update is not specific for your device and carrier. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
    Gees97 and tdaye like this.
    04-13-13 02:45 AM
    I believe what you want to do is a security wipe and then do the restore.

Posted via CB10
    That's only going to basically factory reset. It won't replace the OS

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 03:03 AM
    Try use bb link to restore your z10 ..

تم الإرسال من جهازي GT-N7100 بواسطة تاباتوك 2
    04-13-13 03:41 AM
    That's only going to basically factory reset. It won't replace the OS

Posted via CB10
    I think that is what the user wants.

The OP stated that he/she flashed an OS from the forum meaning it wasn't through the carrier. But now wants to go back to the carrier's version.

So I believe he has to do a security wipe that will allow him to get back to factory fefault, do the restore to get all his settings back, etc. And from there he can decide to stay with factory default or do the latest carrier update.

Or at least I think that's what I interpreted what the user wants.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 08:46 AM

Posted via CB10
    connect to you pc via bblink and dont do restore backup, do Reload software then you get back what offer you carrier(latest) and then you can do restore backup with you apps and settings
    see this confirmed
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post8308916
    04-13-13 09:28 AM

Posted via CB10
    As 116 is ATT's update, you would be most probably OK to come back on your carrier's original 90, after wipe and restore.
    04-13-13 04:06 PM
    connect to you pc via bblink and dont do restore backup, do Reload software then you get back what offer you carrier(latest) and then you can do restore backup with you apps and settings
    see this confirmed
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post8308916
    Trust him ^^^^

I used his software to download the update and to restore, works like a charm!!!!!
    04-13-13 04:44 PM