Just back from a dinner with some old work friends. By coincidence (except that we're all telecom engineers), all five of us had blackberry devices. One guy -- a sales executive -- had a Z10. He called it simply "the best device for business" because of the hub, and unlike the Bold/Q10, you can watch movies on it too!

We all took turns trying it out, and all just said "that's my next phone". It works beautifully, and it's the natural evolution for many, many current Blackberry users. The only thing that could hold me back, personally, is the FUD (Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt) being spread by news reports about Blackberry looking for a "strategic partner" or being up for sale. Rationally, I know that the phone will keep right on trucking, acquisition or no acquisition, but I have to invoke my rational thinking to keep that clear.

For many business users, apps won't be a deal-breaker, and superb communications can be a deal-maker. Blackberry and the Blackberry community have to stay clear on that, while critical mass builds and the eco-system follows. The herd wants BB to take off in one quarter, which ain't going to happen. But neither is BB going to disappear in 3 months. Time may actually be on BB's side if they can keep on breaking even (at least) and keep themselves from being tarred and feathered in the media.
    08-22-13 11:28 PM
    I wish I could join and share some great tricks of my lovely Z10 I have discovered

Posted via CB10
    08-22-13 11:47 PM
    Live from waterloo?

Posted via CB10
    08-22-13 11:49 PM
    I believe you are very accurate as to say it won't take off in a quarter and that it won't be gone in 3 either. The uncertainty is definitely hard to ignore as well. Its actually kind of nerve racking considering I loved WebOs and it fell fast and hard. I think BlackBerry has a little better hold than they did. What can I say I do love this system, I feel it's the best option out there right now. I often pick up my Android and find that it's really tough to maneuver through its system, when I pick it up to look for apps I may want.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-13 11:57 PM
    Montr�al, actually.
    08-23-13 12:21 AM
    I believe you are very accurate as to say it won't take off in a quarter and that it won't be gone in 3 either. The uncertainty is definitely hard to ignore as well. Its actually kind of nerve racking considering I loved WebOs and it fell fast and hard. I think BlackBerry has a little better hold than they did. What can I say I do love this system, I feel it's the best option out there right now. I often pick up my Android and find that it's really tough to maneuver through its system, when I pick it up to look for apps I may want.

Posted via CB10
    WebOS fell because HP shut it down. As long as BB stays independent or is acquired by a company that wants to keep the OS alive (putting aside questions of whether or not BB HW will survive) I think the system should have a long life -- there are a lot of BB lovers out there.
    08-23-13 12:32 AM
    Thats good to see! Now about you guys upgrading... lol sooner rather than later. The lot of ya!
    08-23-13 01:11 AM
    Wait for the Z30! Unless you don't want that big of a phone of course

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 01:50 AM