I had a problem with most of my android apps not connecting to my mobile network, but can connect with no problems on wi-fi. I did a lot of tinkering and still all A apps cannot connect in the mobile network. (Full Mobile Network Connection, disable/enable airplane mode, 2g to 3g and vice versa, restart and batter pull, etc.)

I looked at the settings of BB10 and everything is as good as it is. Then i realized, where is the settings of the Android Runtime? Then I installed an Android Launcher so I can access the Settings App of Android. I went to WiFi settings and it can be toggled On and Off. I went to Mobile Network and the Settings App crashed. This shows that there is really something wrong with the Mobile Network settings within the runtime. The problem is Blackberry forgot to put any settings for the runtime (unless I miss this one out)

Fix:
    I installed an android Battery Saver/Juice Defender/Battery Long-Live app.
    Within that app, I enable battery saving by turning off mobile network. Then I re-enable mobile network within the app. Lastly I disable/uninstalled the battery saving app.

Viola! Mobile network for Android Apps work.

I hope Blackberry will include a settings/option for Android Runtime so we can fix problems for sideloaded apps in case they may show in the future.

I hope this can help someone.

Posted via CB10
    Dopestduk likes this.
    07-03-14 05:52 AM
    I had a problem with most of my android apps not connecting to my mobile network, but can connect with no problems on wi-fi. I did a lot of tinkering and still all A apps cannot connect in the mobile network. (Full Mobile Network Connection, disable/enable airplane mode, 2g to 3g and vice versa, restart and batter pull, etc.)

I looked at the settings of BB10 and everything is as good as it is. Then i realized, where is the settings of the Android Runtime? Then I installed an Android Launcher so I can access the Settings App of Android. I went to WiFi settings and it can be toggled On and Off. I went to Mobile Network and the Settings App crashed. This shows that there is really something wrong with the Mobile Network settings within the runtime. The problem is Blackberry forgot to put any settings for the runtime (unless I miss this one out)

Fix:
    Within that app, I enable battery saving by turning off mobile network. Then I re-enable mobile network within the app. Lastly I disable/uninstalled the battery saving app.

I hope Blackberry will include a settings/option for Android Runtime so we can fix problems for sideloaded apps in case they may show in the future.

Posted via CB10
    Could you share the link to the battery app that you used? A google play store link might help other folks.

Is it one of these?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....juicedefender

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....ultimatejuice
    cynthyud and amolbande like this.
    07-03-14 08:04 AM
    It is the first one. But any battery saving android app will do as long as it can toggle the mobile network on/off.

Thanks for the clarification.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    07-03-14 08:15 AM
    It is the first one. But any battery saving android app will do as long as it can toggle the mobile network on/off.

Thanks for the clarification.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-14 03:26 PM
    Hey brother it works like a god to me I tried many ways but.
    .. none worked me but this one is just awesome. Hats off to u frd.
    ... its not a battery saver its a life saver
    vernel likes this.
    09-12-14 03:28 PM
    What is d name of the android launcher u installed

Posted via CB10
    09-14-14 09:31 AM
    Go go to SNAP and download ANDROID ASSISTANT install the app then open. At the top menu click on tools then click on mobile networks to switch it on. Viola as ur good to go.
    Fix - Android App Problem - Mobile Network Connection Error-img_20140914_172230.png

Posted via CB10
    isrgish and gopudevan like this.
    09-14-14 11:23 AM
    Fix - Android App Problem - Mobile Network Connection Error-img_20140914_172503.png

Posted via CB10
    09-14-14 11:25 AM
    I used android assistant from 1mobile app store then followed the steps aboves. Works perfectly!
    09-23-14 07:17 AM
    Just did what you said and it worked thank you so much

Posted via CB10
    01-10-15 12:59 AM
    Thank you my friend it works

Posted via CB10
    01-17-15 12:33 AM
    I've been searching for a solution to this problem for a while. Android Assistant worked as advertised. Thank you.
    01-21-15 07:05 PM
    Thxxxxx u so much for Reply..... Really Its worked for me .. I have faced prb from last week . & thx to Android Assiatance App... thx to u....
    02-06-15 08:00 AM

Fix:

Posted via CB10
    Thanks a lot. It work like magic, it saved me from the security wipe stuff...
    02-06-15 06:14 PM
    I am having that issue too. The fix isn't working for me. Older apps work (SigAlert Traffic app) , while updated ones (Waze) do not. Reboots and toggling networks, airplane modes etc., aren't doing the trick. Any other ideas?

03-13-15 08:14 AM