I have the VZW 10.2.1 build and had the exact same problem described in the original post. My phone wouldn't even make it through the night for 4 or 5 days after the update. It literally took about an entire week before the OS "settled" and the battery returned to pre-update performance. My Z10 was already optimized for battery life, but one thing that I did was disable notifications for nearly all of my apps (including CB10) and there was a noticeable improvement in battery life. 10.2.1 is a pretty sweet OS once it settles. Hang in there if you can.

Posted via CB10
    bearclawcoffee likes this.
    02-07-14 06:42 AM
    Try a new battery I replaced mine let it go flat charged it up works. Great. Then do a slow usb charge

Posted via CB10
    02-07-14 07:42 AM
    I have a T-Mobile Z10 running 10.2.1 and it runs all day on LTE. Something is definitely wrong with your phone. How many email counts and what type are you using? Are you looking at your phone all day long (display on the Z10 is a hog)? Are you leaving active frames open all the time?

Posted via CB10
    4 emails
    no phone calls - cause who really wants to talk to people - thats what texting is for
    i'm a very light user
    and just one the monitor frame open
    02-07-14 07:43 AM
    In Device Manager, switch to the CPU graph, and change it to Last 12 hours, instead of Current.

Post a screenshot of that, we may be able to help you from there.

Download Noted, my 5-star rated, native BB10 notepad app.
    RedFoxOne likes this.
    02-07-14 08:00 AM
    I have found this tweak by myself..
    Everybody says "buy new battery" or basic tips "brightness, timeout screen,etc.."

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...fetime-901927/
    Well.. if you look at the second responds to the OP that was the same thing as what you describe in your link, although you provide how to do it as well.

But it's a great tip.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-14 08:10 AM
    I have seen my battery graph like that for a few days. Mine finally settles in since yesterday. I installed my update throw the wifi not with BlackBerry link. I thought it was the reason why my graph went nuts. I was starting to give up and was thinking of reinstallthe update until yesterday my battery shows good signs. It took mine 5-6 days. This was also the same with my 2 previous updates it took more than 48 hrs. Some say to give it 24 to 48 hrs but I don't know why mine takes more than that. I'm just happy that my battery is better now.

Posted via the Amazing Q10 10.2.1.537
    02-07-14 08:10 AM
    ok i did a back up before the update - should I go back to Factory settings - and do the update THEN Install my Back up date (1/31/14) ????
    Yes. I recommend putting it on airplane mode, backing up via link, security wiping it, reconfigure initial device settings, putting it back in airplane mode, then finally restoring your back up.

Remember that after you restore your settings, any accounts you had set up may ask for the password again. So be sure to edit the account(s) and put the passwords back in.

Then give it overnight to settle. This whole week thing is just absurd - it should be a day or so depending on how much and how far back your account's data goes/set to pull. Just make sure it is connect to a high speed wireless connection overnight.
    02-07-14 08:22 AM
    Hello, please post the CPU stats screenshot while your battery is draining. Make sure the phone has been on battery at least an hour(more if you want) to verify that it's still badly draining, and then send us a screenshot. If "System" is constantly at 50% or higher, you have a bad flash, and need to reflash(read: complete wipe and restore) the OS.

Any other app that is sitting profanely high just needs to be uninstalled.
    RedFoxOne likes this.
    02-07-14 08:29 AM
    Fix This NOW: 6-8 hours battery after update... had enough time to "settle"-img_20140207_153206.png

Well this is my battery life results...
    With 10.2.0.429 i used to get more hours of battery life...

Posted via CB10
    02-07-14 08:33 AM
    In Device Manager, switch to the CPU graph, and change it to Last 12 hours, instead of Current.

Post a screenshot of that, we may be able to help you from there.

Fix This NOW: 6-8 hours battery after update... had enough time to "settle"-img_20140207_094054.png
    02-07-14 08:42 AM
    Thanks so much but have had the Task Mgr for a year (always check and nothing there) - have no apks and i set all emails to 24 hours - i am at my wits end !! ALSO HAVE NOT updated ANY apps (Which there are many) since I read that they might be causing some problems. I refuse to do any android apps until this battery thing is resolved.
    What carrier?
    02-07-14 08:47 AM
    What carrier?
    Verizon
    02-07-14 08:48 AM
    The reason I asked is that on some GSM carriers I've seen anomalous and high drain due to LTE reselects caused by bad engineering on the carrier end. Shutting off LTE fixed it in those cases; this is very location-dependent as you might expect. I don't have enough experience with the Verizon units to know if that's a factor here or not.

I'd try that; if it works then you might want to try flashing the 1926 radio over the 1899 that Verizon distributed. That MAY help.
    02-07-14 08:51 AM
    I use VZW as well and I can say that using radio 1926 is amazing when it comes to standby battery drain. Much better than radio 1899, which I think wasn't supposed to be intended for OS 1925, but rather OS 1898.

That said, battery drains more while under the HUB than anything else.
    02-07-14 09:04 AM
    I use VZW as well and I can say that using radio 1926 is amazing when it comes to standby battery drain. Much better than radio 1899, which I think wasn't supposed to be intended for OS 1925, but rather OS 1898.

That said, battery drains more while under the HUB than anything else.
    where do i get this radio 1926? i have 1899
    02-07-14 09:12 AM
    Because "system" is killing your battery, you'll need to reflash the phone, that'll fix it - but wipe everything in the process.

