before i start let me just say that i'm loving my z10 and bb10 experience so far. i'm a former keyboard guy (using the following in the past: treo 600 & treo 650, HTC excalibur, nokia E7, BB9700, BB9900) and the more i use the z10 i don't think i'm going to be going back. i got my z10 around noon on Feb. 5 and it has been very stable so far. i haven't had to pull the battery at all and have only restarted the phone a few times, usually as a first step to resolve app specific issues, not the overall OS. i hadn't experienced any random reboots until this morning when i was on the way to work. I had the following apps open: whatsapp, stock pulse, browser, wallpaper changer HD and file manager transferring 2GB of .avi video files from the device to my 64GB sd card. i downloaded a couple movies last night via atorrent and wanted to have them with the rest of my video files on the sd rather than on the phone itself. i have wallpaper changer set to change my wallpaper every minute and it pulls from a folder on my sd that has roughly 120 images in it. i was reading an article from seeking alpha in the browser (i believe there was a 2nd tab open as well) when i swiped up from the blackberry logo to check the progress of the transfer when the screen went black and the phone started to reboot.

so as you can see, quite a bit of stuff going on there. i have no clue what caused it, just reporting the scenario. in the future i'll probably transfer bigger files from device to sd and vice versa when the phone is plugged into a computer.
    divakar likes this.
    02-25-13 03:54 PM
    sad your BB10 crashed.. would not worry unless it becomes a comon occurance... seems to OP summized what a power user is... would be an interesting test to see if the competition can do what the BB10 can in this case....
    divakar likes this.
    02-25-13 04:01 PM
    No crashes on mine yet. Had for 3 and a half weeks, so going good. Battery life has settled down too and get a full day easily out of my Z10.

Posted via CB10 using my awesome BB Z10
    divakar likes this.
    02-25-13 04:05 PM
    sad your BB10 crashed.. would not worry unless it becomes a comon occurance... seems to OP summized what a power user is... would be an interesting test to see if the competition can do what the BB10 can in this case....
    I'm not worried. Just putting it out there
    02-25-13 09:28 PM
    I have had my crash once that I know of. I was typing up a memo and the next thing I knew I couldn't type and a second later the screen was black and it was restarting.
    This happened another time but I am not completely sure if I accidentally held the power button or not. I have also had to restart once when sending an text. I was unable to type anything and upon restart it resolved itself.
    With all of that said I still loving my Zed10!!!

Posted via CB10 on my Zed10!!!
    02-25-13 09:35 PM
    my bb crashed once only because my friend was playing with it. i would blame the whatsapp since it is an android port
    02-25-13 11:00 PM
    Wow... I have never heard of a crash before on any other mobile o/s or device...this must be unique to the Z10.
    .....Perhaps we should start with how many untested & side loaded apps you were running and then work backwards from there.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-13 11:17 PM
    Wow... I have never heard of a crash before on any other mobile o/s or device...this must be unique to the Z10.
    .....Perhaps we should start with how many untested & side loaded apps you were running and then work backwards from there.

Posted via CB10
    Oh wow. And how many other platforms have you used then? I can tell you that the Facebook app ony ipod touch tends to crash on an almost DAILY basis. How us that for NO crashes on other platforms? I have also had to restart said ipod many times because of stupid things not working and it has shut itself down as well. So sorry to burst your arrogant bubble but get your head out of your a$s and take the blunders off your eye balls.

dissekt likes this.
    02-25-13 11:29 PM
    Oh. Also I should add that my 1 year old APPLE I MAC is currently sent off to apple because it... wait for it... CRASHED. O.M.F.G. Imagine that. The invincible fruit is not perfect like the sheep like to think it is. A-freakin-mazing!

02-25-13 11:33 PM
    Hey, I was saying exactly the same thing. My point was that this happens all the time on all platforms and rather than blame the Z10, he should look at the fact that he is running side loaded apps.

Sent from my Z10!!!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by d3rd; 02-28-13 at 04:03 PM.
    02-25-13 11:37 PM
    Gotta love ten year old children on Crackberry.

02-25-13 11:48 PM
    Wow! Z10 attracts such mature adorers!
    02-25-13 11:58 PM
    I had my first crash today too. Had the Z10 on my table while I was working, next thing I knew was that the Z10 just restarted. Yesterday was not able to answer calls as the phone froze. Not a great experience but what the heck, I'm loving my Z10!!
    02-26-13 12:04 AM
    Mine has not crashed. I have restarted mine once since Feb 5, not because I had to. But because I wanted to see if there was a difference.
    02-26-13 12:11 AM

Posted via CB10
    Welcome to CB. I see you just registered.

