Needed her the most man after a long days shift, just basic calls and as soon as I took her off the charger she was discharging at charging speed. Something ridiculous like 1min 08sec, this was after a few days of solid improvements! Turned it on to voice only, little change.

SO I HAD ENOUGH.

I done a security wipe there and then in the car. I backed it up about a week ago so now I am missing a few numbers I collected in the past week but my god why on earth do I put up with this **** from my Blackberry?

From an outside view, it doesn't bode well because Blackberry's are always the phone that breaks. My 9300 trackball had broken TWICE I had to get TWO replacements. I know and WE ALL KNOW BB10 is a much improved system, but when I (and others) have to lose all data to do security wipes how on earth can we persuade others to join?

Sort it out Blackberry.
    10-04-13 03:23 PM
    Not even sure what happened here? Rogue app? Faulty battery? How did the battery just do that on its own? And why the security wipe?
    10-04-13 03:30 PM
    Maybe try a battery pull? Just leave it out of the socket for like maybe 5mins and try again. If not, you could always try the latest leaks. They've got great battery improvements. Hope this may help?

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    10-04-13 03:55 PM
    I tried charging it with a in car charger - I think this could be the problem. Originally used it for my 9300.

Apps are nothing to do with it, all of you say the same thing, it is NOT an app or battery itself. Porbably a combo of the Android runtime being corrupt WITH the in car charger.

Also now feeling the repercussions for my dramatic actions as there was one important saved text message with an email I need to contact. **** MY LIFE.
    10-04-13 04:14 PM
    Also an important photo. Last sync/back up was day before it was taken. Really annoyed now.
    10-04-13 04:16 PM
    If you know what was the issue, then why bother posting and asking? Geeze.. I get it you're frustrated, but people are offering suggestions...

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 04:26 PM
    I had my share of frustration. In the end I calmed down and still using the z10. In fact, I love it a lot more now. I just downloaded bbm channels.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 04:36 PM
    I tried charging it with a in car charger - I think this could be the problem. Originally used it for my 9300.

Apps are nothing to do with it, all of you say the same thing, it is NOT an app or battery itself. Porbably a combo of the Android runtime being corrupt WITH the in car charger.

Also now feeling the repercussions for my dramatic actions as there was one important saved text message with an email I need to contact. **** MY LIFE.
    Yeah...that was the problem.
    10-04-13 04:41 PM
    THE mini USB connection on a computer or car charger keeps cutting out. So god dam annoying I think it damages the battery sometimes so I have to wipe.
    10-04-13 06:36 PM
    Isn't a "wipe" like killing termites with a sledgehammer ... or changing your car's engine every time it needs a tune up & oil change?

If your battery's effed-up, why not go back to your carrier and have them give you a new one? It should still be under warranty ... right?
    And how is a "phone wipe" supposed to address/cure a wacky battery?

All I'm saying is "maybe your fixes are too radical for the problem" ... "maybe."
    I could be wrong, and others may have a different opinion.

That's my 2 cents from a penny-less country.
    Cheers & Keep Moving!

THE mini USB connection on a computer or car charger keeps cutting out. So god dam annoying I think it damages the battery sometimes so I have to wipe.
    10-04-13 06:43 PM
    READ THIS:
    Have you updated BB World? There were 2 updates in the past 2-weeks or so. The first update (I believe) caused my Z10 to start discharging quickly -exactly the same as yours.
    After applying the second update the problem stopped. It's now back to normal.
    I charge my phone over night (using it for my alarm clock), unplugging at 5AM it typically has a 60-70% charge remaining at 9-10PM.
    10-04-13 07:03 PM
    Here I go again with brand new 1767

First time today me and my z10 fell out-image.jpgClick image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	314 
Size:	50.8 KB 
ID:	207742First time today me and my z10 fell out-image.jpg

Edit: notice instant improvement with H signal. Back to full bars again. Wow! Well done berry leaks
    10-04-13 07:07 PM
    READ THIS:
    Have you updated BB World? There were 2 updates in the past 2-weeks or so. The first update (I believe) caused my Z10 to start discharging quickly -exactly the same as yours.
    After applying the second update the problem stopped. It's now back to normal.
    I charge my phone over night (using it for my alarm clock), unplugging at 5AM it typically has a 60-70% charge remaining at 9-10PM.
    thank you, will take note of this as I resettle it. 1767 looks impressive, gmail bug is fixed. Currently restoring app data and as I said H is unbelievably up to full bars when I struggled with two on 1443
    10-04-13 07:09 PM
    So let me get this straight. You are running a leaked OS, charging with suspect cables, jumped on a security wipe as a solution to battery drain, and that is BlackBerry's fault? If the data in your phone is as critical as you imply maybe you shouldn't be running leaks, or at least be doing more backups.

I'm running a leak myself, but I accept it is not code BlackBerry intended for me to use.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 10:51 PM
    Needed her the most man after a long days shift, just basic calls and as soon as I took her off the charger she was discharging at charging speed. Something ridiculous like 1min 08sec, this was after a few days of solid improvements! Turned it on to voice only, little change.

SO I HAD ENOUGH.

I done a security wipe there and then in the car. I backed it up about a week ago so now I am missing a few numbers I collected in the past week but my god why on earth do I put up with this **** from my Blackberry?

From an outside view, it doesn't bode well because Blackberry's are always the phone that breaks. My 9300 trackball had broken TWICE I had to get TWO replacements. I know and WE ALL KNOW BB10 is a much improved system, but when I (and others) have to lose all data to do security wipes how on earth can we persuade others to join?

Sort it out Blackberry.
    At this point, I can only encourage you to take a breather and read all the sensational postings over at imore.com.

Sent from my Motorola Startac
    10-05-13 11:48 AM
    My battery actually started discharging quickly after I downloaded the first 10.1 update. I fought with it for a couple of days before doing a "wipe". Battery pulls would not work for me either. After the wipe, I re download the update and it has worked fine ever since. Every once in a while the battery gets hot and I have to do a battery pull though.

Sent via BlackBerry Zed 10
    10-05-13 12:41 PM
    It's very likely the memory card. Same thing happened with my sisters Q10. Pulled out the corrupt card and battery life went from 4 hours to 48 hours.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 01:04 PM
    Wow. Wouldn't think that would cause it but wow.

Sent via BlackBerry Zed 10
    10-05-13 01:29 PM
    Some improvement but not happy I can use all functions. Haven't touched the car charger also the memory card is interesting.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 05:25 PM