02-17-14 12:04 PM
161 1234 ...
tools
    I used my z10 all day today listening to music and currently I'm at 33% it's been more than 12 hours. Sweet!

Posted via CB10
    02-07-14 12:19 AM
    Thanks so much but have had the Task Mgr for a year (always check and nothing there) - have no apks and i set all emails to 24 hours - i am at my wits end !! ALSO HAVE NOT updated ANY apps (Which there are many) since I read that they might be causing some problems. I refuse to do any android apps until this battery thing is resolved.
    02-07-14 12:26 AM
    ok i did a back up before the update - should I go back to Factory settings - and do the update THEN Install my Back up date (1/31/14) ????
    Have you tried rebooting the device a couple of times? Fixed battery drain issues for me in the past ...

Posted via CB10
    02-07-14 12:27 AM
    Thanks for your input for it added nothing to the current discussion
    02-07-14 12:28 AM
    Yes - many - many - many times - so frustrated
    02-07-14 12:29 AM
    I used my z10 all day today listening to music and currently I'm at 33% it's been more than 12 hours. Sweet!

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for your input for it added nothing to the current discussion
    02-07-14 12:36 AM
    ok i did a back up before the update - should I go back to Factory settings - and do the update THEN Install my Back up date (1/31/14) ????
    Then you're going to the same process again.

Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1925
    02-07-14 12:36 AM
    Then you're going to the same process again.

Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1925
    OK did update OTA update - would It have been better thru LINK? (cause i ran in to an error thru LINK but did not retry and OTA went thru no problem)
    02-07-14 12:40 AM
    If you're on 4G LTE, you can switch to HSPA+ or EDGE when you're going to sleep. That can save a lot of battery because you never need blazing fast speeds when you're sleeping, am I right? Also, you can put your phone into a Leather Pocket or Flip Shell case which shuts off your display once inside. That can save a lot of battery too since the phone display is always ON, it always waits for the "wake" gesture.

Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1925
    02-07-14 12:42 AM
    If you're on 4G LTE, you can switch to HSPA+ or EDGE when you're going to sleep. That can save a lot of battery because you never need blazing fast speeds when you're sleeping, am I right? Also, you can put your phone into a Leather Pocket or Flip Shell case which shuts off your display once inside. That can save a lot of battery too since the phone display is always ON, it always waits for the "wake" gesture.

Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1925
    I appreciate your input - I have NEVER needed to use these silly gyrations before the update so WHY would I need to do them now? Does this make any sense to you?
    02-07-14 12:55 AM
    I appreciate your input - I have NEVER needed to use these silly gyrations before the update so WHY would I need to do them now? Does this make any sense to you?
    That applies to every OS version.

Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1925
    02-07-14 12:59 AM
    I had this problem and found it was due to some android apks that i installed..silly me..
    My problem is gone now and am a happy z10 user.

Install TaskManager from BB world. See what android apps are running and kill and/or uninstall these.
    Probably uninstall all apks, just as an added measure.
    Android compat is a boon, but also a curse.
    Set all chat/mails to manual mode.

If all else fails, Full wipe and reinstall maybe an option..
    If you can get away with it, try not to restore from backup (after a wipe); rather build up on a fresh brand new install.
    It is not letting me kill an app.
    I noticed Cut The Rope downloaded from Snap keeps running on my Z10.
    I hit single tap, asks me "following app will be killed": I say OK and nothing happens..

Edit: it took few minutes (4 minutes to be exact) for it to finally kill the app.
    02-07-14 01:03 AM
    I agree with this... first solution offered is always "factory wipe" second solution "install a leak" and then it goes downhill from there on if non of these work. Sadly there are always a bad batch of devices out there that like to misbehave no matter what you do, and sometimes just one bad app to ruin it all for everyone. I realized even with SNAP most android apps are not that BB friendly, they hang, it looks like you got rid of them but they are still there, sometimes other issues with other sideloaded apps, etc. Blackberry is listening but not to every little thing, these issues are not getting documented that well.
    02-07-14 01:06 AM
    Erm! I want to ask what model of the z10 you have and what version of the OS 10 you updated to? If its the STL100-1 model, we may have a problem right there since that particular model has been found with several unfixed battery issues.
    02-07-14 01:30 AM

Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1925
    Not sure this is even good advice. To my knowledge LTE network consumes less power than CDMA and probably HSPA too.