I had the same thing with 1.2.0, which I fixed this way.
    RedFoxOne likes this.
    02-07-14 09:30 AM
    Bought Z10 launch week. Battery on 10.0 lasted about 8-10hours. Purchased the battery charger bundle for the Z10 to extend my day.
    With 10.1 increased to 12-14 hours. No need for 2nd battery.
    With 10.2 improved to 18-22 hours No need for 2nd battery.
    With 10.2.1 it dropped to less than 8 hours. I performed an OTA upgrade. Even with 2nd battery that wasn't enough to avoid a daytime charge. Definitely a huge step backwards.

I have been following most of the posts on battery drain with 10.2.1 and I definitely am one that was affected. I waited more than a week for the settling to no avail. I have always had better than average batter performance than most until this upgrade. Following the advice on many of the thread, I attempted a security wipe which failed miserably like many others which corrupted the os. Had to reload os using link and restore from back failed after that so lots of work to get phone back to the state prior to the failed security wipe. Battery performance post reload dropped to less than 6 hours.

I read many more posts and there were a few things I hadn't tried. My battery life is back now to 18+ hours and am happy but am not sure exactly which of the following changes made the difference as I made more than one change. Here are the changes I made and one or a combination seem to have resolved my battery issues. Step 1-2 were performed before step 3.

⦁ Turned off "Send diagnostics and usage data" as suggested by many
    ⦁ Turned off "Blackberry Link" and only turn it on when I actually want to use it but don't leave it on indefinitely.
    ⦁ Let the phone drain the battery until it shut off. Pulled the SIM and SD cards and removed battery. Charged battery on external charger.

I am elated that I am back to 18+ hour battery life on a single battery for light days and 18+ hour battery life on heavy days. Back to being able to get through the entire day on a single charge.
    A bit about my config and what I have had set since 10.0

⦁ I have only 2 email accounts, 1 EAS with outlook.com and on IMAP both configured with push enabled and manual sync interval where applicable. My email on both accounts arrives within seconds from both accounts and I get calendar, tasks and notes within seconds from my EAS account.
    ⦁ Additional accounts: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn (very active) and Evernote
    ⦁ Display brightness approximately 30%
    ⦁ Swipe to Wake OFF
    ⦁ Screen Timeout 2 minutes
    ⦁ Mobile Network set to HSPA+/UMTS/GSM as the 4G is weak where I am and drains the battery. I flipped to 4G if a truly need the extra bandwidth which is rare.

As stated, not sure which of the 3 steps or combination resolved my issues but simply thankful I am back to awesome battery life on my Z10. Hope others find solutions that work.
    RedFoxOne and anon(4044683) like this.
    02-07-14 09:30 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140207_094054.png 
Views:	992 
Size:	170.6 KB 
ID:	245827
    Ahh, System. :-( I regret to say this but you have a situation where the "system" process is the offender. What makes this nut un-crackable for me is that system is a host process, like svchost.exe on Windows. I would need a tool similar to Process Explorer to dig into that process and look at thread utilization and stack traces. I do server performance troubleshooting for my day job.

If anyone know of such a tool for BB10 let me know...

02-07-14 09:35 AM
    For those talking about indexing taking days to do there is something seriously wrong if it takes any OS days to index things.
    Carterbits likes this.
    02-07-14 09:51 AM
    Turn off the option that collects and sends data to BlackBerry. Phone gets hot when that is on because it keeps sending data to BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    is this the traffic data under location services?
    02-07-14 09:56 AM
    That sucks, I have a Z10 as well and don't have that issue, i usually get around 10 hours on a charge depending on what i am doing.

I turned off bluetooth and NFC though, not that accounts for lots, but it did help a little.
    02-07-14 09:58 AM
    Ahh, System. :-( I regret to say this but you have a situation where the "system" process is the offender. What makes this nut un-crackable for me is that system is a host process, like svchost.exe on Windows. I would need a tool similar to Process Explorer to dig into that process and look at thread utilization and stack traces. I do server performance troubleshooting for my day job.

If anyone know of such a tool for BB10 let me know...

Other than smashing it on the ground What would you suggest I do ?
    02-07-14 09:59 AM
    I had this problem and found it was due to some android apks that i installed..silly me..
    My problem is gone now and am a happy z10 user.

Install TaskManager from BB world. See what android apps are running and kill and/or uninstall these.
    Probably uninstall all apks, just as an added measure.
    Android compat is a boon, but also a curse.
    Set all chat/mails to manual mode.

If all else fails, Full wipe and reinstall maybe an option..
    If you can get away with it, try not to restore from backup (after a wipe); rather build up on a fresh brand new install.
    I agree with this. I have been running the leaked version for over a month and have been happy on my Z10. I get home at 6pm and still have 40% left from taking it off charge that morning at 7am. I do not have battery issues unless I use certain programs a lot. Android apps are the worst at consuming battery life and you not knowing it.
    02-07-14 10:00 AM
    Fix This NOW: 6-8 hours battery after update... had enough time to "settle"-img_20140207_155835.png

Mine's been awesome since the update, although at first it was very worrying
    02-07-14 10:01 AM
    Other than smashing it on the ground What would you suggest I do ?
    If it were me I would do a full backup. Then I would copy my files to another drive. Then I would either wipe the phone or reinstall the OS with link. I would not restore anything until after using for awhile to see how its going. Then I would copy files back. See how it goes. If things are going well I would skip restoring settings and all but you can then restore those items if you wish and see how it goes. If things get worse again then I would say it's a corrupt setting that is getting restored.
    02-07-14 10:11 AM
161 12345 ...