Fix This NOW: 6-8 hours battery after update... had enough time to "settle"-img_20140214_013628.png

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 04:22 AM
    We all have it((((

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 05:40 AM
    I love how the phrase "let your OS settle" was coined here on Crackberry. It doesn't take a week for the phone to index files. The bottom line is that the battery in the Z10 is just too small.
    kbz1960, coldfir3 and STV0726 like this.
    02-14-14 05:59 AM
    Has anyone tried deleting an app that uses significant amount of memory? This can be checked by the device manager.

I tried this and ended up deleting fire chest data monitor (great app btw) and my battery got extended by 1-2 hours. So I'm getting something like 11-12 hours of daily use. I am quite pleased

Posted via CB10
    I have submitted a newer version - 1.0.0.82. It should be available for download in 24 hours from BB World. Let me know if you have any further issues.
    02-14-14 07:45 AM
    I love how the phrase "let your OS settle" was coined here on Crackberry. It doesn't take a week for the phone to index files. The bottom line is that the battery in the Z10 is just too small.
    I love how people ignore the obvious. Many here have attested to the experience of seeing their battery life improve during the week following an update; I've personally experienced it three times.

Whatever you wish to call it, after an update your phone is likely to have shortened battery life, operate at a noticeably higher temperature, and exhibit some lagging and glitchiness for about 2-5 days. After this time, things will return to normal and your battery life will stabilize.

The Z10's battery is slightly smaller than is really needed for a phone with this browsing and processing ability, but battery life is the bane of all smartphones with these capabilities and size/form limitations. Thankfully, I can carry a spare battery for my Z10.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 09:14 AM
    Its not true at all im using 10.2.1 from months and till now my battery stay for like 6 hours only on 10.2 it stay with me for 1 and a half day

10.2.1 battery sucks

Posted via CB10
    Look at your usage/data reports. Sounds like you have a bad install or some rogue apps.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 09:15 AM
    I have submitted a newer version - 1.0.0.82. It should be available for download in 24 hours from BB World. Let me know if you have any further issues.
    Thanks for letting us know. I had to delete the original Fire Chest because it kept growing too big.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 09:18 AM
    for whatever its worth, I copied over 11 gb of pictures and music and it took 48 hours for it to index it and have it show up in their respective apps. So there is at least some "truth" to letting the OS settle. How much impact that has on battery life, I didn't take notice.
    02-14-14 11:56 AM
    Just a thought but there might be more to just bad battery life.

Another reason might be the battery indicator is completely screwed up. After updating to 10.2.1, the indicator goes down way faster than it is supposed to. I have seen this happen several times and other people seem to be experiencing the same problem.

Just last night I did a test. I tried to drain my battery all the way down. The battery indicator showed 10% when the phone shut itself off. I immediately plugged my phone into the charger and rebooted. Guess what? The battery indicator showed I still had 42% left.

Yeah, that got me scratching my head!

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 10:40 AM
    Just a thought but there might be more to just bad battery life.

Another reason might be the battery indicator is completely screwed up. After updating to 10.2.1, the indicator goes down way faster than it is supposed to. I have seen this happen several times and other people seem to be experiencing the same problem.

Just last night I did a test. I tried to drain my battery all the way down. The battery indicator showed 10% when the phone shut itself off. I immediately plugged my phone into the charger and rebooted. Guess what? The battery indicator showed I still had 42% left.

Yeah, that got me scratching my head!

Posted via CB10
    That a SoC (State of Charge) error. In my understanding, the OS does the battery calibration when newly installed or updated, and this SoC seems to get lost in the new and busy OS administration. For some people, it comes back to normal after a few hours or days. For others, seems like it gets so pissed off, that it leaves earth.

Though most people solved this by doing a wipe.

Posted via CB10 | 10.1.0.4181
    02-17-14 11:15 AM
    I share the same issue
    02-17-14 12:04 PM
161 ... 567