Is flash ever going to get updated? I just tried to watch HBO GO, which worked a few weeks back, but I can't anymore because it requires Flash 10.2.

I know Adobe has given up on Mobile Flash (Thanks Apple...) but is BlackBerry able to update it at all?

Posted via Z10
    04-23-13 09:58 AM
    Flash is already in the browser but it's turned off in the setting by default. Do you have it turned on?
    jrevans124 likes this.
    04-23-13 10:18 AM
    Flash is already in the browser but it's turned off in the setting by default. Do you have it turned on?
    Why is it turned off by default? Does it slow the browser down?
    04-23-13 11:30 AM
    I'm sure he is aware of that, and I have come into the same situation where flash is needed to be upgraded to see certain things, and now that Flash Mobile isn't being supported anymore, flash is, and sites are updated to the new flash but mobile flash is not and we are SOL
    04-23-13 11:32 AM
    Why is it turned off by default? Does it slow the browser down?
    Because every flash video would play and drain data

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 11:32 AM
    I'm sure he is aware of that, and I have come into the same situation where flash is needed to be upgraded to see certain things, and now that Flash Mobile isn't being supported anymore, flash is, and sites are updated to the new flash but mobile flash is not and we are SOL
    I am not sure if the OS10 flash is mobile flash, but more like desktop flash for Unix systems, but compiled by BlackBerry.

Having used the Playbook for a couple years and the Z10, I would expect the problem is the web site thinks the Z10 is a desktop browser and wants you to have the latest flash. At some point the links to download the latest flash would send us to the linux or unix download site when redirected on a website to download the latest flash.
    04-23-13 11:37 AM
    I know, I have it turned on. Like I said, it has worked in the past but now is requiring Flash 10.2. I have the leaked 10.1 OS, and that doesn't have the updated Flash, so hopefully they are working on it for the official release. I just lost a major "app" on my phone by losing HBO GO.

Posted via Z10
    04-23-13 11:57 AM
    I am not sure if the OS10 flash is mobile flash, but more like desktop flash for Unix systems, but compiled by BlackBerry.

Having used the Playbook for a couple years and the Z10, I would expect the problem is the web site thinks the Z10 is a desktop browser and wants you to have the latest flash. At some point the links to download the latest flash would send us to the linux or unix download site when redirected on a website to download the latest flash.
    Ya i don't know myself, but seeing flash player 11.1.121.108 in the about screen and seeing flash download is at 11.7, it's hard to know where the BB10 OS flash really sits as, mobile or desktop
    04-23-13 12:05 PM
    Some have problems with flash which get fixed when switching to WiFi.
    You can't update via Adobe. BB must do these updates via the OS.
    And recognition of the BB is dependent upon third party scriptors. Contact any web sites you are having issues with and let them know their code is not recognizing the BB as a mobile. They may not have recoded yet.
    04-29-13 06:53 AM
    Some have problems with flash which get fixed when switching to WiFi.
    You can't update via Adobe. BB must do these updates via the OS.
    And recognition of the BB is dependent upon third party scriptors. Contact any web sites you are having issues with and let them know their code is not recognizing the BB as a mobile. They may not have recoded yet.
    yeah.....that seems very convenient.
    04-29-13 08:01 AM