From 100% to 7% in one and a half day with medium usage. Seems decent to me.

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 246367
    02-09-14 12:28 PM
    Just finished a 17 hour day w/o charging and still had 15% left on my z30!!! Sure, it was a Sunday, but I'm loving it!

My z10 would have died a long time ago. I know upgrading isn't practical for everyone, but it seems to have been worth it for me.

Posted via CB10 (7250 -> 8703e -> 9530 -> 9550 -> 9650 -> 9930 -> PlayBook -> Z10 -> Z30)
    02-09-14 11:35 PM
    Here's something strange. After my battery charged up to 100% I left it for another hour and did a restart, with the phone still plugged in. After the restart it showed 99% and charging. Left it for another hour and it was showing me 100% on the main screen, 100% on the quick settings bar but when I went into device monitor...99%. Anyone else had this issue?

Posted via CB10
    02-10-14 01:32 AM
    Any fix for inaccurate indicator? STL100-1 drains like hell, 100%-0% after 7 hours, but at 0%, I am able to watch youtube videos on fastube, brightness full for 4 hours straight.

Posted via CB10
    Don't use generic or weak chargers with your Z10. They throw off the charging circuits. To recalibrate and solve your issues follow these steps: Take out the dead battery, SIM card and SD card. Plug in the original BlackBerry charger that came with the phone. Hold the power button for 3 seconds or until you see the red light come on. Leave the phone in this state for at least 2 minutes or until it shuts off completely on it's own. You may or may not see the red battery outline or the white blackberry logo on the screen. Plug out the charger and leave everything out for 1 hour. Replace everything and allow the phone to charge. Never use weak chargers on your Z10 again.

I'm not saying that weak chargers are the cause or the only thing that can trigger this flaw in the phones but it is a factor in many cases of battery charging circuit miscalibration.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-14 02:53 AM
    Yes, if I am traveling and use the phone a lot, I use two batteries. That is one of the reasons I like the Z10, I can carry an extra battery.
    Oh don't get me wrong, I like that as well about the Z10 but most don't have a second battery. I guess the point I'm saying is that what u would probably get with 2 batteries is what some in here claim they get off of just one.

Lol once again, with my regular usage, my Z10 has never gotten more than 7 hours.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-14 01:51 PM
    Oh don't get me wrong, I like that as well about the Z10 but most don't have a second battery. I guess the point I'm saying is that what u would probably get with 2 batteries is what some in here claim they get off of just one.

Lol once again, with my regular usage, my Z10 has never gotten more than 7 hours.

Posted via CB10
    I'm gonna have to say 7-8 hours is pretty good with constant use considering screen size and battery size. You can drain a PlayBook if you wanted really quick. Just consider what you are doing.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-14 02:00 AM
    I just got 2 days with my Q10, though I didn't use it much. Another day, I just got through one, with playing around a lot though.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-14 02:03 AM
    I'm gonna have to say 7-8 hours is pretty good with constant use considering screen size and battery size. You can drain a PlayBook if you wanted really quick. Just consider what you are doing.

Posted via CB10
    U are right but I've never though the PlayBook got great battery life either. I like I said before if I'm going past 7 hours of battery life, I'm probably barely touching it for a few of those hours. I started school today at 8am and it's not even 9 am and I'm down to 77%. Literally all I've done is play music and just recently opened the crackberry app lol. That's it lol

Posted via CB10
    02-11-14 07:51 AM
    Done and done! FIXED slowly adding back apps So Far so Good!! Right now it's at 97% with 2 + days
    Good deal.. Love it when things work right..

akawarrior..
    02-11-14 11:39 AM
    Here's something strange. After my battery charged up to 100% I left it for another hour and did a restart, with the phone still plugged in. After the restart it showed 99% and charging. Left it for another hour and it was showing me 100% on the main screen, 100% on the quick settings bar but when I went into device monitor...99%. Anyone else had this issue?

Posted via CB10
    It takes little screen use to drop from 100% to 99%.. Your normal..

akawarrior...
    02-11-14 11:42 AM
    U are right but I've never though the PlayBook got great battery life either. I like I said before if I'm going past 7 hours of battery life, I'm probably barely touching it for a few of those hours. I started school today at 8am and it's not even 9 am and I'm down to 77%. Literally all I've done is play music and just recently opened the crackberry app lol. That's it lol

Posted via CB10
    How old is it?

Posted via CB10
    02-11-14 12:35 PM
    Has anyone tried deleting an app that uses significant amount of memory? This can be checked by the device manager.

I tried this and ended up deleting fire chest data monitor (great app btw) and my battery got extended by 1-2 hours. So I'm getting something like 11-12 hours of daily use. I am quite pleased

Posted via CB10
    02-11-14 01:16 PM
    I get approximately 14 hours with moderate use, 18 hours with light use and 10 hours with heavy use.

14 hours is my daily use and then I still have 20% left, but I usually put it in the charger from that point.

During a normal day I make some phone calls, do some whatsapp and bbm, receive and send mails (I have 6 accounts of which 5 push accounts), check Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Igrann, Crackberry, RSS feeds, Snapchat all approximately every two hours and finally I do some browsing as well.

I never use bluetooth, and half time I am on wifi. Also I am 4G connected the whole day.

So although I think the battery could be better and is the weakest point of the phone, I am fairly happy with my battery life.