--edit, did some more research. There is power savings at the cell tower. I assumed this would also mean power savings in the handset but seems not to be the case.
    Posted via CB10
    Last edited by incongruent; 02-07-14 at 01:58 AM.
    TommyRXE likes this.
    02-07-14 01:45 AM
    For me (besides the classic battery-saving tricks), some good improvement in battery life has come from setting to "Off" the connection to BlackBerry Link (Settings > BlackBerry Link) when I'm not using it - I took the tip from here: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...uickly-889025/

--------------------

Screen Timeout app - keep your BB10 screen awake
    02-07-14 01:45 AM
    Its very inconvenient when you charge the phone to 100% at 11pm and SHUTS OFF (0%) before the alarm is supposed to go off at 7 am

my battery on my z was awesome before the update.. then i was getting about 6 hours on a charge... after about a week i let it almost dies.. charged it to 100 took battery out... boom i get like almost 2 days now..i charged it at 11 last night when i got up this morning it was at 97%... last all day i am at about 40 now... any way that worked for me... oh i left battery out for about 10 min.. plunged charging cable in then put battery back in.. any way hope that helps
    Just Me likes this.
    02-07-14 01:49 AM
    People keep saying that its still indexing. Sometines this makes me angry.
    I've been running 10.2.1 for 1.5 week now. I security wiped right after ota and didn't restore backup or anything just fresh. The battery life really SUCKS compared to 10.2.0.429
    10.2.0.429 was superior in terms of battery life

I keep thinking what might blackberry have changed that ruined the battery life in 10.2.1
    People keep saying nahh its improved well thats better for you, but blackberry needs to fix this especially for z10 users!
    02-07-14 02:25 AM
    Fix This NOW: 6-8 hours battery after update... had enough time to "settle"-img-1391701971862-v.jpg

Posted via CB10
    02-07-14 02:31 AM
    Sorry
    This one
    Fix This NOW: 6-8 hours battery after update... had enough time to "settle"-img_20140207_103122.png
    Battery life annoyed me, okay when I make viber calls that's normal it drains battery on my S4
    But I don't know why It drains 3 hours?
    Am I using a laptop or phone?

Posted via CB10
    02-07-14 02:32 AM
    They'd better make a battery fix like they did with os 10.0.0.90
    02-07-14 02:36 AM
    They'd better make a battery fix like they did with os 10.0.0.90
    And new android runtime
    I don't need Google play

Posted via CB10
    Revampd likes this.
    02-07-14 02:39 AM
    And new android runtime
    I don't need Google play

Posted via CB10
    Well.. you don't currently have Google Play, so what you're asking for is an option to disable the android runtime ?

The battery life of my z10 stl-2 was bad before the update, but has improved significantly since upgrading to 10.2.1, so OP, sorry to hear that you are having the opposite experience.

What I would do is to continue to monitor the processes listed in the device monitoring screen, and try to figure out what's causing the drain. If 'system' is using up most of you battery perhaps wipe the SD card if you have one of those.

And I would really recommend that you buy a spare battery or this one ;

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=T2qKEy4j

I have both, but only use the latter. It's a really great thing to have regardless if your battery life improves. And it can be used to top up up any micro USB. connected device.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-14 02:58 AM
    I have found this tweak by myself..
    Everybody says "buy new battery" or basic tips "brightness, timeout screen,etc.."

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...fetime-901927/
    02-07-14 04:59 AM
    I have a T-Mobile Z10 running 10.2.1 and it runs all day on LTE. Something is definitely wrong with your phone. How many email counts and what type are you using? Are you looking at your phone all day long (display on the Z10 is a hog)? Are you leaving active frames open all the time?

Posted via CB10
    02-07-14 05:36 AM
161 1234 ...