I just bought the Fitbit Flex and downloaded the Fitbit app from amazon. The app found the Flex but can't connect with it. I allowed the app to search and it told me to turn on bluetooth, which I did but it still won't connect.
    Suggestions please?
    04-03-15 03:08 AM
    May I ask what OS you are running on your device

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 05:22 AM
    I returned my Fitbit Charge HR (mileage tracking was very off on steep hikes). If I recall, you do not do normal BT pairing but use the app to find and pair it.
    04-03-15 11:49 AM
    Stupid question, but did you also turn on "make it discoverable" I have used Fitbit on my Passport for three months, no issues. I did get my version via Snap not Amazon if that makes any difference.

Posted via CB10
    seemsixty7 likes this.
    04-03-15 12:00 PM
    Fitbit help please-img_20150403_110125.png

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 12:02 PM
    May I ask what OS you are running on your device

Posted via CB10
    OS Version 10.3.1.2708
    Software release 10.3.1.1865
    04-03-15 01:48 PM
    I returned my Fitbit Charge HR (mileage tracking was very off on steep hikes). If I recall, you do not do normal BT pairing but use the app to find and pair it.
    I researched a lot of these and the fitbit was said to be the most seamless tracker. I did try the pairing through the app but I am not tech savy so probably am doing something wrong.
    04-03-15 01:51 PM
    Stupid question, but did you also turn on "make it discoverable" I have used Fitbit on my Passport for three months, no issues. I did get my version via Snap not Amazon if that makes any difference.

Posted via CB10
    I made it discoverable but it still didn't work. I'm now trying to get Snap. I have never side loaded before and I'm stuck. I don't know what I'm doing.
    04-03-15 02:38 PM
    What app? Since you have not loaded SNAP, how did you get the fitbit app?

For SNAP.... It sounds as if you have downloaded it to computer. Good first step. Next either get the Chome browser and find the Blackberry App Manager (it might still be the Playbook App Manager) and run it. You need the phone in Development Mode. Main Settings, Privacy and Security, scroll down to development mode and enable it. You will need the IP adddress (you're right, this method is complicated!!!) which can be found under Settings/About/Network. Run Chrome and the App manager. Plug in the values for IP address. Find Snap on your computer and drag it into Chrome.

Easier, probably. Visit the OS Leak subforum. Find the sticky thread about Sachesi. Download it. run it and attach usb cable. If it connects to your phone, go to the Install tab. Again drag the Snap bar file to it. It should install.
    04-03-15 03:39 PM
    Thanks F2. I got the fitbit app from amazon but it's not working.
    My computer is running Chrome but I didn't download SNAP to the computer, it's on the phone. I'll try that. I've done all the other things... development mode, Playbook App Manager, etc but my app list doesn't show SNAP. This isn't easy.
    04-03-15 09:40 PM
    Strange. My Flex works on my 10.3.1 devices without any problem. Does your bluetooth pick up Flex?

RedBerry Passport / 10.3.2.281 / Telus
    04-03-15 10:09 PM
    My Flex is very picky about when it will connect with my Z10. It will show that Bluetooth is on but won't connect to it. Sometimes a hard reset fixes the problem, sometimes not.

Strangely on the same OS, it connects perfectly with my Q5 and my Passport.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 11:33 PM
    Thanks F2. I got the fitbit app from amazon but it's not working.
    My computer is running Chrome but I didn't download SNAP to the computer, it's on the phone. I'll try that. I've done all the other things... development mode, Playbook App Manager, etc but my app list doesn't show SNAP. This isn't easy.
    SNAP won't show in the app list until you install it using Chrome. If Chrome is showing your other apps, then all you need to do it have snap.bar on your computer. Open the folder/directory where you have it (ON COMPUTER) and drag it into Chrome's upper right. It should then install it.

I don't remember where I got the Fit app.
    04-04-15 12:40 AM
    My Flex is very picky about when it will connect with my Z10. It will show that Bluetooth is on but won't connect to it. Sometimes a hard reset fixes the problem, sometimes not.

Strangely on the same OS, it connects perfectly with my Q5 and my Passport.

Posted via CB10
    Cecil: I admit I don't recall the details of pairing and installation. But you don't directly pair it using the phone's BT settings/discovery???? You open the app and then follow some procedure to pair it???? (the mind is going..............)
    04-04-15 12:42 AM
    Cecil: I admit I don't recall the details of pairing and installation. But you don't directly pair it using the phone's BT settings/discovery???? You open the app and then follow some procedure to pair it???? (the mind is going..............)
    I've actually had it work both ways. I believe the very first time I tried it on a leak I opened the BT settings and paired it, then loaded the Fitbit app and logged in and it worked. Now, often I'd close the Fitbit app and turn off my BT and try to go in and sync later and it wouldn't work. I'd have to reboot my phone sometimes, sometimes just pair the flex again in the settings.

I have opened the Fitbit app and gone to the device tab and added a device, I believe. Works the same.

Currently I will tell you, on the latest OS and the latest Fitbit app, I can't get my Z10 to connect to my Flex for love or money. It works on my two other phones so I couldn't say what the issue with my Z10 is. It pairs with other BT devices perfectly.

It also only semi-connects with my Garmin Vivofit. It connects, starts to sync then times out halfway through.

I know that's not much help, but hey, you're not alone.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    04-04-15 10:58 AM
    My FitBit works fine with my Passport. The time required to sync is longer than on my PC.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-15 04:50 PM
    On my Z30 I am using an old Fitbit version. The newer ones don't work for me.
    04-04-15 05:51 PM
    I had a Fitbit Charge HR for almost 2 weeks and I used the current Fitbit app from Amazon on my Q10. I was able to sync it with the app however it usually took a few attempts.