P.S. My battery took about 12 days to settle after the update... was worried at the beginning, now I'm a happy user again

Posted via CB10
    02-11-14 01:26 PM
    I loaded the 1926 radio file and it seems that it helps on extending my battery life

Posted via CB10
    02-12-14 08:03 AM
    Get off Facebook, and Twitter and YouTube.... I easily get full 24 hours when I use the phone like a phone.. crazy

Posted via CB10
    02-12-14 09:25 AM
    How old is it?

Posted via CB10
    Ive had this Z10 Im using since like October or November. Whenever it was when they started selling unlocked Z10's for $200.
    02-12-14 03:00 PM
    Hmmm, BlackBerry offered a number of features in Z10/BlackBerry 10, and IMHO the whole point of owning a Z10 is that we use those features to our advantage in our daily life. So from the looks of things... after using Z10 for almost 8 months, I believe it actually needs a 3200mAh battery rather than a prehistoric 1800mAh one.
    The battery is a huge disadvantage for the Z10. They it's built to keep you moving. Yeah right, moving toward the charger that is, lol...

I'm very happy with the way Z10 handles both, my professional and personal activities. But I can't rely on it since the battery does the funky chicken... still need to be close to a PC or Laptop.

Many people say Z30 has a very good battery life. But to carry that model, you need like a truck or something... phones are supposed to be portable, that's why they call it a mobile phone. But that's just my perception.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-14 03:42 PM
    Plenty of threads on this already. The reindexing or whatever it is will be finished after one week. Then your battery life will be marginally better than before the update.

Need some POW? Follow POW on BBM channels C004634C3 and find all the big snow spots.
    Its not true at all im using 10.2.1 from months and till now my battery stay for like 6 hours only on 10.2 it stay with me for 1 and a half day

10.2.1 battery sucks

Posted via CB10
    02-12-14 03:53 PM
    Many people say Z30 has a very good battery life. But to carry that model, you need like a truck or something... phones are supposed to be portable, that's why they call it a mobile phone. But that's just my perception.

Posted via CB10
    Just out of curiosity, have you handled and compared the size of the Z30 to the Z10 in person? Despite the significantly larger screen it's overall footprint is only slightly larger than the Z10 in my opinion. My apologies for going off topic here.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-14 05:28 PM
    I get approximately 14 hours with moderate use, 18 hours with light use and 10 hours with heavy use.

14 hours is my daily use and then I still have 20% left, but I usually put it in the charger from that point.

During a normal day I make some phone calls, do some whatsapp and bbm, receive and send mails (I have 6 accounts of which 5 push accounts), check Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Igrann, Crackberry, RSS feeds, Snapchat all approximately every two hours and finally I do some browsing as well.

I never use bluetooth, and half time I am on wifi. Also I am 4G connected the whole day.

So although I think the battery could be better and is the weakest point of the phone, I am fairly happy with my battery life.

P.S. My battery took about 12 days to settle after the update... was worried at the beginning, now I'm a happy user again

Posted via CB10
    im going to install the OS again after maybe 2 month of using it and still having battery issues so i hope it work this time
    02-13-14 05:31 AM
    Just out of curiosity, have you handled and compared the size of the Z30 to the Z10 in person? Despite the significantly larger screen it's overall footprint is only slightly larger than the Z10 in my opinion. My apologies for going off topic here.

Posted via CB10
    Actually, I had a Z30 for like a week. Had my Z10 as well... and after using both for a week, I felt very comfortable using my Z10 over the Z30. It also depends on the size of hands... not everyone has average sized hands, some people find Z10 tiny in their hands, likewise, I found Z30 a little difficult to handle, especially typing with one hand.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-14 02:35 PM
    I have posted my battery results with using my z10 with my normal daily usage. I charge my z10 at night, my typical day starts at 7AM and usually ends around 5:30-60PM time frame.

After a week of solid usage and settling in, I usually have around 40% of my battery remaining after a typical day. To me this is more then acceptable for my daily driver.

I have had both Android and Apple IOS devices and the z10 holds its own against any one of them.

I gave up my iPhone 5s and IOS 7 to come back to BlackBerry and the z10 and so far, I couldn't be happier and I am not turning back.

Sent from my BlackBerry z10 on 10.2.1.537
    02-13-14 03:38 PM
    Most phones will only last 6-10 hours with continuous use (super large battery variants excluded). You can check this out yourself at somewhere like gsm arena (BlackBerry Z10 battery tests are done, results are inside - GSMArena Blog). If you continuously use the phone, it will last this long. Any less, and there is most likely a problem (you can't use more than 100% ). Whenever your phone is in idle (no background tasks/email syncing/android apps etc), it uses very little juice. This is how some people end up with 15-20 hours. I use mine during the day as a communication device (email, sms and phone), and rarely use the net or play games. I get home and it is still well north of 50%. I can get down to 20% quickly (a few hours) by playing some heavy duty games, or doing lots of browsing etc.
    02-13-14 04:19 PM
    Im not subscribed to anything i got wifi off everything off data services off push emails manual i cant receive or send anything when data services are of as if im on an old cell phone only txt and call and my phone was on standby while i was sleeping. When i woke up i found out that my phone is off and hot!! Out of battery!! Soo it isnt from the services

Posted via CB10
    02-13-14 05:51 PM
    Im not subscribed to anything i got wifi off everything off data services off push emails manual i cant receive or send anything when data services are of as if im on an old cell phone only txt and call and my phone was on standby while i was sleeping. When i woke up i found out that my phone is off and hot!! Out of battery!! Soo it isnt from the services

Posted via CB10
    Maybe it was trying to do something, but you turned everything off so it couldn't get it done!

Posted via CB10
    02-13-14 08:43 PM
161 ... 4567