Given that the OP was clearly not a flame and was meant as information and to further the cause, I think your sarcasm is pretty stupid. I know the internet gives you a sense of place, but could you do us all a favour and go to another site to make pointless posts like this?

I'd appreciate it and I know a few others here would.

Thanks
    mset
    Last edited by mset; 02-26-13 at 12:36 AM.
    meganVee, Drayk and Bungalow_Bill like this.
    02-26-13 12:15 AM
    heres the screenshot of my first browser crash..
    no biggy.. just hit restore and its find so far.
    no need to restart as well.
    First Z10 Crash-img_00000250.jpg
    02-26-13 12:21 AM
    i've crashed the quad core PC i bought on february 10th more times than my z10. it has that flashy intel ivory bridge chip and 16GB of RAM too.
    02-26-13 01:37 AM
    Has anyone had an issue where they were typing a text message and then suddenly they were unable to continue typing?
    It happened again today. I restarted the hub but it did not fix so I had to restart the phone. No biggie as it only takes a minute but even so.

02-26-13 08:31 PM
    Whatsapp is available for Z10????? When did this happen
    02-27-13 12:17 AM
    First and will definitely not the last time
    02-27-13 12:19 AM
    Has anyone had an issue where they were typing a text message and then suddenly they were unable to continue typing?
    It happened again today. I restarted the hub but it did not fix so I had to restart the phone. No biggie as it only takes a minute but even so.

this has happened to me a couple times though i don't recall whether or not using text messages. a hub restart fixed it though. gotta thank crackberry for that neat trick.

Whatsapp is available for Z10????? When did this happen
    it's sideloaded.
    02-27-13 02:14 AM
    Mine has crashed twice. Had very little running and was simply doing some browsing and all of a sudden it rebooted. These things happen and as BB "refines" the OS, we should see this less and less.

Just glad that most the stuff we are hearing about sounds like software/OS problems and not hardware. One of our 9900 units would reboot if you just squeezed it a particular way!!!
    meganVee likes this.
    02-27-13 03:20 AM
    Umm, well... sideloaded apps - never know what they might be doing that is not healthy in an environment they were never designed to run in.

And bittorrent - inviting a bunch of strangers to connect to your system/device to leach off of it in the background for who knows how long in exchange for downloading a file. Never had any personal interest in that for a million reasons.

Wallpaper changer that changes wallpaper every 60 seconds? Really?

That's where I'd start troubleshooting.
    416to604 likes this.
    02-27-13 03:22 AM
    And bittorrent - inviting a bunch of strangers to connect to your system/device to leach off of it in the background for who knows how long in exchange for downloading a file. Never had any personal interest in that for a million reasons.

Wallpaper changer that changes wallpaper every 60 seconds? Really?
    atorrent wasn't open at the time of the crash. realistically i use my PC for torrenting and likely won't be using it often if at all on my phone. i'm still quite surprised that it even works.

and what can i say about wallpaper changer... i have each wallpaper show for a short amount of time to match my relatively short attention span. once i started putting wallpapers on my z10 i wanted to see them all and often. everything just looks so good on that screen.
    meganVee likes this.
    02-27-13 04:55 PM
    Welcome to CB. I see you just registered.

Given that the OP was clearly not a flame and was meant as information and to further the cause, I think your sarcasm is pretty stupid. I know the internet gives you a sense of place, but could you do us all a favour and go to another site to make pointless posts like this?

I'd appreciate it and I know a few others here would.

Thanks
    mset
    I was going to let this drop until I looked at most of your other posts which add little to no value except to whine about someone else's comments. In fact, this is not the first time you have made this statement is it?

As to the comment about the sarcasm - yeah there was a little - but in no way was it an attack on the OP. Aside from that however, I made a suggestion to check the side loaded apps which I believe are causing 90% of the instability and battery problems being reported. A number of others are pointing to this as well.

What did you add to the thread or most of the others you post on - that's right - nothing!!

I have a suggestion for you as well, but can't say it here

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by d3rd; 02-27-13 at 10:02 PM.
    Berry_Pink likes this.
    02-27-13 07:09 PM
78 123 ...