The reason I returned it was because it did not accurately or consistently calculate my heart rate. In addition it recorded steps while I was driving in my car or riding my motorcycle.

Recording the steps while driving or riding wasn't my biggest issue it was the inaccurate heart rate monitoring. I am now back to using a Polar H7 chest strap synced with CascRun Pro and I'm very satisfied. In addition, the Fitbit Charge HR would not sync with CascRun Pro for heart rate monitoring as it appears to use a priority protocol with it's Bluetooth.

Bob

Posted via CB 10>Q10-SQN100-5/10.3.1.2576>Z10-STL100-3/10.3.1.2576 On AT&T
    04-05-15 08:25 AM
    The reason I returned it was because it did not accurately or consistently calculate my heart rate. In addition it recorded steps while I was driving in my car or riding my motorcycle.

Recording the steps while driving or riding wasn't my biggest issue it was the inaccurate heart rate monitoring. I am now back to using a Polar H7 chest strap synced with CascRun Pro and I'm very satisfied. In addition, the Fitbit Charge HR would not sync with CascRun Pro for heart rate monitoring as it appears to use a priority protocol with it's Bluetooth.

Bob

The Fitbit's are not strictly pedometers, it says this on the Fitbit website FAQ's and in the user guide, you are awarded steps for the exertion carried out no matter what you are doing.

I suspect the new proprietary Bluetooth handshake is an attempt to get third party apps to integrate with the Fitbit API making use of the Fitbit data servers instead of providing the ability to connect direct to the devices.

I know it doesn't help solve the issue but my FitBit Flex syncs fine on Z10STL100-2/10.3.1.2576 with the latest Fitbit app available through Amazon.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-15 09:17 AM
    If my only interest was to record steps I'm sure any one of the other Fitbit offerings would be fine. As I have mentioned previously I wanted to monitor my heart rate and that is why I purchased the Charge HR. Unfortunately it wasn't performing in that function to my satisfaction and needs.

I discussed the recording of steps with Fibit when driving or riding my motorcycle and I can appreciate that based on movement during those activities it will record steps. A friend told me there was an app that I could use to account for driving, etc. but I would have to turn it on and off when I started and stopped driving. Just one more thing to do to accommodate for this particular short coming.

Regarding integrating to CascaRun Pro I talked to Fibit to inquire about getting their protocol so I could provide it to CascaRun so they could come up with a way to allow the heart rate monitoring to sync with their app. Fitbit was less than interested and only referred me to the apps they are currently associated with. After checking them out none were of interest to me. I have no idea how these relationships are established and that's between Fitbit and app developers.

As mentioned I am now using the Polar H7 and it is working to my satisfaction with CascRun Pro. I really prefer the features of CascaRun regarding tracking my exercise activities over the Fitbit app too.

I'm not knocking Fitbit as I'm sure it provides the desired data for some people...Unfortunately it just wasn't meeting my requirements.

Bob

04-05-15 10:55 AM
    I had a Fitbit Charge HR for almost 2 weeks and I used the current Fitbit app from Amazon on my Q10. I was able to sync it with the app however it usually took a few attempts.

Bob

I found the heart rate function pretty accurate even for me with a generally low resting pulse. And I did like the sleep info. But as you were awarded steps (and over all it adds to distance), I found the hiking distances were very inaccurate. I would guess it is because I use hiking poles and therefore besides STEPS, it is quite probably recording ARM SWINGS. On a few steep hikes, my distance was almost twice the trail distances.

I also have to admit that BIG BROTHER knowing my sleep patterns and other info also got the better of me. Only the NSA has a need to know that info!!!!!!!!!!

So, while I could sync with my Z30, it did not "sync" with my lifestyle and privacy. I returned it to REI.
    04-05-15 06:12 PM
    I found the heart rate function pretty accurate even for me with a generally low resting pulse. And I did like the sleep info. But as you were awarded steps (and over all it adds to distance), I found the hiking distances were very inaccurate. I would guess it is because I use hiking poles and therefore besides STEPS, it is quite probably recording ARM SWINGS. On a few steep hikes, my distance was almost twice the trail distances.

I also have to admit that BIG BROTHER knowing my sleep patterns and other info also got the better of me. Only the NSA has a need to know that info!!!!!!!!!!

So, while I could sync with my Z30, it did not "sync" with my lifestyle and privacy. I returned it to REI.
    It will be recording not just your arm swings but due to the type of movement it would probably recognise you are holding/swinging something, this is Fitbit's little squiffy algorithm to award you for exertion over traditional steps (compared to a traditional pedometer).

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    04-05-15 07:57 PM
    I know when I was riding my motorcycle my Fitbit recorded thousands of steps and I wasn't swinging my arm... my arm was fairly static other than my hand engaging my clutch lever when required. I was certainly amazed at how many steps it recorded while riding my motorcycle. Driving in my car 100's of steps as opposed to thousands riding my motorcycle... :-(

Bob

04-05-15 08:42 PM
    I know when I was riding my motorcycle my Fitbit recorded thousands of steps and I wasn't swinging my arm... my arm was fairly static other than my hand engaging my clutch lever when required. I was certainly amazed at how many steps it recorded while riding my motorcycle. Driving in my car 100's of steps as opposed to thousands riding my motorcycle... :-(

Bob

Try going into your settings and switch setting to Dominant wrist placement. That might help lower it's sensitivity

RedBerry Passport / 10.3.2.281 / Telus
    oystersourced likes this.
    04-06-15 05:42 AM

Bob

I've never ridden a motorbike, is it quite physical compared to driving a car?

Posted via CB10
    04-06-15 07:24 AM
28 12